💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

John Wayne hated by critics

n0ne

Featured Posts

I was bored and decided to Wikipedia Joanne songs. I got to John Wayne and was shook to see it was panned by critics.

One critic gave it a 4 out of 10 and called it "a song that has a lot of energy but can’t find a memorable melody to save its life"

Some others called it "silly" and "overstuffed"

Another critic even said it was among the worst songs she ever released.

And there are many other negative reviews. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_(song)#Critical_reception

I do think John Wayne is a little overrated by little monsters, but it's still a great song.

Most if not all Gaga fan favorites have been praised or mostly positively received by critics; so why do y'all think John Wayne didn't click with them?

8mykgdu.gif?w=630

In depth responses appreciated :lolly: 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Wayne's production is really clever but the songwriting is lazy. It's a song shorter than 3 min with doot deet doot thingy as lyrics :toofunny:

ryanripley

that "exposes how uncomfortable Gaga feels in her new persona".

what?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

gagagoogoose

Critics,

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, bogdanghe said:

the chorus is the most disgusting chorus

"dat - doo - deet - doe
dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe" 
is here to stay.

Stay (insert your member title) :bon: 

bloody g

Critics have not been kind to Gaga in her whole lifetime (except a couple events like Oscars, SupeeBowl, etc)

Every time she does a move the media is waiting to bash her, it seemed trendy before, but the GP doesn't care and loves her now.

John Wayne is a good song, and Joanne is a good album. We don't need critics to tell us anything.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Drin Lon

Cause it's not that great....

Still a bop tho and the video is great, but...

A-Yo & DiC > John Wayne

Fiona Apple

Its obviously not a really good song.Especially the chorus is a 0 in terms of songwriting

2 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Critics have not been kind to Gaga in her whole lifetime (except a couple events like Oscars, SupeeBowl, etc)

Every time she does a move the media is waiting to bash her, it seemed trendy before, but the GP doesn't care and loves her now.

John Wayne is a good song, and Joanne is a good album. We don't need critics to tell us anything.

53 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Most if not all Gaga fan favorites have been praised or mostly positively received by critics

I feel like that's a cop out answer and doesn't really address what I'm asking.

Critics didn't pan Joanne as an album. They panned John Wayne. They praised or positively received most of the other songs on the album.

Gaga is a mixed bag with critics; I wouldn't say they bash her more than they praise her. More often than not she's complimented just as much as she's criticized.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

PanPikus

At first I didn't like it. But then I got used to it. For sure not my favourite from Joanne. But it's an OK track.
Admin really doesn't like it :tony:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

Benji

It's a bop but nothing out of the ordinary. Giving it an average rating is perfectly acceptable in my eyes even though I do really enjoy the song.

Archived