Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
society

American gets beaten up for doing Nazi salute in Germany

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech

"An American tourist in Germany was beaten up by a passer-by after he began giving the Nazi salute outside a cafe in Dresden, police said Sunday.

The incident occurred about 8:15 a.m. Saturday as the man left a cafe called Europe in the Neustadt district of Dresden, police said in a statement. The district is known to be a liberal part of the town and a popular meeting spot for students.

The tourist was identified only as a 41-year-old American man who was “severely drunk,” according to police. He suffered minor injuries, while the stranger who assailed him fled the scene, police said.

Police said the U.S. national is under investigation for violating German laws prohibiting Nazi symbols and that they are still seeking the passer-by for causing personal injury, according to the Associated Press.

The Nazi salute — the right arm straight and angled slightly up, palm down — was used as a greeting and a way of expressing devotion to Adolf Hitler under the Third Reich. Germany outlawed the salute after World War II, along with Holocaust denial and other symbols and signals associated with the Nazis. A conviction can carry a prison sentence of up to three years, although courts often impose fines instead."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/08/13/an-american-tourist-gave-the-nazi-salute-in-germany-so-a-stranger-beat-him-up-police-say/?utm_term=.04c7253c1d61

• Like 1

joannester   Paws Up 898
joannester

Both are idiots

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch

Rush   Paws Up 1,474
Rush
Just now, joannester said:

Both are idiots

Don't equate a nazi with a person that got (rightfully) pissed for what the nazi was doing. 

• Like 38
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

Decodekid   Paws Up 18,223
Decodekid

i mean its all about kindness, but i ain't complaining tbh, very disrespectful, disgusting

Im Harol don't tell anyone

ryanripley   Paws Up 38,711
ryanripley

my fav: spread kindness!! violence does NOTHING!!!

my morals:

156.gif

• Like 14
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

gagagoogoose   Paws Up 29,775
gagagoogoose

USA (fought against Nazi Germany in WW2)

-Neo-nazis are on the rise and becoming more bold by the day

-No laws prohibiting the use of Nazi symbols

Germany (former Nazi Germany)

-Has laws prohibiting Nazi symbols

USA,

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • LMAO 3

ZacharyMark   Paws Up 6,559
ZacharyMark

What's sad is that the nazis, like the ones in Virginia, will eventually use this as a reason for protesting. They're like the Westboro Baptist Church. They want to get attacked and heckled by counter protesters so that they can get their victim card. Republicans are shook.

• Like 2

Ziggy   Paws Up 2,101
Ziggy

But why? Like, more than anything else, what kind of stupidity to think that there would be no reaction to this and to assume your rights are protected and enshrined in a foreign country. Unlike America, Germans aren't as lenient with Nazi things lol

joannester   Paws Up 898
joannester
10 minutes ago, Rush said:

Don't equate a nazi with a person that got (rightfully) pissed for what the nazi was doing. 

I never said it's the same level of stupidity  but that was extra even tho what he did was so disrespectful

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch

Decodekid   Paws Up 18,223
Decodekid

I'm disgusted if 2018 becomes the year in which those white supremacists become Nazis

why the **** are we going backwards  

• Like 1
Im Harol don't tell anyone

Dominic Marc   Paws Up 7,864
Dominic Marc

Drunk and stupid. Hope the guy who attacked him gets caught and punished. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it