• Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

perfect illusion

and

million  reasons

the single choices were the most powerful tracks on the album :madge:

Dominic

Just another way to prove I love and it's hard today, I'll lay back in my chair and find a way.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

A-Yo and Million Reasons.

A-Yo always makes me dance and feel pumped.

Million Reasons always makes me want to find a highway and run for the hills.

Gagaloo911

Angel Down and Million Reasons, in that order. They are both such heart-wrenching and emotional records.

Reality

There are a lot of powerful songs on Joanne.

Some of them that come to mind are:

Million Reasons - I think that this song sort of has a duality. On one end, it could definitely be about a relationship, and with the way she wrote it, it seems like it is (...to cut through his worn out leather), but the way I interpret it is that she's giving up, she's losing hope and there are a million reasons for her to walk away and just be done with what's she's going through, but she just needs one good reason to stay (whether that be her family, friends, her fans, or God).

Angel Down - The song is especially relevant in today's society. The blatant hate, discrimination, and racism is something that unfortunately still permeates the United States, all the way to our President, and that's beyond sad. It's a song where she cries for help, asking "Where are our leaders?" in the midst of all this chaos and hatred.

Joanne - The title track of the album is definitely a song that hits with Gaga and her family personally, but everyone has their own "Joanne". We've all lost someone who was special to us and heartbreaking and powerful lyrics like "Heaven's not ready for you," make the song that much more meaningful and deep. It's about coping and experiencing pain of losing someone, and that's powerful for anyone. 

Grigio Girls - Even though this song is powerful on its own, I feel like the meaning and significance of the song has escalated 1000x since Sonja's passing. Sonja was such an amazing friend to Gaga, and that shows. The lyrics are extremely personally and largely deal with stuff her and her friends do (i.e. "Dye Ashley's hair red"). Unlike other songs that have more general lyrics that can be applied to different situations, these lyrics and this song is extremely important and particular towards Sonja and Gaga's close group of friends.

Come to Mama - I was debating about whether or not to include this one because to me, it doesn't feel like a powerful song. And I know a song doesn't need to be a ballad or something for it to be powerful, but I feel like a ballad does it justice (yes, I know she performs it on the piano at the JWT, but still). The message itself is very powerful and it, like "Angel Down" are extremely relevant songs in today's time. We need to learn to be more compassionate, loving, accepting, and we need to unity against hatred and evil. 

🃏🖤👹

GagaUnderYou

Angel Down & Million Reasons. Come to Mama has a great message as well. Just Another Day is super uplifting as well for me. 

SHOOKGA
On 8/13/2017 at 8:32 AM, sipthistea said:

Take My Hand...

Stay Joanne...

Heaven's not...

Ready For You 

That must have hit hard when Joe heard the song for the first time 

Actually theres a video of gaga debuting Joannr infront of papa jow,  he cried his arse off

Not very born this way of you 😫

ENVYotb73

Wow, multiple tracks touch me in equally powerful yet unique fashion. I was blown away how powerful the Cure, Joanne, Million Reasons, and Diamond Heart all were live. Each one brought me to tears at some point.

(I know your thinking 'Diamond Heart' made you cry? and yes it did. Im a trip like that sometimes!):huh:

• Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived