Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did MT flop?

TSUNAMI

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, JDi said:

Gaga was so famous in 2009 that people weren't consciously making the connection between the girl everyone was talking about and the songs that every radio station was playing. her name felt like an intermission. it was the closest the public ever was to experiencing an encounter of the third kind lol that's where all the alien jokes and the hermaphrodite rumor came from. everyone felt it. you couldn't put your finger on what makes her otherwise obvious shtick work so you had to think of her as more than an entertainer/provocateur. even if you were annoyed and saw her as gimmicky you were still hooked on her presence. that's the word! Trainor wasn't present enough, that's why she didn't stay for longer. sounds about right.

Really good substantial reply. Thank you for opening my eyes in a non shady way. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just another gay
7 hours ago, Doot said:

It's always annoyed me that her biggest song (and debut) was trying to empower full bodied people, while putting down thinner people. 

She is no better than the reverse. 

Exactly. and some people still thinks that song is about anti body shaming. LMAO 

55 minutes ago, come to papa said:

Exactly. and some people still thinks that song is about anti body shaming. LMAO 

Exactly. She's shaming thinner people while praising heavier people. A positive message would be praising all body types. 

NIghtmareElm

Better career start than Gaga?

Her other singles just weren't as cool and catchy like All About That Bass.   Kind of became a one hit wonder.  Sure her other singles may have charted in the top 15 but she dropped off hard.  People stopped caring quickly.  AATB is not iconic like Just Dance already is.

Guest bostonGUY

I don't know why you're all saying AATB shames skinny people. It may seem like that but literally

"I'm bringing booty back
Go ahead and tell them skinny bitches Hey
No, I'm just playing I know you think you're fat,
But I'm here to tell you that,
Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top
"

Like she literally says in the song she's kidding. It's a rather bad attempt at humor but she isn't shaming them

As for the OP, I felt she got rather boring after Lips Are Moving or whatever it was called

LateToCult

If I may chime in, Megan Trainor had nothing going for her other than the her fuller figure. In essence, she was just another girl with a dream. She let the name of her song overshadow her own name.

4 hours ago, Doot said:

Exactly. She's shaming thinner people while praising heavier people. A positive message would be praising all body types. 

how? what? what?

TimisaMonster

It mostly came down to the music...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

59 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

how? what? what?

Yeah, my momma she told me don't worry about your size
She says, boys they like a little more booty to hold at night
You know I won't be no stick-figure, silicone Barbie doll,
So, if that's what's you're into
Then go ahead and move along

I'm bringing booty back
Go ahead and tell them skinny bitches Hey
No, I'm just playing I know you think you're fat,
But I'm here to tell you that,
Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

I mean, this was widely discussed in multiple media outlets how the general public was latching on to it as if it was some self empowerment song, but how she's still technically shaming another group of people based on their body. 

I'm sorry, but that's not body positivity. You are not beautiful because you are heavy or curvy. You are not beautiful because you are thin. You are beautiful because you are beautiful. It has nothing to do with body. 

This song is bullshit. 

Ken Zahn

Because she's all about that bass but not all about releasing any(more) good music 

:trollga:

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

Magneto

For me it was because of some career strategies she used. I like her songs and persona, but the photoshopped waste scandal, her fall at Jimmy Fallon and her kiss with Charlie made her seem very manufactured and desperate.

Free my mind

MonSwiftAnton

I just think that she makes to many songs that are throwbacks. The first era she did the 50-60's.

For this album she's doing late 90's/early 00's which is too early. 

The music isn't there and the gp maybe want something more current from her. That's it. 

Archived