Lady Gaga - The Fame
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

White Supremacists rally in Virginia

Featured Posts

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 4,143
Alexander Levi
1 minute ago, Creativek said:

Okay good to know. In your book, it's okay to generalize white people and say things like "I hate white people" because SOME white people are hateful. I won't stoop to that level in any scenario, but nice talking to you. 

But you do understand white privilege, yes? So is that not a thing because not EVERY white person has privilege?

• Like 6

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn

Okay good to know. In your book, it's okay to generalize white people and say things like "I hate white people" because SOME white people are hateful. I won't stoop to that level in any scenario, but nice talking to you. 

"I hate white people" might not be the best way to talk about what's going on, but stop for a second and ask you what led that person to say that.

• Like 2

Cuchulainn   Paws Up 2,569
Cuchulainn
Just now, stvn said:

"I hate white people" might not be the best way to talk about what's going on, but stop for a second and ask you what led that person to say that.

And would you take the time to stop and think why a racist would say "I hate muslims" seriously. You're advocating hate.

lego   Paws Up 37,241
lego
1 hour ago, Creativek said:

You've said yourself you are hispanic, right? Do you have the right to tell a white person what is offensive to them? 

Was this really necessary?

White members are liking his posts, what does that tell you? 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn

Also, generalizations are sometimes helpful. As long as they are factual, they help us understand the world from a sociological point of view. No one is saying judge an individual white person on what another white person did, but we are saying that white people as a societal force often have a negative impact.

• Like 2

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 4,143
Alexander Levi

Replace 'white' in any of those memes with 'muslim' and see the reactions you'd get.

Do you understand the history between a privileged group of people in the US vs underprivileged people in our society?

• Like 11

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn
Just now, Creativek said:

And would you take the time to stop and think why a racist would say "I hate muslims" seriously. You're advocating hate.

I would stop and think about it, and the context would be absolutely different. Context matters + not all situations are equal, buddy.

• Like 3

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn

The motivations behind "I hate Muslims" and "I hate white people" are usually very different. So that matters.

• Like 4

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn

I never advocated for someone saying "I hate white people." All I said was try to think about what led them to feel that way, and think critically. And have some empathy. 

• Like 5

Cuchulainn   Paws Up 2,569
Cuchulainn
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Do you understand the history between a privileged group of people in the US vs underprivileged people in our society?

Mhmm. But I will never think it's okay to generalize people of any race. I'm sorry. It's not cool and this is getting way off topic now. I've said my peace.

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

That person seems to think context doesn't matter, when it's key.

Redstreak   Paws Up 6,340
Redstreak
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

I see 2 posts here that could be seen as offensive. And they aren't actually "white hate" 

What's convenient is that certain people like to call criticims of racist trash "white hate" which actually moves the agenda of  these racists forward. 

Imagine seeing a story of torch wielding nazis descending on college campuses and your first instinct is to #NotAllWhites it

• Like 9
  • LMAO 3
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn
Just now, Creativek said:

Mhmm. But I will never think it's okay to generalize people of any race. I'm sorry. It's not cool and this is getting way off topic now. I've said my peace.

As I already said, generalizations oftentimes are helpful in understanding what factors are at play in society. And as I also said, I never advocated for judging an individual based on the group, but that is not what we're doing here.

stvn   Paws Up 354
stvn
Just now, Redstreak said:

Imagine seeing a story of torch wielding nazis descending on college campuses and your first instinct is to #NotAllWhites it

Exactly. It's disgusting and it shows where their loyalties really lie.

• Like 2

HolyFool   Paws Up 495
HolyFool
10 hours ago, Alolan Raichu said:

I really hope at some point in time they suffer like I don't care if they have cancer or some other tragic inflication, I hope they don't receive support and constantly tormented by pain and suffering I hope they all die a painful death :interestinga: :interestinga: :interestinga:

It's one thing to disagree with a group of people and to think they are stupid (which these people clearly are) but I think it's kind of stooping to their level when you wish death upon them...we should be spreading love instead of wishing they die painful deaths.

• Like 2