đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Did Kesha surprise you?

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga

She surprised me. Rainbow is so much more that what i was expecting, and the GP seems to be lowkey here for it.

The album is, honestly, really good. She managed to create a cohesive pop album that includes signature sounds from her biggest influences (Iggy Pop, T. Rex, Dolly Parton, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys), mixed with a great variety of genres (pure pop, folk, funk, country, psychedelic), and somehow, it works. I'm so proud of her, and i can say this is by far her best album to date, and my favorite.

I thought Kesha's third album would be something i'd never hear, back in 2015/6 when the situation was really complicated. But i'm glad she released it, because is excellent. What do you think?

Kesha_-_Rainbow_(Official_Album_Cover).p

I'm also starting to notice some sort of trend since Joanne and Million Reason's success; given that both Miley and Kesha came back with sounds that seem to be very organic and true to themselves; and which are not straightforward pop. They reflect maturity and big change in what a popstar's music shound sound like. They disregarded their signature sounds and production (i mean, they took big risks, and they all pay off). I think this is where Katy's Witness failed. She chose to mantain her signature sounds/visuals, while changing her lyrics and opinions. Appreciating the final product, katy's change doesn't seem to be complete/genuine, because it still lacks something. She tried to change her style, but playing safe. And that's not how it's done. Gaga understood that since day one, and Kesha got it too; successfully.

ryanripley

tbh no :crossed: i was hoping for some more deep songs like Praying so we can get an insight into her struggles but the first half of the album is the love yourself anthem repeated again and again

but the second half has BOPS

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Dominic

Uh not really. Her previous albums had similar sounds. Past Lives, Last Goodbye, Animal etc. 

She just dropped a lot of the electronic and opted for live instruments. I do like it although I prefer her previous albums. Warrior was perfect...unpopular opinion I know :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

loathereality

I pre-ordered it after praying, directly on its  first day

Later when I hearned LTLG and Hymn I was underwhelmed very much.

I was note expecting this.

SO, surprised :)

• Admin changed the title to Did Kesha surprise you?
Neight Shayde

Kind of.

Best track for me was GODZILLA. showcased her ability to do subversive psychedelic pop, which was i assumed because of the visuals we got (album cover, and a few videos).

followed by Bastards, and then Praying.

The rest were just okay. wish we got more songs like godzilla. damn good song.

Enigma

I don't know anything about Kesha and I listened only to Praying (which I love), Woman, Learn to Let Go and Rainbow.

From what I read and heard, I think people are more praising her for the Dr Luke thing more than anything, including her actual music.

Learn to Let Go is cringy af. The ''love yourself'' gig has been seen so, so, so many times. It's not original anymore unless there is a twist to it. And don't start me about the Blingee.com effects used in the MV... :emma:

Woman is awfully cringy too. This is a pure tryhard attempt at making a feminist anthemn. This could have been the **** in 2009, but we've seen so much of these already.

My concerns are that her lyrics are cringy to say the least & that her themes are repetitive and cliché (seriously, she has a song called ''Learn to Let Go'' but the whole album is about the Dr Luke thing from what I've heard).

I don't know what she was doing during this hiatus between her last album and this one, but she certainly didn't follow the trends, because if she did she would have knew that cheesy empowerement songs were a thing a decade ago :giggle:

Slayer

Songs like Praying, Rainbow and Spaceship really surprised me. I knew she was capable of greatness, but she really took it to the next level with some of the songs on the album. It is such a feelgood empowerment album and it has that extra emotional weight because we all know what she's been through. 

There are a couple of duds on Rainbow, but overall it's an extremely strong album and a triumphant comeback.  

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Slayer
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I don't know anything about Kesha and I listened only to Praying (which I love), Woman, Learn to Let Go and Rainbow.

From what I read and heard, I think people are more praising her for the Dr Luke thing more than anything, including her actual music.

Learn to Let Go is cringy af. The ''love yourself'' gig has been seen so, so, so many times. It's not original anymore unless there is a twist to it. And don't start me about the Blingee.com effects used in the MV... :emma:

Woman is awfully cringy too. This is a pure tryhard attempt at making a feminist anthemn. This could have been the **** in 2009, but we've seen so much of these already.

My concerns are that her lyrics are cringy to say the least & that her themes are repetitive and cliché (seriously, she has a song called ''Learn to Let Go'' but the whole album is about the Dr Luke thing from what I've heard).

I don't know what she was doing during this hiatus between her last album and this one, but she certainly didn't follow the trends, because if she did she would have knew that cheesy empowerement songs were a thing a decade ago :giggle:

If you think Kesha's lyrics are cringy, may I direct you to:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Witness-Katy-Perry/dp/B072LWN1MM

But seriously, the empowerment/feminist thing might have been beaten to death, but considering everything she has been going through, it comes across to me as genuine, heartfelt and really meaningful. She isn't doing it as a way to gain fans because everybody likes a feelgood empowerment anthem. She's doing it because it's obviously what she needs to say after five years of hell. If she hadn't been through hell, then I agree that the songs wouldn't have the same emotional weight and would be pretty cheesy. But understanding the context around this album is important to how you experience it IMO.

sipthistea

I did like Praying very much. Woman, Learn To Let Go and Hymn are pretty basic tbh. 

I'm gonna listen to the whole thing :music:

imwoahvicky

Kesha has been doing this type of music since her collab with the flaming lips tho? 

âšś Roll Deep âšś

Enigma
14 minutes ago, Slayer said:

If you think Kesha's lyrics are cringy, may I direct you to:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Witness-Katy-Perry/dp/B072LWN1MM

But seriously, the empowerment/feminist thing might have been beaten to death, but considering everything she has been going through, it comes across to me as genuine, heartfelt and really meaningful. She isn't doing it as a way to gain fans because everybody likes a feelgood empowerment anthem. She's doing it because it's obviously what she needs to say after five years of hell. If she hadn't been through hell, then I agree that the songs wouldn't have the same emotional weight and would be pretty cheesy. But understanding the context around this album is important to how you experience it IMO.

I think the goal of music is to transmit emotions, and she obviously tried to send us the ones she has about this story... yet, in my case, it failed (excepted for Praying, again). I don't think you can blame the listener for not getting the music, since it's the artist's job to make it in a way that people will feel it (unless the listener is dumb or doesn't know anything about the story, but in my case, I do know about the Dr Luke case).

Slayer
Just now, Enigma said:

I think the goal of music is to transmit emotions, and she obviously tried to send us the ones she has about this story... yet, in my case, it failed (excepted for Praying, again). I don't think you can blame the listener for not getting the music, since it's the artist's job to make it in a way that people will feel it (unless the listener is dumb or doesn't know anything about the story, but in my case, I do know about the Dr Luke case).

Yeah, that's fair enough. :) 

SiliconeMonster

I don't know this woman at all, but I am SO proud of her for making such a strong comeback. She's proving herself both as a positive influence and a talented artist in the industry. When she started, her music was aimed at party jams and teenagers. Now she's proven she's so much more than that and I'm SO here for it. Rainbow is everything I could've wanted and more. :tony:

Find your freedom in the music

Archived