life

Gaga Tweets About Charlottesville And Drags Trump

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

She's getting dragged for wanting peace 💀 I knew Americans weren't the smartest but y'all really take everything to new heights.

Anyways hopefully they buy ARTPOP on iTunes since they're never gonna stop their 1-Up complex in life. Sad.

1ooo d0veZ
19 minutes ago, gagzus said:

She's getting dragged for wanting peace 💀 I knew Americans weren't the smartest but y'all really take everything to new heights.

Anyways hopefully they buy ARTPOP on iTunes since they're never gonna stop their 1-Up complex in life. Sad.

No , she is getting dragged for tweeting "#ThisisnotUS" when in fact this is exactly what the US is.This is everything that this country was built on....we're talking hundreds of years here. 

There is massive outrage & outcry because now it is YOU guys on the receiving end.You'd think after what happened with Justin Timberlake in 2015 , she'd check herself before tweeting something that could be viewed as ill-informed and problematic because as a white celebrity she will get checked on it by Black Twitter... regardless of the purest intention,unfortunately. 

It was not wise to use that hastag. She didn't think or use good judgement . Period . 

No, I won't elaborate. I just told you.

S0436

She is from Italian immigrants and not from a lily white confederation background actually. 

gagarox

Should have just condemned the incident and moved on.. i worry for her safety more and more with this climate in america and her overall message... 

S0436

You will find by the end of the day many many major stars will be dragging Trump on social media, it's not like it is only Gaga.  Please.  

bitchimtrying
2 hours ago, yes said:

I love her and I'll f*** with her till the end, but she really needs to think of other ways to speak out against white supremacists. I don't care about other artists, I care about my fave, and I don't want her getting dragged. 20 year old Lorde is out here admitting to her privilege and apologizing for the white people hurting us.

I'm sorry, Gaga. I love you, but I'm not gonna #BeKind to a nazi, that's not an option for me.

I couldn't help but think about the Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial when I saw her tweets. 

NO. 

What Lorde has done is make it about her and her apology for her white privilege. 

What Lady Gaga has done is promote peace and kindness. 

Gaga never once said be kind to Nazi's, not once, you are all spinning her words. What she is saying is while you protest, remember that in the face of adversity you will be given two options: Kindness or Violence. Are you going to stoop to their level or are you going to show that you are above them. THAT is what Gaga is saying.

And seriously, you're going to compare her to that Kendall Jenner Pepsi Ad? She wasn't telling people that this can all be solved by holding hands and singing. She was telling people that everyone needs to come together whether you are black, white, gay, straight, etc and diminish walls so that was can stand strong in the face of this adversary and blatent show of racism. 

15jocart
16 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

What Lorde has done is make it about her and her apology for her white privilege. 

....Lorde's tweets were the perfect example of allyship and understanding of the issues at hand. Gaga's weren't. Gaga had good intentions, but to act like her tweets were anything but naive is just wrong.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

S0436
2 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

....Lorde's tweets were the perfect example of allyship and understanding of the issues at hand. Gaga's weren't. Gaga had good intentions, but to act like her tweets were anything but naive is just wrong.

So you are saying Gaga's tweets weren't about allyship?!  What were they saying, to be divided and fight each other?! 

Why should anyone apologize for what race or social standing they are?  It's about the response that really matters.

15jocart
Just now, S0436 said:

So you are saying Gaga's tweets weren't about allyship?!  What were they saying, to be divided and fight each other?! 

They were not. They were very "kumbaya, let's hope we can fix this problem by being nice." That's cute, but it's not going to fix the problem at hand, which is systemic racism and the threat of ACTUAL NAZIS. What is going to solve it is action. Whether that's keeping white friends/family members in line with racist comments, making sure Nazis are not able to spread their hateful speech, or defending POC and marginalized groups.....not "#bekind" "#thisisnotus." Because it IS us, and we need to change that.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

30 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

They were not. They were very "kumbaya, let's hope we can fix this problem by being nice." That's cute, but it's not going to fix the problem at hand, which is systemic racism and the threat of ACTUAL NAZIS. What is going to solve it is action. Whether that's keeping white friends/family members in line with racist comments, making sure Nazis are not able to spread their hateful speech, or defending POC and marginalized groups.....not "#bekind" "#thisisnotus." Because it IS us, and we need to change that.

I agree. I'm hoping she can see that, though, as she has very good intention.

If it's about unity, then it must be unity against this nationalistic movement. I believe in love and peace, but it is a necessity to acknowledge that these people are dangerous and do not want that.

She will learn, I hope.

3 points in and ready for more

AddMeOnMYSPACE

wait what did Gaga mean when she tweeted "#ThisisnotUS"?

Cause she's getting dragged for it, which is kind of unnecessary. Unless I'm not getting the picture:duck:. 

Archived