other

"Black Twitter" Wants Gaga to pay Takiya Thompson's legal fees

merlot

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George

I guess she should just leave it be and she should stop caring for others cuz that is what others want. Those people are so ****ing unthankful. Even if you support them, they'll bring you down. 

Why do these people think that if you're white you suddenly owe black people something, and act like they have to redeem themselves. I'm f*cking pissed. 

Gaga has always fought for equality. Yet people are being rude to her and using an aggressive tone just because she happens to be a successful white person. What does her being white have to do with people "coddling" her? Rich, kinda. Famous, maybe. But white?! Why is it ok for people to use "white" with an aggressive tone when you would called racist for doing the same with "black". 

White people should fight for black rights because equality is the morally right thing everyone should fight for. NOT because every white person suddenly owes them something just because they're privileged.

All the garbage people on twitter shaming her for being a successful white person by calling her fake or telling her to go back to making "trash" pop music, etc., need to understand that gaga is being part of the solution and that THEY are being part of the problem. 

59 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Myles what? 

Clearly you did not see his second tweet.

This is an insult to Gaga who's trying to be an ally. This is disgusting behavior by people who don't understand the issues and would rather sit and talk about who's white and privileged and who's not than actually doing something about the situation we're facing. THAT'S THE TYPE OF PERSON MYLES IS! It's a disrespect to those fighting for the movement, a disrespect to those who died as a result of the hatred we're trying to fight and a disrespect to an ally who's trying her best. 

Myles seems like an immature kid that's trying to garner retweets. Then again, that's the entire black twitter. I feel disgusted that these are the people claiming to represent the black community, they have no right to represent this community when they take the issues they face as jokes. It's literally exciting for them when there's drama.

I'm honestly disgusted.

What? The tweet where he wrote: "why are people coddling this rich, famous white woman? she asked what she could do and I gave her clear directions. she will survive."?

That's in response to people saying he dragged her in his first tweet :shrug: And he is right, Gaga doesn't need to be coddled, his response wasn't some cruel dig... She is rich, famous and white and can use that privilege to help those who don't have that privilege... All he did was point to something she could do with her privilege in order to help, pay for Takiya Thompson's legal fees. I'm sure she can handle that, I'm sure she will survive.

He isn't bringing up her wealth, fame and whiteness out of the blue - he is saying that she will be fine, she has an enormous amount of privilege and, if she wants to be a better ally, she could use that privilege to spread awareness, to speak up and to donate to particular people and causes.

Unless you think Gaga needs coddling and can't deal with somebody asking her to use her enormous wealth to pay for the legal fees of Takiya Thompson - I don't see what you would take issue with... 

NIghtmareElm

This is the kind of guy that will riot, destroy his own city, and then expect people to donate money to pay for the damages. 

Regina George
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

I don't see this as dragging or mocking her :huh: 

Like - She asked how she could be a stronger ally, Myles genuinely believes that she could be a strong ally to POC by paying the legal fees of this black woman who he genuinely sees as a brave person facing the brunt of the law for doing what is morally right. She could use her enormous privilege to help someone without privilege.

Takiya Thompson is someone without the money to properly defend herself, Gaga has the money and to her it would be very little. Gaga asked how she can help, this is one way she could use her privilege to help.

You can disagree with his position, but it's a reach to call it a 'drag'... Like it's legitimate advice lol.

Oh honey it was rude. 

"why are people coddling this rich, famous white woman?"

Do we need to call her that "ugly, trash" white woman? Is being white something wrong? 

Beyonce is black and rich and famous.. why isn't she doing anything? Maybe they wouldn't drag her cuz she is black? 

We don't need to label people as white woman, white man, black woman, black man. We are people, we are human, everyone is the same. 

Being white doesn't mean we are awful human beings and I don't ****ing want anyone to call my skin color out cuz I am woman and I am human. 

This is clearly not "just an advice".. it is drag.. 

13 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Oh honey it was rude. 

"why are people coddling this rich, famous white woman?"

Do we need to call her that "ugly, trash" white woman? Is being white something wrong? 

Beyonce is black and rich and famous.. why isn't she doing anything? Maybe they wouldn't drag her cuz she is black? 

We don't need to label people as white woman, white man, black woman, black man. We are people, we are human, everyone is the same. 

Being white doesn't mean we are awful human beings and I don't ****ing want anyone to call my skin color out cuz I am woman and I am human. 

This is clearly not "just an advice".. it is drag.. 

No there is nothing wrong with being white, rich and famous? Which is a large part of the reason I don't understand why people are getting offended.

She is famous, wealthy and white - that gives her a lot of privilege. Privilege she could use to help others without such privileges. She asked how she could be a stronger ally, that's how, by using the privilages afforded to her from being rich, famous and white in order to help others.

Gaga spoke up, Gaga asked how she could be a better and stronger ally, she involved herself. Myles responded to her by saying she could use her wealth to pay for Takiya Thompson's legal fees, some monsters accused him of dragging her, he said Gaga should be able to survive and didn't need coddling over something so innocuous.  That seems about right :shrug: 

If Beyonce asked how she could help, if Beyonce involved herself, then I'm sure she would receive similar advice...

Eighteen

minorities need to stop pushing white people to the side when they are ON YOUR SIDE. if no white people stood beside you, then what? stop being stupid

Regina George
10 minutes ago, Bebe said:

No there is nothing wrong with being white, rich and famous? Which is a large part of the reason I don't understand why people are getting offended.

She is famous, wealthy and white - that gives her a lot of privilege. Privilege she could use to help others without such privileges. She asked how she could be a stronger ally, that's how, by using the privilages afforded to her from being rich, famous and white in order to help others.

Gaga spoke up, Gaga asked how she could be a better and stronger ally, she involved herself. Myles responded to her by saying she could use her wealth to pay for Takiya Thompson's legal fees, some monsters accused him of dragging her, he said Gaga should be able to survive and didn't need coddling over something so innocuous.  That seems about right :shrug: 

If Beyonce asked how she could help, if Beyonce involved herself then I'm sure she would recieve similar advice...

Okay so why does everyone think that being white or asian or whatever is superior to being black? I was in a lot of situation where black people had better things than me only and only cuz they are black and cuz we as whites "owe" them and we don't want to be rude to them. 

Being white is something you are born with and it shouldn't be superiority in any way cuz no one can choose it, no one can achieve that and no one can change that. And I will always get offended when they use terms such as "white woman".. I am only woman, and every ****ing woman on this planet is my sister and I will be there for them only cuz they are womans. Not cuz they are white, not cuz they have blonde hair or something but cuz they are woman.

And lets ask would they like if we used "this black woman" in every situation.. it is rude and it is offensive. Sorry, not sorry. 

mikedu24

I feel so ashamed as a black man. I can't even open my mouth to criticize without people calling you names . We are our own enemies that's why we'll never succeed. 

Anyway most of the tweets seem to support Gags so I wouldn't worry much. Just ignore the fake twitter activists.

Morphine Prince

Everything some of these "activists" do and say is so hostile.

They hurt the cause. 

Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay so why does everyone think that being white or asian or whatever is superior to being black? I was in a lot of situation where black people had better things than me only and only cuz they are black and cuz we as whites "owe" them and we don't want to be rude to them. 

Being white is something you are born with and it shouldn't be superiority in any way cuz no one can choose it, no one can achieve that and no one can change that. And I will always get offended when they use terms such as "white woman".. I am only woman, and every ****ing woman on this planet is my sister and I will be there for them only cuz they are womans. Not cuz they are white, not cuz they have blonde hair or something but cuz they are woman.

And lets ask would they like if we used "this black woman" in every situation.. it is rude and it is offencive. Sorry, not sorry. 

What? :smh: You're going on a rant at this point and it's totally separate from this specific instance.

I would hope not many people think being white or asian is superior to being black... I mean, the rise in the alt-right and the response to Charlottesville would unfortunately probably indicate otherwise though...

"I was in a lot of situation where black people had better things than me only and only cuz they are black and cuz we as whites "owe" them and we don't want to be rude to them. "

This is too general and vague to even begin to respond to...

"Being white is something you are born with and it shouldn't be superiority in any way cuz no one can choose it, no one can achieve that and no one can change that"

No... Being white shouldn't make you 'superior' :huh: That's definitely not what I'm arguing or what Myles is arguing.... We are arguing that whiteness affords you a certain privilege in a society that rewards whiteness and punishes blackness. Is that what you mean? 

In what scenario would you be using "this black woman"? I mean... It's about context. When it comes to Gaga's privilege, and how she could use her privilege to help, Gaga's wealth, fame and whiteness are relevant to bring up :huh: Being rich, white and famous doesn't make you a bad person - but that's not what anybody is saying.

To bring it back on track in terms of this topic though - You still haven't shown to me how this is a drag towards Gaga. Like I said:

Gaga spoke up, Gaga asked how she could be a better and stronger ally, she involved herself. Myles responded to her by saying she could use her wealth to pay for Takiya Thompson's legal fees, some monsters accused him of dragging her, he said Gaga should be able to survive and didn't need coddling over something so innocuous.  That seems about right.

britneygaga99

In Italy we have many statues and obelisks built by Fascism and entitled to Mussolini, but they're historic and we didn't take them down.

Destroying statues isn't legal. She's in jail for a good reason.

CannaeDrive
6 minutes ago, britneygaga99 said:

In Italy we have many statues and obelisks built by Fascism and entitled to Mussolini, but they're historic and we didn't take them down.

Destroying statues isn't legal. She's in jail for a good reason.

Besides, it's useless and do nothing valuable for the cause you fight for. It is lazy and stupid, doing an illegal act when there is plenty LEGAL and LEGITIMATE and PRODUCTIVE things to do to advance your cause. Geee...

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived