Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

White Supremacists rally in Virginia

Featured Posts

gag   Paws Up 9,110
gag
19 minutes ago, Creativek said:

Replace 'white' in any of those memes with 'muslim' and see the reactions you'd get.

Wow, it's almost as if when you change words and replace them with other words the meaning changes depending on context and the subject matter. :ohno:

• Like 5
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
headspin, happiness, Ḑ̸̖͕̱͔͚͙͇̝̆̉̃̅̽͂͐̑̌̈͂͜͝͠Ě̶̛̛̼̠̤͇̮̬̘̱͈̼̩̯̤̾̊̂̓͂̈́̑̋ͅA̶̮͒͗͊͋̾̈́̽̈́̐͜͝͝ͅT̷̢̛͙̖̳͇̖̲̮͖̘̗̹̔̓́͒̈̏̈́̊̑͋͜Ȟ̴̡̼̮̟̣̤̞̲̄͋̈́̀̊̚

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn
1 minute ago, gag said:

Wow, it's almost as if when you change words and replace them with other words the meaning changes depending on context and the subject matter. :ohno:

Exactly, the context, implications, and motivations are completely different. 

• Like 1

lego   Paws Up 37,460
lego
Just now, PartySick said:

So why wouldn't you say "white supremacy nonsense"? Or "racist nonsense"? "Nazi nonsense"? :sweat:

I agree that it's not really a conversation that needs to be had in this thread but @Creativek has a point imo. You're all very intelligent and socially aware so the fact that you'd generalize white people due to a march of nazis and racists despite the fact that you know generalizations and racism is wrong, is...well, disappointing. Two wrongs don't make a right :shrug:

But

we are told not to call them nazis "listen to their side", we can't offend white racists, we can't offend Trump, white person who doesn't feel least amount of sympathy towards these racists won't usually get offended by a meme imo. 

And Luiz was obviously joking. 

• Like 3
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

Cuchulainn   Paws Up 2,620
Cuchulainn
Just now, lego said:

But

we are told not to call them nazis "listen to their side", we can't offend white racists, we can't offend Trump, white person who doesn't feel least amount of sympathy towards these racists won't usually get offended by a meme imo. 

I have absolutely no sympathy towards racists, sis.

I mentioned this in my very first post.

Whispering   Paws Up 14,731
Whispering
1 hour ago, Buddy said:

The nazi party are different. I'm not saying white supremacist klan members are any better or trying to justify anyone's actions. The term is just being thrown around to the point it's starting to lose its meaning

There are different definitions of the word Nazi. Other people in this thread have provided the receipts. Do some research. I'm not going to waste my time. 

• Like 4

PartySick   Paws Up 34,768
PartySick
2 minutes ago, lego said:

But

Aren't some of them literally doing nazi salutes and wearing swastika pins? They're nazis :sweat:

And it's not about feeling sympathy for the racists, it's simply about not thinking generalizing others (in this case, white people) is a good counter to generalization and hate :hmm:

• Like 3
💙I know where I'm going💙

Whispering
28 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Imagine seeing a story of torch wielding nazis descending on college campuses and your first instinct is to #NotAllWhites it

Exactly! Also, look at the pattern. Who is justifying behavior by deflecting blame,  changing the subject, complaining about the "names" that these people are being called...and who is doing it repeatedly, week after week...every time a story comes up. 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 41,831
Morphine Prince
27 minutes ago, Creativek said:

He's mentioned numerous times about being of hispanic descent. 

I've seen people here numerous times be told that you can't comment on how other races perceive things. If something is offensive to someone who is caucasian, how can someone who is hispanic know what it feels like to a white person to see hateful comments or memes?

Just because some white people liked his comment, doesn't mean that it's not offensive to other white people?

I wasn't gonna comment on this part of your post because I didn't want to start anything but.... you do know Hispanics can be white, correct? 

• Like 2
It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

lego   Paws Up 37,460
lego
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Aren't some of them literally doing nazi salutes and wearing swastika pins? They're nazis :sweat:

And it's not about feeling sympathy for the racists, it's simply about not thinking generalizing others (in this case, white people) is a good counter to generalization and hate :hmm:

Some here in this thread said not to call them nazis or neonazis. 

Those memes were harmless, saying this as a white person growing up in predominantly white Christian Europe.

It was not a "white hate".

Btw bringing up another member's ethnicity as counter argument in a thread about people hating everyone non-white is pretty tasteless too, I have to say. 

• Like 4
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

shmal96   Paws Up 2,788
shmal96

Personally I don't think saying 'white people' is generalizing all white people (and I'm white). It's known that white privilege exists, there is no systematic discrimination of whites, whites are not unfairly target by law enforcement or forced to meet extra standards to be equal to their peers. The term 'white' just isn't equivalent to the generalizations when people say things about black people, Muslims, Hispanics, etc, it's apples to oranges. Those groups face rampant discrimination, and majority of the time when the generalizations against black people all being 'thugs' or Muslims being 'terrorists', it's coming from a place of racism and hatred. Many times when people are saying 'white people' this or that, it's usually other white people saying it because they acknowledge white privilege is a thing and they aren't going to be butt-hurt because they KNOW that they are not being referred to in a negative light (just like when people say 'men are trash', chances are if you take offence to that, you actually are trash because men who are actually respectful and act how a person SHOULD act know that they are not being referred to with that) 

So saying 'white people are crazy' isn't saying that ALL white people are crazy, it's saying that racist Neo-Nazis representing A white supremacist agenda and not understanding white privilege ARE crazy.  

Edit: Yes, there are people who think 'All White People' are racist and have these feelings, and yes those people ARE wrong. Those people are just as bad as the ultra-left feminists who abandon equality and favor men-hating. Most people are smart enough to understand the differences between a normal feminist and a man-hating feminist, just like most people are able to distinguish in context when someone says 'white people' is actually saying it in a matter that is acceptable or not.

Edited by shmal96
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Whispering
11 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Well, yes, but some people get reeally upset about being called names. We don't want to hurt the poor racist bigot xenophobes fee fees. They have to have protection! 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3

Cuchulainn   Paws Up 2,620
Cuchulainn
6 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Exactly! Also, look at the pattern. Who is justifying behavior by deflecting blame,  changing the subject, complaining about the "names" that these people are being called...and who is doing it repeatedly, week after week...every time a story comes up. 

If behavior doesn't change, why shouldn't it be brought up time and time again? How is commenting on the fact that generalizing white people is bad deflecting blame? 

Here I'll say it clearly - The racists marching in this white supremacist rally are bad!  

Satisfied? 

Chic   Paws Up 11,267
Chic

As much as I'm not a fan of generalization memes against any race or culture, this isn't the issue at hand. This white supremacy group is disgusting and I can guarantee you they all voted for the same person, and it's not the corrupt e-mail queen of NYC

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

PartySick   Paws Up 34,768
PartySick
Just now, lego said:

Some here in this thread said not to call them nazis or neonazis. 

Those memes were harmless, saying this as a white person growing up in predominantly white Christian Europe.

It was not a "white hate".

Btw bringing up another member's ethnicity as counter argument in a thread about people hating everyone non-white is pretty tasteless too, I have to say. 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck :rip:

Meh, I've shared my opinion on this whole situation numerous times throughout the years. I don't agree with generalization and never will regardless of who the target is :laughga: If I misinterpreted anyone's intentions then I apologize. That's all I can say :shrug:

I don't have a comment on that one as I don't want to make anything personal with anyone :sweat:

Just now, Whispering said:

Well, yes, but some people get reeally upset about being called names. We don't want to hurt the poor racist bigot xenophobes fee fees. They have to have protection! 

Well "nazi" isn't really an insult, it's just a thing that some people are. It's a bad thing to be but...yeah :laughga:

💙I know where I'm going💙

Dominic Marc   Paws Up 7,862
Dominic Marc

Oh wow. This is pretty shocking but part of me also doesn't want to feed it the attention it craves as well. The entire rally is a little embarassing. We as a human race are too advanced to be doing this s***. I would say it was fuelled by Trump but these kind of people have been around for a lot longer. The hatred is found in all race and cultures sadly. 

As for the memes and jabs at white people in this thread, well they are just throwaway comments, don't add to any discussion and don't bring much to the table other than pointless sweeping statements. Bring an intelligent conversation to the table, not a meme :shrug:

• Like 2
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it