Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Why Is Charli XCX Flopping So Hard?

courtneylove

Featured Posts

courtneylove

Been noticing for a hot minute now my girl has been flopping. I know she's big in UK, but I feel like she should at least be charting here in the states? Sucker was pop gold and her sound still works in my opinion with her recent singles like 'Boys' and 'After the Afterparty'. She still seems to remain relevant, especially with the video for 'Boys', which includes many famous male celebrities. So it's just a tad frustrating to see her release a new single and then be forgotten just a few short days later. Maybe she is putting a few feelers out there to see how people respond to a certain sound? I have no idea. Even if she had to do a little collab similar to 'Fancy' (literally the most played song on the radio circa Summer 2014), I still think it would help her out tremendously, even if she was just to feature on it. But that's none of my business. :awkney:

kvnrp

Only because shes popular with the Gays doesn't mean the GP likes her :shrug:

Even though Boom Clap was a hit with the GP.

iAdrian97

I think she doesn’t have anything to make her stick out. I don’t wanna sound mean but as an artist she’s kinda basic. I do love her Vroom Vroom EP.  but haven’t heard her other material 

CautiousLurker

A number of reasons... For one, she's not pursuing the spotlight very hard - from what I've gathered, she's more interested in focusing on song-writing atm... Her recent work is less mainstream, it doesn't really fit with the general pop music formula... Besides, she was never BIG big in the first place, so...

By no means do I think she's flopping btw - she has a stable career doing (hopefully) what she likes - that's pretty good... However, amassing a number of hits doesn't automatically solidify you as a star - image, media, public appearances and so forth - there are a lot of things at play, other than music... 

Stephen

I don't care about flopping or not but I'm mad she's been watering herself down... She's not even a co-writer on boys. Most of her mixtape was lame. If her stupid label would just let her release what she wanted... :giveup:

i see her hanging out with cupcake and Halsey and I literally fear she's only going further down hill :( 

I loved the Vroom Vroom EP and After the After Party. 3am was the best song from the mixtape. And the Mura Masa collab was nice. I want her to be her, not what her label wants her to be. Artists need creative freedoms goddamnit 

Bad image/branding, annoying label who won't let her release anything, tired cool girl aesthetics. She's respected in the industry but not as much by the public. Her talking about her love of champagne in literally every interview came off as super corny/transparent imo :toofunny: still love her messy a** though :wub:

lordmaler

She has no her own sound or image to stick out. She is constantly jumping from trend to trend and she's always late to the party. 

Also if she would draw a heart next to her eye, she would look like Marina.

RAMROD

Her music is never something that going to be really really big.

She have got exposure and that's good enough to keep her career going tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I'm most shook at boys not goes viral and having more views. The video is short and full of pretty popular and mostly hot male celebs.

Plus the song itself is good

tenor.gif

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Archived