💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Lana a cheap mess when shes touring?

Nono

Featured Posts

lost in limbo
11 minutes ago, Nono said:

Mess

My job is to be one

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xoxo Adriana

the question is....why are your expectations of her still higher than what she does, even though she's been doing that pretty much her whole career :poot: 

However I do agree, I hope she does something a little more glamorous and elegant for her L4L tour. I don't really care for stage design with Lana but having something eye-catching to wear is more important for her. I always wanted to her to wear the "beauty queen" beehive hairstyle that she use to wear back in the Born to Die era again.

Xoxo Adriana
14 hours ago, lego said:

You think these are bad? :duck: 

the only bad one in there was the picasso looking outfit :emma: that one was real messy

Loving the coffee cup and the cigarette in the pictures you posted. 

I can just imagine her checking her goddamn phone during a performance. :smh:

Villanelle

I often wondered this

Her songs have a classy feel to them (despite the nature of what she's usually singing about) but on stage, it's a polo shirt and jeans lol

8 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

the question is....why are your expectations of her still higher than what she does, even though she's been doing that pretty much her whole career :poot: 

the "high expectations/you're the one with the problem" crap is nonsense. our whole life is dependent on expectations/anticipation. if it was all action and no one was looking for answers, we'd still be in the hunter-gatherer era.

we don't even have a problem to solve here. we're looking for answers. it's just talk. we want to understand a person we follow and admire. we don't have to like her but we want to like her more because we love her already. love is understanding and understanding is key in the human experience.

we're not discussing this to come up with a list of ideas to send her, so that we can buy tickets to her show. we're not going to boycott her show because we can't enjoy it enough. we're not going to cry ourselves to sleep over it either.

sure, there's people who simply like to bitch but the nature of this topic is not the issue here. it's people's perception of criticism in this day and age. there's a whole lot of people who use the internet as an outlet for their anger and as a result, there's a new breed of social creatures who feel too insecure and prefer to avoid all conversation and just preach acceptance which obviously backfires.

we imprison ourselves in our search for ultimate freedom. freedom is spirit. it's not about positivity and letting things be. it's a balance that helps us move forward. this generation thinks it's so brave, but it's evidently going backwards because of it's proud inability to take it all in.

StrawberryBlond
On 8/17/2017 at 0:16 AM, Nono said:

You got it all wrong, OF COURSE she wont have firework and fire on her tour and twerk and god knows what else....

She is not a popstar and doesnt need to have latex costume and everything else popstars have

nobody is complaining about adele because she looks glamorous when shes touring....

the only problem I have with lana is her looking cheapy in my opinion and she doesnt look like that in music videos and etc only when shes touring...

i need a little effort(only style wise) from her, is she can do it when shes on 100+ magazine covers she can do it on tour too

I talked just about her clothes, not Lana is supposed to have dancers wtf is wrong with her?

Well, Lana isn't much of a fan of touring. So, it stands to reason that she'd favour comfort over all else if she has to do it. Applying make up, pulling on tights, putting on jewellery, zipping into tight costumes...it's all very time consuming and exhausting every second night. That's the part of touring that I would hate. You feel good when you're dressed up but it's the getting to the point that I can't be bothered with. Bit ironic that she's going to be singing: "I get ready, I get all dressed up to go nowhere in particular" on this tour but we don't really mind. If her dressing casual is what it takes to get her on tour, I don't mind. She's glamorous on magazine covers because it's a one-off thing. Getting glammed up for one occasion is understandable but being forced to do it every other day is exhausting. I don't understand why her choice of clothes is such a big issue for you. What does looks have to do with singing?

