Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disappointed In Gaga

Gaga Monster

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, lodylody said:

Public transportation isn't the same across the globe, honey. Stop believing your personal experiences apply to the billions of people on this planet. A return bus journey to my nearest town is £8, but by petrol it only costs around £3.

Do you have a source for that? Cause all I have found out is the opposite.

https://www.thoughtco.com/public-transit-or-drive-cost-2798677

https://muv.com.my/2017/05/public-transportation-vs-private-transportation/

I wouldn't insult people if I didn't have the facts to back my statement up, honey :)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
36 minutes ago, River said:

But you're missing the point.

It's not about what has been advertised, it's the past experience and the present one when meeting her..

maybe it's not M&G, maybe it's just a tour, but those fans are standing next to her in the same room, breathing the same air she's breathing at the same moment but they have 30 seconds and then bye bye. and they are told not to touch her! something that it's against Gaga, gaga is all about touching and loving..

She could do a group picture, fine and also she could stand there for 5 minutes with the group of 6, let each of them speak and say something, quick hugs and that's it.. the experience ended.

Before it was a very close experience with her and now it's quick and cold, like scanning a product and going home..

No, I'm not missing the point. 

It's not a meet and greet. Five x Five is twenty five. Twenty five minutes ends up being a Meet and Greet like last time. Twenty five minutes of standing on her feet, while fans cry, hug and slobber all over and tell her their depressing stories before she goes on stage. Maybe all those stories are not the best to put Gaga in a good mental place for her to be able to put on a show for those fifteen thousand people who couldn't pay 1500 for a backstage tour. That person sitting on the back row is just as important as the person that paid 1500. 

Maybe it's better that people leave letters for her to read after the show, or the next day. Gaga did just lose a best friend to cancer and she has recurring depression. Gaga could be doing what she needs to do to keep herself strong for all her fans, including those in the upper sections and those at later dates. 

elijahfan

Well... first of, I think it's absolutely amazing that she still does meet & greets this time around, given the current social and political climate.

Secondly... nobody's forcing anyone. I personally wouldn't put $1500 in a concert ticket, I think it's too expensive for what we're actually getting, and I believe there are other better - and free - ways of having an interaction with her. But I could put this amount in other things like plane tickets, a computer, clothes or tattoos... The worth of something varies greatly from one person to another.

I'm not judging the ones who are spending salaries in VIP tickets, it's made available to them so it's their right and it's their choice. And I respect Gaga for still making this opportunity available to fans.

wishwelldreamer

Why is the Manchester Attack all anybody can say? Like Christina Grimmie was not murdered after her show during a fan signing/engagement involving her and her fans. I  personally still don't agree that fear of "terror attacks" is behind this sudden change at all. 

4 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

No you just sound extremely arrogant. You might have worked hard.....but that doesn't mean I haven't?

Depends, do you have a high paying job because you worked hard to attain a good career?

You see, I don't want to sound rude, but some people are totally slackers during high school/college and never manage to get a good job afterwards because they don't have a good degree or just aren't qualified enough. Working hard to be a computer programmer is on a whole another level compared to working hard for a sociology degree. I'm not even talking about life choices here, because there are a ton of degrees you can get into STEM domains that pay a lot, but too few people do it because it's too hard, aka you need to work hard to get a degree. Do you think I absolutely love to code? It's not what I have dreamed of, but it pays very well, honey :)

SISTERV
3 minutes ago, Zilla said:

Okay this thread isn't about how much money you have. It's about the meet and greet itself, please stop the off topic bickering 

I kind of find that insulting for alot of poorer people considering to them it probably is about how much money they have whether they can pay $1500 or not to see her.

To some...it might see feasible....to others....you might unintentionally be making them feel left out and hurt, or even not good enough because they feel like they could ever afford this. Remember....there are still young kids on here who live in crappy situations.

Not everyone was 16-20 during the BTW era and grown up. There are new fans. And I hope passive comments like this don't trigger kids that come from lower income families to feel negative in any way about themselves.

I've been there. You aren't alone.

And to the guy who said "you should work hard": I'm not even tagging you anymore because I have utter disgust with your arrogance and ignorance: alot of us HAVE worked hard but unfortunately we live in a society where it is hard to get ahead because our parents were ****, the Baby Boomers think we're all lazy millenials and won't invest in the future, and while you got your entire FIRST degree paid for and ARE CALLING ME LAZY....I was working two jobs and going to school full time at 18 without the help of my parents.

Know how I got to those two jobs? A car?

That I paid for.

And no....I never got to go the Born This Way Ball.....at all.....because I couldn't even afford the ticket. Let alone a $1500 ticket to get a selfie with a pop star. 

Yet somehow I"M the CRAZY ONE? :saladga:

GypsyBabe

It's a business. Packages like these go to putting on a great show and keeping ticket prices down. 

Everyone is getting exactly what was described in the package.

I understand that people are disappointed and feel that she is distancing herself and ripping off her fans, but putting on a show costs money. Record labels don't pay for tours, and to be frank, the financial state of the music industry is tragic. If people want cheap tickets and backstage packages then they should start buying music again. 

