Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga on Twitter #HowWeDoBetter

lego

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Because first and foremost, they, the black people on Twitter, are not supporting her on this. :smh:

Which is common. Sadly. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GhettoFabulous

Awww she’s genuinely interested and actually trying :diane:. Wooo I’m proud to say i STAN A WOKE LEGEND(one that was woke while others were asleep wiggT! :diane:) I love the effort she’s putting in and her interest to learn I really appreciate it :diane:

SlayGagaloo
Just now, alejandro24 said:

Inb4 this is all a set up to launch angel down as the third single :selena:

that's something Bayonsa would do :bon:

Over.

Whispering
2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

The tweet she retweeted makes a very good point which I personally struggle with. The other day I was getting a haircut. So I was talking with this young hairdresser and I was telling her that an empty store around the corner will finally be used again. She just replied with: "that's great, but it's probably gonna be rented by foreigners anyway."

It's situations like these that I really dunno how to deal with. I always ignore them and just change the subject. Do you guys confront people about this? I find this so hard and scary, but it feels really wrong to just ignore it.

I've run into this situation many times. People would say something about someone "looking gay" or "being gay" in the past. (this has diminished over the years) Now, I get "is that a he or a she". Also, in the south, you can always hear certain racial comments on "that's how they are" or "those parts of town". 

I think people just expect you to go along with their racist/homophobic/xenophobic comments or to allow them to say it. I always say something nice about the person they are referring to or something to let them know I'm not with them in their bigotry. I think it's the least I can do. 

freebit

I think some will be annoyed by this because of the whole "it's not on us to educate you guys" type of argument - which is understandable. I think Gaga just believes in the whole idea of if everyone came together and understood each other, we'd be more enlightened, which is also understandable, but I don't know if it's feasible 

Whispering
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Because first and foremost, they, the black people on Twitter, are not supporting her on this. :smh:

So what? It's about more than that! The world does not revolve around a the vocal angry extreme. We have people carrying torches in the streets! Nothing is wrong with being disturbed about that and wanting to help/speak out against it! 

SlayGagaloo

family? friends? cousins? :awkney:

anyway, does these people know that she's Italian?! :flop:

Over.

Magneto
7 minutes ago, Whispering said:

I've run into this situation many times. People would say something about someone "looking gay" or "being gay" in the past. (this has diminished over the years) Now, I get "is that a he or a she". Also, in the south, you can always hear certain racial comments on "that's how they are" or "those parts of town". 

I think people just expect you to go along with their racist/homophobic/xenophobic comments or to allow them to say it. I always say something nice about the person they are referring to or something to let them know I'm not with them in their bigotry. I think it's the least I can do. 

Well, that's the hard thing for me. While these comments are still racist/homophobic/etc, they're a bit more subtle than calling someone a fag or the n-word. That's why I'm afraid to sort 'over react' in their eyes. Your solution sounds like a really subtle, but effective one. I will try that next time!

Free my mind

Gagaloo911
34 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

:smh:

33 minutes ago, AKB48 said:

nnnnnnn......

I just won't say anything this time 

but this is me watching her latest messy tweets

R6ceObk.gif

How is this messy or cringey? It's much better than some of her previous tweets on this topic and being interested in starting a discussion that can bring people together is not a bad thing. 

At least she's trying and trying to get these conversations going. What the hell are yall doing to try and make the world a better place? Not ****. 

17 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

family? friends? cousins? :awkney:

anyway, does these people know that she's Italian?! :flop:

She's still white tho (?) I don't understand this american concept that only nordic people are white. I'm latin and I'm white. My father is Portuguese and my great grandfather on my mother's side is Italian.

ryanripley
34 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She has to slow down, this is becoming too much. Sorry.

you would have hated the BTW era then

R6ceObk.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
6 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

How is this messy or cringey? It's much better than some of her previous tweets on this topic and being interested in starting a discussion that can bring people together is not a bad thing. 

At least she's trying and trying to get these conversations going. What the hell are yall doing to try and make the world a better place? Not ****. 

i cant at these people acting like politcalga is a new thing

R6ceObk.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived