Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Tweets About Charlottesville And Drags Trump

Coop

Featured Posts

Whispering
2 hours ago, 15jocart said:

If you are all about the "kumbayah" stance be my guest but don't get in the way of people willing to put in actual work to help fight these people.

It takes it all, in different ways, in different settings and at different times. You deciding that help and change can only come in one way does no good. In fact, it works against change and progress. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not asher613
3 hours ago, 15jocart said:

Gaga's intentions are great. I have no doubt her heart aches for the world and she wants everyone to come together in peace. However, by saying "be kind" instead of "take action against literal Nazis," she's not really taking a stand in the matter. Of course everyone wants kindness. That's not the issue at hand.

ok, but for those of us without pitchforks and a death wish, it IS the issue at hand. don't let this situation, country, world, devolve into chaos and hatred. 

Yeah, except Obama is not part of a demographic that has historically been able to NOT take action against such injustices. Gaga is. Plus Obama didn't put out a Twitter poll asking if kindness is better than violence, which honestly is ridiculous in this situation, whether it came from Gaga or the Pope.

this makes no sense. according to you, since she's not ethnically connected to persecution (not true, incidentally, read some history. catholics, italians specifically have been victims of bigotry for centuries in this country), she is somehow in the wrong for speaking her mind in the same way a black person?

If you are all about the "kumbayah" stance be my guest but don't get in the way of people willing to put in actual work to help fight these people.

for all these radical action jacksons what is it, exactly, that you are all proposing?  I haven't heard a single thing about what action should be taken.  And then, tell me what she should have to do with it.  

Can you bring examples of any celebrities who are calling for the type of response she should automatically be held to endorsing? She is sharing what she knows- being a kind person can neutralize and even dispel hate. It is grand but it is not naive. It is a bigger picture focus, at a time of crisis, but one that we should all know is correct. It's something to live by all the time. and if youve followed her over the years, you'd know, it's something she always preaches, and always lives by. 

so maybe:

tumblr_ou2g12hJXt1sn5rk8o1_500.gif

freebit

Her point was fine, albeit expressed in a unsophisticated way. She didn't major in political science, and she's not of the type that seems completely caught up on internet trends in the social justice era, thus she's not expressing herself in a way that people want to hear. This is likely the reason why she was quiet for a while. Chaos met with chaos is hell on earth. Advocating peace is nothing new, so I think people dragging her are just as tone deaf as they're claiming she is. 

She expressed he sentiment at tonight's show very intelligently and eloquently. I am proud of her.

3 points in and ready for more

President Trump

Calling someone a racist is one of the worst labels you can give someone, and yet the left has no problem just immediately slamming that label onto anyone they want to. This character argument simply attempts to remove credibility and force the discussion to end. It's pathetic. The right discusses policies, and the left says "they want to put y'all back in chains" (Joe Biden). It is absolutely absurd, and is why one side typically discusses abstract concepts with no merit (the left), and the right discusses specific policies, but the left incites more violence because they argue about character. If you ask any member of the left about what they're doing and what exactly they're protesting against (The Women's March, Attacks on "Free Speech" on  College Campuses), they don't actually know why they're protesting.

Ma ma pa pa pa

Archived