💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Iggy x Azealia Collab Blocked By Def Jam

Hades

Featured Posts

venusfly
Just now, ryanripley said:

why don't they let iggy go too if they're not willing to invest in her? like just let her go independant and if it flops, they have no losses :duck: 

Iggy would probably get snapped up by another major the second she gets dropped from Def jam, she could still smash easily with some investment but Def Jam aren't gonna give her that because she called out all her execs by name in public so they're probably going to be petty and just keep her tied into the label :emma: There's less of a loss for them if they just keep her in limbo.

Ferrer Zorola
28 minutes ago, BenG said:

Def in the Jam

Can you explain what that phrase means? I know it's from paper gangsta but I never understood it 

LIFE IS GOOD

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Iggy would probably get snapped up by another major the second she gets dropped from Def jam, she could still smash easily with some investment but Def Jam aren't gonna give her that because she called out all her execs by name in public so they're probably going to be petty and just keep her tied into the label :emma: There's less of a loss for them if they just keep her in limbo.

but... that's mean :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DOJA CAT
11 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Can you explain what that phrase means? I know it's from paper gangsta but I never understood it 

I think it's just a play on words 

thank u, next

Ferrer Zorola
17 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Iggy would probably get snapped up by another major the second she gets dropped from Def jam, she could still smash easily with some investment but Def Jam aren't gonna give her that because she called out all her execs by name in public so they're probably going to be petty and just keep her tied into the label :emma:There's less of a loss for them if they just keep her in limbo.

Thanks. You actually taught me something. :oprah:

LIFE IS GOOD

Ferrer Zorola
2 minutes ago, Red Flame Angle said:

I think it's just a play on words 

I know but is being Def actually a thing? And what does she mean by in the jam other than that label? 

Otherwise it doesn't have any sense :emma:

come on, she's  better than that 

LIFE IS GOOD

Ryusei

just let her release that album, let it flop and drop her if you dont wanna release anything for her gosh.... let her be indie or look for another label. Free haaaa. Next thing we know #FreeIggy will be a thing

Musery

Ryusei
32 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I know but is being Def actually a thing? And what does she mean by in the jam other than that label? 

The genius annotation says "Lady Gaga was originally signed by def jam but was dropped so she was saying she was losing hearing to the music working her ass off" 

Musery

TittyGlitterDance
25 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

"Def" as in deaf, and "jam" as in the music. Music is her passion but the label were being too controlling and she wasn't making the decisions so it was as if she were being left out of the discussions about her career, and felt "deaf" as the process happened without her consideration.  Def Jam as a label held her back, so this phrase is using the labels name as a play on words to create a metaphor for how she was feeling at the time. Sorry if I over explained it but you sound really confused hahaha

Find solace in the privilege to pursue, Most people are crushed into servitude

Ferrer Zorola
1 minute ago, TittyGlitterDance said:

"Def" as in deaf, and "jam" as in the music. Music is her passion but the label were being too controlling and she wasn't making the decisions so it was as if she were being left out of the discussions about her career, and felt "deaf" as the process happened without her consideration.  Def Jam as a label held her back, so this phrase is using the labels name as a play on words to create a metaphor for how she was feeling at the time. Sorry if I over explained it but you sound really confused hahaha

Don't be sorry! Thanks, it does make a lot of sense now!

LIFE IS GOOD

Ferrer Zorola
7 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

just let her release that album, let it flop and drop her if you dont wanna release anything for her gosh.... let her be indie or look for another label. Free haaaa. Next thing we know #FreeIggy will be a thing

Kesha ha impact 

...sorry, I had to :air: 

LIFE IS GOOD

Wolf Boy

I dont know why ya'll cant come to terms with the fact Iggy is done. No one cares anymore, she ain't selling, the label ain't selling, she is done. 

I'd like to hear DD too, but unless she just releases it for free it isn't seeing the light of day.

She was a flash in the pan.

MJHolland

Gagged 

she needs to get out from under that label but idk if one would pick her back up at this point 

ugh Iggy love ya sis hoping for the best 

Archived