💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Tweets About Charlottesville And Drags Trump

Coop

Featured Posts

bumblebee
22 minutes ago, Burger said:

Like- I get where she's coming from and I understand that kindness and being the bigger person is an easy and lazy narrative but y'all need to wake tf up. I can #BeKind all day long but Jimbob and his cousins still think I'm a ni**er and that I deserve to die. And if Jimbob is a congressman and his cousins are all part of the police force, what does that say for people that look like me? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

maybe that is why the USA have lawyers and independent courts that can rule out in your favour if you ever get abused by Jimbob congressmen/congresswomen or police force. There are even funded charities which can provide you a lawyer if you don't have one. 

What a lot of people don't understand is that it doesn't take a white supremacist riding a car into a protest crowd to stir violence and death. He could have taken his kitchen knife, he could have gone to some Sunday church with strong following by the black community and he could have simply stabbed a couple of people there to death. 

There is no guaranteed protection against violence in this world. Anybody, including you and me, could take our kitchen knives into the place where we do shopping and cut some throats, and I'm not even talking about people having something more serious than kitchen knives, like guns. And nobody will be there to stop this act because the police and the security can't cover all the territory even within one area. 

So it is unltimately about breeding the ethical system of values that promotes acceptance and love, on the one hand, and about inforcing all the laws against the hate crimes, on the other hand. We may say that congressmen/congresswomen and the police force are heavily corrupted, but to say that lawyers and courts are heavily corrupted when in fact we have just seen a federal judge put a ban on the Presidential Order is a reach. 

I think people misinterpret Gaga's message, because it is clear that she was asking those white nationalists to be kind and she was trying to remind them that their behaviour is not America.   

Also, I've seen a lot of people dragging the fears of Nazi in the USA into the debates. Everybody with the Nazi paranoia concerning the US should take a seat. Yes, Hitler got to power because his party managed to receive a lot of votes and he was sort of popular, like Trump. OK. But he stayed in power because he fu**ing banned all the parties except for his own from taking part in the elections, and because he  took the power to issue laws away from the Parliament. So if you seriously believe that Trump is going to ban the Democratic Party and to ban the Congress from passing laws, then :selena:  He has some of his executive orders banned by the Federal Court and the Congress took his power of lifting Russian sanctions away from him, so Nazi paranoia is a reach. I'm talking about Nazi paranoia on a large political scale. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kimblue

Poor Gags, she might be a little naive, but doesn't deserve to be dragged as much as she is. Liberals are eating their own.

can we change the title in the news story to read "white supremacist" not "white nationalist"..... vibes

DeleteMyAccount
10 hours ago, Whispering said:

What does Lorde understand? She doesn't even live in the US. She didn't grow up here, go to school here, etc. She didn't hear the stories from friends and family for years.

She is apologizing for being a white person, that's all. That has nothing to do with the long and complicated struggle and history in the US, especially in the South. WTH does Lorde know about that? 

The fact that she's willing to stand with the counter protesters says enough. 

DeleteMyAccount
2 hours ago, Nymphia said:

I know she has the best intentions, but god is she naive. Her wording is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way unfortunately. But bless her nonetheless for speaking up about this issue :wub: I know her heart is always in the right place.

What else is she suppose to say as a white person?........

At least she's saying something and making her voice heard. Most artists wouldn't dare risk their careers over these issues, but here she is. Do you want her to solve world peace or something? The expectations of this woman are already so ****ing high. 

DeleteMyAccount
55 minutes ago, Burger said:

Like- I get where she's coming from and I understand that kindness and being the bigger person is an easy and lazy narrative but y'all need to wake tf up. I can #BeKind all day long but Jimbob and his cousins still think I'm a ni**er and that I deserve to die. And if Jimbob is a congressman and his cousins are all part of the police force, what does that say for people that look like me? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

giphy.gif

Most people here would be dragging her if she didn't say anything at all. At least she said something. As a white person, sure she could've went further, but it's better than white OR even PoC people not doing anything. And I've seen many people on my social media from all walks of life not mentioning what happened at all. So if her voice completely irrelevant in that case if it doesn't suit a certain agenda?

We all want the KKK, nazis, etc to leave... but I don't think Gaga is going to be the one that's going to make that happen. 

7 hours ago, BadMonster said:

you, and many others, clearly didn't get the point... it's not naive, poc are becoming a huge part of the problem, always playing the victim, even against their allies... they are becoming too absolute, otherwise they wouldn't try to find fault in everything and drag allies supporting them... Using #ThisIsNotUS she wanted to distinguish the people who are poc-allies from the ones who aren't... of course there's a history in the US, slavery was ages ago, there's still retarded people who are racist... we've been knew... they won't disappear overnight... you can't blame all white people for whatever happened, most white people aren't racist nowadays, you can't hold a grudge against me for something people did generations ago, if you do you're part of the problem... it's like you don't want to get over it... There's black and arabic people discriminating me cuz I'm gay, let me blame all black and arabic people, even the ones who stick up for me :blink: Also, remember it were white people who abolished slavery, it's not the standard anymore that white people don't like poc (I'm not saying they are fully equal when it comes to job opportunities/wages/etc, still a lot of work to be done), it's just that every instance sparks a huge reaction (and it should, just a different one).