On 8/17/2017 at 0:19 AM, JDi said:

even static landscape films like beaches or highways or gardens, switching from brighter lights to a spotlight, sitting down... anything would be enough at this point. 

well the show I went to was mostly gay men and I mostly see those follow her online, so there. and I didn't suggest anything. I was genuinely wondering because, like I said, I appreciate her art and Honeymoon is actually the only album I feel like listening to in its entirety but an hour and a half is too much for me to stay hooked on her kind of performance. 

but let me correct myself there "it feels like a really good* **** that you suddenly* feel like getting over with." I was fascinated with her and I could get lost in the music (even though I was being pushed the entire time since I was almost front row) but at one point I started to feel like I was watching a youtube video. it was what I imagine a Britney concert would feel like. looking all vulnerable and cute didn't fit the persona in many of the songs, at all. good thing I felt attracted to her, but then again, it must have been the sense of submissiveness that I don't think she was necessarily going for. it's seductive in a ****ed up way. I would go see her again, to see her, but I don't think she does her art justice... and I guess she's aware of that because wasn't there a time when she used to talk about not doing productions for venues with more than 1k capacity?

well that's... I mean... I definitely agree lol

Well, if it's not enough to keep you hooked, then just don't go, simple as that. With the censored bit, are you saying "p*rn"? Because I don't know what you're implying there as I can't see the word but I assume that's what you're saying. If you think that way, just watch her music videos. I think what pulls in a lot of her fans is how intoxicating the mixture of conservative femininity is when mixed with raunchy lyrics. I find the combination to be really hot. If you've ever watched that "Elders react to Lana Del Rey" you'll notice how a lot of them were sceptical of her when they saw lines like "my p*ssy tastes like Pepsi Cola" written, but when they actually heard it in song with her voice and retro production, they were all: "it all makes sense now" and they appreciated it more. I feel a big connection to Lana as far as this idea goes. I prefer adopting classy sensuality in my outfits and don't let it all hang out but, depending on the company I'm in, I'll happily swear like a sailor and talk explicitly about all manner of things. Outfit of a debutante, mouth of a hooker (but saying it in a classy voice). Just as much as I aim to be a lady in public and a wh*re in the bedroom. It subverts the stereotype that a classy looking woman has to act in accordance to how she dresses in every situation. We can be classy, trashy or both at the same time. Women are much more complex than we're given credit for.

And yeah, you don't need to feel weird as a straight guy for liking her work. I don't judge people on that. Lana's music's so amazing that I'd be surprised if it didn't appeal to many different demographics. I guess it's easy when hanging around GGD to assume that the majority of fans of female artists are gay. If you actually experience the fans in real life, you might be surprised. I was saying recently that out of the 4 times I've seen Gaga, most of the audience are women. It's always seemed odd to me that a woman who sings songs for women is assumed to be an artist for the gays. It's like, no, logically speaking, her #1 demographic would be women.

4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, if it's not enough to keep you hooked, then just don't go, simple as that. With the censored bit, are you saying "p*rn"? Because I don't know what you're implying there as I can't see the word but I assume that's what you're saying. If you think that way, just watch her music videos. I think what pulls in a lot of her fans is how intoxicating the mixture of conservative femininity is when mixed with raunchy lyrics. I find the combination to be really hot. If you've ever watched that "Elders react to Lana Del Rey" you'll notice how a lot of them were sceptical of her when they saw lines like "my p*ssy tastes like Pepsi Cola" written, but when they actually heard it in song with her voice and retro production, they were all: "it all makes sense now" and they appreciated it more. I feel a big connection to Lana as far as this idea goes. I prefer adopting classy sensuality in my outfits and don't let it all hang out but, depending on the company I'm in, I'll happily swear like a sailor and talk explicitly about all manner of things. Outfit of a debutante, mouth of a hooker (but saying it in a classy voice). Just as much as I aim to be a lady in public and a wh*re in the bedroom. It subverts the stereotype that a classy looking woman has to act in accordance to how she dresses in every situation. We can be classy, trashy or both at the same time. Women are much more complex than we're given credit for.

the word was fff but what are you talking about lol everything you said there is the reason I am in love with her so despite my previous comments in this thread I will go see her again and gladly finish the ****.

Archived