Another hard dose of reality is that Gaga is not overly intoxicated like previous tours. She suffers from PTSD from being sexually assaulted, which she has clearly stated in interviews is triggered by being touched and grabbed at. She is sober, and is probably experiencing heightened anxiety because of it. Leave the poor woman alone. 

⚯͛

I wouldn't even bother to buy a ticket for that snooze fest; out of sync choreography and mediocre vocals, let alone a 'VIP' ticket. The good sis need a nice long break from the industry. It's not like anybody would notice her absence, including her fans. 

Whispering
7 hours ago, SISTERV said:

You aren't getting the irony that Gaga has always made herself as ACCESSIBLE as possible even in HER PEAK and it is ironic that in the era she wants to be the most relatable, she is being the most distant from those very "disenfranchised" groups she claims to want to reach. 

I mean.....this is Lady Gaga we're talking about. She has literally built her career trying to touch base with the underdog.....never been passive about it. 

Can you please stop with the bolding? I get what you are saying, it just doesn't make any sense. You aren't paying attention. Reread the comment. The disenfranchised groups have availablity to a better show due to those who are paying higher prices. That's the way it's always been. Gaga is not going to change that unless she does small bar shows and does GA for everyone. Live Nation, and any other concert sponser, is going to set up a tour where those that can pay for more do so...so that those that can't at least get a great show. 

ARTBOP

You know I sometimes get worried when I read stuff like that, but then I remember how she always stops the car, even after a show, just to talk to fans. You can't really get mad at her.

SISTERV
2 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

It's a business. Packages like these go to putting on a great show and keeping ticket prices down. 

Everyone is getting exactly what was described in the package.

I understand that people are disappointed and feel that she is distancing herself and ripping off her fans, but putting on a show costs money. Record labels don't pay for tours, and to be frank, the financial state of the music industry is tragic. If people want cheap tickets and backstage packages then they should start buying music again. 

Another hard dose of reality is that Gaga is not overly intoxicated like previous tours. She suffers from PTSD from being sexually assaulted, which she has clearly stated in interviews is triggered by being touched and grabbed at. She is sober, and is probably experiencing heightened anxiety because of it. Leave the poor woman alone. 

The only reasonable response tbh. Still a bit iffy considering her sexual abuse happened over a decade ago and she certainly wasn't that intoxicated constantly at her previous tours (drinking happened, but it was for show. You can't be annebriated constantly and tour around the world five times). You end up dying quickly and constantly cancelling dates. 

And considering we've seen when Gaga is truly intoxicated (Andy Cohen WWHL), I don't think she was that intoxicated at most of her shows. You just would never stay in shape like that. 

I do think there is a possibility the BTWBall ended related to some addiction problems.....but that was mostly resolved during the ARTPOP era.

WhU are u all talking about Manchester,? She was always safe, you can't bring anything with u.. so she can at least give autograph or individual photo.. she is now so commercial 

Born To Slay
28 minutes ago, lodylody said:

If you hadn't noticed, there are a lot of poor people in the world, Born To Be Ignorant :emma: 

Of course there are but the persons statement that you don't have to be rich to afford 1500$ remains correct. As I said poor people won't be able to do it. I did the math tho and if you save 15$ a week for 100 weeks, you could save up enough to get a meet and greet. While there people who can't afford that, you don't need to be rich to afford it either. 

So take ur basic shade and shove it up your ass

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

The only reasonable response tbh. Still a bit iffy considering her sexual abuse happened over a decade ago and she certainly wasn't that intoxicated constantly at her previous tours (drinking happened, but it was for show. You can't be annebriated constantly and tour around the world five times). You end up dying quickly and constantly cancelling dates. 

And considering we've seen when Gaga is truly intoxicated (Andy Cohen WWHL), I don't think she was that intoxicated at most of her shows. You just would never stay in shape like that. 

I do think there is a possibility the BTWBall ended related to some addiction problems.....but that was mostly resolved during the ARTPOP era.

I mean, I think she looked pretty wasted at a lot of performances tbh, especially at The BTWB shows.

I just feel bad because she clearly suffers trauma and was self medicating for so long that she is probably really unnerved. She just seems more nervous lately. 

I think that she is being unfairly villianized. 

⚯͛

LittleMonster20

Well,I didnt buy any exclusive tickets for this tour,but I'm planning to do it on the next tour,and I hope it will be different,this would be ideal in my opinion:

First of all,do it after the show,it's so much better.There is no rush,Gaga can handle exhaustion,and it's just better.And maybe Gaga can meet the fans in bed,like at the BTWB,if she's tired.But don't ask her to sing something after the show,that should not be allowed.

Secondly,Gaga shouldn't do the meet and greet/backstage experience in your show costumes.I mean,at the ArtRave she always had fabulous outfits and wigs,and if she doesn't feel like dressing up and make-up,she can do it in her robes,like at the BTWB.

Thirdly,I think it's just better to let every fan go on a photo individual,especially the fans who are on their own,and don't know any of the other fans.And btw,taking a photo can't take that long.

Fourthly,they should let Gaga hug,talk and give autographs to her fans,who paid 1500$ to meet her.Give every fan their moment to conversate,give a hug,give Gaga something if they want etc.

And lastly,security has to check every fan before they are allowed at Gaga's location.

This would be the perfect meet and greet.

Archived