We should work together, and if you know someone's an ally or trying to be, talk to them, don't drag them... ask them questions if their point didn't come across that well so they can clarify. TALK

The fact you're using this incident as a lowkey way to rant about POC is very telling, your tone and overall message is insulting and you should really check yourself.  So because it was white people who abolished slavery all of the sudden issues weren't that big? and start kissing ass?. All it takes is 5 minutes of google and some research and it will tell you how despite slavery being abolished many things were done to keep people back and the same people who had their livelihood and homes taken from them were still called lazy. 

I get exactly what she's saying and I don't fault her for this, how about you take a breather and actually read what I said before coming at me with your complex. This is not the first time I've seen you use this type of language either so talking about coming together from you is comedic. 

My point is that all minority groups that includes gays and gays of color and cis straight women and ethnic groups should take a stand. 

27 minutes ago, Minish said:

The fact you're using this incident as a lowkey way to rant about POC is very telling, your tone and overall message is insulting and you should really check yourself.  So because it was white people who abolished slavery all of the sudden issues weren't that big? and start kissing ass?. All it takes is 5 minutes of google and some research and it will tell you how despite slavery being abolished many things were done to keep people back and the same people who had their livelihood and homes taken from them were still called lazy. 

I get exactly what she's saying and I don't fault her for this, how about you take a breather and actually read what I said before coming at me with your complex. This is not the first time I've seen you use this type of language either so talking about coming together from you is comedic. 

My point is that all minority groups that includes gays and gays of color and cis straight women and ethnic groups should take a stand. 

It's not a rant against poc, it's a rant against people who start screaming like you do... there's plenty of those among women and gays for their movements.... come up with a constructive way to deal with issues and know how to pick your fights... it's insulting to you, you choose to interpret it like that, it's not meant like that... same as people choosing to be insulted by Gaga's tweets... people want the same thing, they have different ideas about how to get there... 

Nowhere did I imply the problems aren't or weren't big, you're making that up... they are big, hence why we've been dealing with this **** for hundreds of years :rip: I'm pointing out there's progress, but it's not going fast or well enough, I agree. The situation is even becoming more dire... Same goes for homophobia, gender inequality, and what have you...

You're interpreting way too much, as do a lot of people :nails: I've always treated everyone the same, no matter religion/colour/gender/whatever, but there's rotten apples among all... We differ on how we think we should deal with this problem... Yes, all minority groups should take a stand... you're gonna think this is insensitive, but I'm gay and I don't see poc or muslims rallying for discrimination against gay people... we are fighting our own fight... issues that personally affect you are always more important to you... the only way to solve this is if all those groups would stand together and someone's gonna lead the movement, but even if they get a seat at the table, they'd take care of their own issues first... which is exactly what happens in politics

Edit: laws should be tougher and people should sue in every case of discrimination, regardless on what grounds, but that would only work if there'd be severe punishments if one was convicted

SEANGT

y'all on this website will find a way to be racist on any thread swear to god. Glad people are being called out in here. Anyway slay Gaga. This is a sad & terrifying week for America. Don't accept white supremacy. 

Whispering
3 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

The fact that she's willing to stand with the counter protesters says enough. 

Just like Gaga. I agree. They both can be commended for doing so. 

Dominic

Just saw the backlash. I think it's a little bit much but tbh I have always hated the whole hashtag trend whenever something happens. Like it's a hashtag on Twitter, it changes nothing and its so empty. Whenever some tragedy happens everyone rushes to Twitter with the #PrayFor... hashtag and it's so hollow and fake. Like a standard generic comment. Even worse most aren't even religious.

#BeKind is nice yeah but again it's a bit silly? Life doesn't work this way and cannot be solved by generic phrases :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Dayman

Gaga should release Come To Mama as a charity single and donate all the proceeds to those affected by violence and racism during this whole situation. Fight violence with love.

sweetasmay
20 hours ago, yes said:

This bitch is so ****ing dumb. She's really out here posting these dumb ass polls on twitter thinking she's gonna fix the world's problems. 

Listen to me, Stefani (Joanne, Gaga, whatever the **** your name is), if white supremacists/nazis are attacking us/being violent towards us WHY THE F SHOULD WE JUST STAND THERE AND LET IT HAPPEN? Of course you wouldn't know about this because you are a PRIVILEGED WHITE WOMAN.

Like, I know her intentions are good, but she can do better. 

I love ha but ^^^^

Archived