Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

Disappointed In Gaga

Featured Posts

Whispering   Paws Up 13,375
Whispering
Just now, River said:

I don't know those details about Bieber, I just know what I read here and what were the comments and it's sufficient for me to express my opinion.

So charge the people with a "Backstage Experience" price and not with a M&G price if it's not the same thing..

Because to do a tour backstage is not the main reason why the fans are buying this ticket, they just want the picture and at least 5 minutes with her, to hug her, give her a present and that's it..

And at the end.. yo meet her and you have 5 seconds to greet her - M&G.

 

 

If you don't know what was promised, then there is no way to know what was going on in those situations. 

That's what they did. It was all up front. Along with the backstage experience you get a group pic with Gaga before the show. 

No where did it say five minutes, hugs and presents. 

It's not a meet and greet. Backstage Experience with a group picture before the show. That's what people paid for and that's what they got. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slutlamp   Paws Up 2
Slutlamp

I agree. I've always seen her. I met her at the btwb, greatest day ever. 

 

Now I'm about to drop $200 on GA which is way more than I've ever paid. Joanne is my favorite album but I'm debating on going if she's just on the stage with no opener (I've always loved the openers, especially madeon and spw), does her thing, doesn't connect or talk to us, then just leave. I miss feeling like she actually cared about anything... her shows were so full of life and friendship!

 

Do you all think I should still go?

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swine   Paws Up 335
Swine

People are clearly missing the point of the thread. Nobody is questioning if the fans are getting what is advertised. Nobody is questioning if the fans bought the package knowing the differences from now and previous backstage packages. Nobody is questioning if people know that they will not talk to her for hours like it used to be, or that they will not get a photo alone with her.

What people are questioning is Gaga's opinion on this. What does Gaga think about this ridiculously overpriced package, considering everything she used to do in previous tours. People are questioning Gaga's morals and comparing them to what they used to be. People are pointing out that she is no longer the Gaga that hated the commercialism of the music industry, that bragged about being intim with the fans and having a close relationship with them. People are trying to understand who she is now, and expressing their disappointment in a civilized way. There's no need to get salty about it or go after people. It's an opinion. GagaDaily doesn't have to be a bed of roses. It's a forum, people can share views and opinions, as long as they respect each others. Chill.

  • Like 10
  • Love 3
  • excuse me no 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,023
Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Gaga Monster said:

Nope, on Ticketmaster it says only groups of 6 even if you don't know anyone, no autographs, and you only see her for 30 seconds.

Much different from the artRAVE with individual photos and an in depth conversation for the same price.

Well if Ticketmaster says it in advance then what's the problem? You're told in advance what you're buying for 1500$. 

  • Like 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProdigyARTPOP   Paws Up 415
ProdigyARTPOP

You guys act like Gaga controls ticket pricing and meet and greets, when Live Nation does that 

  • Like 1
  • excuse me no 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb   Paws Up 6,076
giskardsb
1 minute ago, Slutlamp said:

I agree. I've always seen her. I met her at the btwb, greatest day ever. 

 

Now I'm about to drop $200 on GA which is way more than I've ever paid. Joanne is my favorite album but I'm debating on going if she's just on the stage with no opener (I've always loved the openers, especially madeon and spw), does her thing, doesn't connect or talk to us, then just leave. I miss feeling like she actually cared about anything... her shows were so full of life and friendship!

 

Do you all think I should still go?

of course.  Don't let a bunch of negative nancy's viewing tour videos keep you from seeing and experiencing the actual thing.

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whispering   Paws Up 13,375
Whispering
3 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

Okay then....but Gaga can't sit on ****ing Ryan Seacrest saying this "her most authentic and analog era" and that she wants to relate to "single women in the midwest who never felt like they could relate to me" and then charge what most of those lower-middle class women pay for three months of bills to take a selfie (that she has repeatedly said is shallow in the past) and stand (hopefully) a few feet from her. :saladga:

 

Why would these random GP women want to pay for a backstage tour? Most people in that category are going with a group of friends and sitting in the cheap seats. They are getting a great show and a fun night out because the upper class paid for the more expensive packages and seats. 

When you go to a sporting event, you get the nice arena and all the food vendors because of all those people in the box seats. You pay a tenth of what they pay to watch a game. That's how it works. Same with big tours and concerts. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gypsy Life   Paws Up 37,361
Gypsy Life

M&G tickets are a waste of money anyway. 

Stalk her out of her hotel. Chances are you're almost guaranteed a picture and it's for free. 

  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,023
Born To Slay
20 minutes ago, lodylody said:

bullshit

She tours every few years, if you started saving for M&G when Artrave ended, unless ur dirt poor, you could save up 1500$. I wouldn't spend it on this meet and greet but you could do it.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SISTERV   Paws Up 3,886
SISTERV
5 minutes ago, Swine said:

People are clearly missing the point of the thread. Nobody is questioning if the fans are getting what is advertised. Nobody is questioning if the fans bought the package knowing the differences from now and previous backstage packages. Nobody is questioning if people know that they will not talk to her for hours like it used to be, or that they will not get a photo alone with her.

What people are questioning is Gaga's opinion on this. What does Gaga think about this ridiculously overpriced package, considering everything she used to do in previous tours. People are questioning Gaga's morals and comparing them to what they used to be. People are pointing out that she is no longer the Gaga that hated the commercialism of the music industry, that bragged about being intim with the fans and having a close relationship with them. People are trying to understand who she is now, and expressing their disappointment in a civilized way. There's no need to get salty about it or go after people. It's an opinion. GagaDaily doesn't have to be a bed of roses. It's a forum, people can share views and opinions, as long as they respect each others. Chill.

THIS

The whole reasons people are even on this site or still come here is because they liked certain things more about Gaga that other pop stars didn't do...like stand against commercialized bullshit or treating the underdog with fairness.

If Gaga literally isn't representing these things any longer, people that were loyal to her since friggin 2009 should definitely get a say and have the right to question her.

The fans didn't give Gaga a career to blindly follow a pop star. :saladga:

They followed Gaga because they thought she represented something different!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • excuse me no 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River   Paws Up 8,398
River
4 minutes ago, Whispering said:

If you don't know what was promised, then there is no way to know what was going on in those situations. 

That's what they did. It was all up front. Along with the backstage experience you get a group pic with Gaga before the show. 

No where did it say five minutes, hugs and presents. 

It's not a meet and greet. Backstage Experience with a group picture before the show. That's what people paid for and that's what they got. 

But you're missing the point.

It's not about what has been advertised, it's the past experience and the present one when meeting her..

maybe it's not M&G, maybe it's just a tour, but those fans are standing next to her in the same room, breathing the same air she's breathing at the same moment but they have 30 seconds and then bye bye. and they are told not to touch her! something that it's against Gaga, gaga is all about touching and loving..

She could do a group picture, fine and also she could stand there for 5 minutes with the group of 6, let each of them speak and say something, quick hugs and that's it.. the experience ended.

Before it was a very close experience with her and now it's quick and cold, like scanning a product and going home..

 

  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SISTERV   Paws Up 3,886
SISTERV
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Why would these random GP women want to pay for a backstage tour? Most people in that category are going with a group of friends and sitting in the cheap seats. They are getting a great show and a fun night out because the upper class paid for the more expensive packages and seats. 

When you go to a sporting event, you get the nice arena and all the food vendors because of all those people in the box seats. You pay a tenth of what they pay to watch a game. That's how it works. Same with big tours and concerts. 

You aren't getting the irony that Gaga has always made herself as ACCESSIBLE as possible even in HER PEAK and it is ironic that in the era she wants to be the most relatable, she is being the most distant from those very "disenfranchised" groups she claims to want to reach. 

I mean.....this is Lady Gaga we're talking about. She has literally built her career trying to touch base with the underdog.....never been passive about it. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey Monster   Paws Up 1,222
Mikey Monster

TBH if I was gaga and saw what happened to Ariana in Manchester I would do the same thing. Something like that could easily happen at one of gagas concerts cuz she is the ultimate star and has probably the most controversial career. The fact that concerts are the new target is terrifying and I don't blame gaga at all for not getting too close to people she doesn't know. But I understand the frustration sweetie especially cuz of the price but I don't think it's personal ❤️❤️❤️:hug:

Mikey McCampbell

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
modern ecstasy   Paws Up 2,731
modern ecstasy

How could she do that to lower/middle class people? I wasn't aware she forced anyone to buy a ticket lol. :usrs:

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×