💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Disappointed In Gaga

Gaga Monster

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

MusicNotTheBling.mp3

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thatfoxyfeeling

I don't think it was Gaga's decision to do a group meet and greet, but if it was I don't blame her. I don't know why you're so pressed when you didn't even buy a M+G package, those that did knew what they were getting. If she didn't offer a M+G package you lot would be a ****ing mess asking "Why can't she do a group photo at least?" She can't win with self entitled fans. 

ryanripley

her safety > fans being able to meet her

sorry :shrug: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

aaron l
2 minutes ago, Grigio said:

Well, this is excatly what was stated in the content description of the package since the tour announcement. However, I still agree it's sad to read the stories of how Gaga has become when meeting fans. I never thought Gaga would accept this kind of fan meeting. Most of her fans are young and probably worked their ass of to afford this package, and she can't even take a few seconds to actually talk to them. And don't tell me it's because of security because that's pure bullshit.

Some people can't afford to be in her presence at all though. This isn't the last tour Gaga is going to have/opportunities to meet her, whether it's 10 seconds or not. If you don't want to pay $1500 dollars for something that you don't agree with, then don't? I don't see the use in people complaining I guess. :awkney:

We know how genuine Gaga is when people meet her in natural environments and when I met her at Dive Bar she wasn't outwardly OMG HUNNY, but she was kind and thoughtful—which is all I could have asked for. I think it's a few things but mostly:

1) These M&G's are pretty manufactured and bogus. These packages (for every artist) have always existed as a way for the label to nickel and dime the show and get every ounce of money out of the artist's name. Trust and believe a good portion if not half of the purchasers aren't stars or even Little Monsters. They have rich parents or themselves are rich and want to say they met Gaga. Edit: I thought it was really poignant how at one point (Angel Down?) Gaga really vividly called out the fans by saying "You need to realize that not everyone can afford to ever see a concert and you all have that privilege." Sure, she plays at a billionaire's wedding so it's not like she's consistent here but when she's already giving her fans this kind of show to do something extra for the "even more wealthy" fans does seem gross. 

2) We've all done this, myself 100% included, but Gaga fans are SO EMOTIONAL. They treat this girl like she's baggage claim. In front of me on Come to Mama I saw too notes rolled up that they tried to toss to Gaga about how they wanted to end their lives etc. and how Gaga saved them. Look, a lot of us have stories like that—but I think people forget how that weighs on someone. It isn't pleasant to tell someone over and over that they're the only reason you're alive. It's an inescapable amount of pressure and y'all keep doing it. How is she supposed to smile and nod quickly for an individual picture/therapy session and then jump on stage to kill a 2 hour show. She created the BTW Foundation as an outlet for this but I still can't imagine how Gaga sleeps at night with the amount of baggage this fanbase gives to her 24/7. 

3) Y'all done ****ed her in the past by asking her questions (that she was like sure I'll kiki with you and answer this) and the fanbase holds her to everything she ever said in a meet and greet and calls her a liar. So I think she wants to avoid those situations as well. 

Edit: 4) It literally said that from the beginning as everyone said, so idk why anyone would waste their money on that. 

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

aaron l
Just now, ryanripley said:

her safety > fans being able to meet her

sorry :shrug: 

Honestly, people are so close minded. :giggle:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, aaron l said:

Honestly, people are so close minded. :giggle:

i know i'd love to meet gaga myself but after all the attacks recently, i'd absolutely HATE to wake up and read a headline that a crazed fan had attacked her :ohno:

lodylody
11 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Have you seen the stage? Very expensive.

Look, nobody asked people to buy the expensive tickets, people buy them because they can afford them or are willing to work hard for them. 

There are plenty of opportunities to meet her for free and there will be many opportunities in the future to meet her for less.

In fact, I'd bet she feels more uncomfortable with the VIPs since she feels sad that the rich people get to do this and her fans aren't able to, which is why I'm sure she'll start inviting people backstage soon. But, at the end of the day, there are things to pay for when you want to put on a show as big as this.

Also, you're failing to factor in how recent terror attacks have definitely shifted the attitude of artists and venues etc. You may be the nicest most loyal fan on the planet, but she doesn't know you and is obviously a lot more cautious now than she was before.

Did you see the Born This Way Ball stage?

Moot point, moving on :rip: 

PerfectIllusion

Im glad she's doing that! I dont want some sick motherf*ckers to shoot her to death.

rodrigouuu

Everything is stated before you buy the package, So people know what they're paying for. I actually believe that as a person I wouldn't be able to meet the quantity of people singers have to "meet and greet" in a night, and many artists have said this to be stressful, and yet Gaga used to do it a very personal way in her past tours. 

And also fortunately Gaga hasn't been part of any kind of serious attack, but after the Manchester incident, and knowing that most of the shows are sold out, you can expect this to be a place for evil people to make plans about attacks. 

I wish it could be different, but even if it was Gaga's idea, I'm sure it's for good reasons cause she's nothing but amazing to her fans, and I also love that she's now able to say no for what she doesn't want to do.

drinkmytears

Just don't buy it. All of that information was presented to you before it was available for purchase.

I bought it and had a great time, and I'm really happy that she had this available for sale. 

$1,500 is a lot of money for some people...but not that much for others. It's a shame not everyone can afford it, but that's just life. Some people can't even afford a ticket in the door, let alone a meet and greet.

I would never sit in the upper level or behind the stage, that doesn't mean they shouldn't sell those tickets. You don't want to buy it? Just don't buy it. 

$1,500 times 22 is really nothing to Gaga, especially considering most of the money won't even go to her. It's probably helping keep other ticket prices affordable

lodylody

Also everyone saying that this is a security issue is ridiculous, the security measures listed in ChicaSkas' thread will protect Gaga for any length of time with fans. Group photos with 6 people and having 5 seconds time to speak to her has nothing to do with security, are you ridiculous? :sharon: 

Furthermore, fans seeing Gaga individually would be more secure as the security guards would only have to pay attention to that one fan? :rip: 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, iFameMonzter said:

since the music doesnt bring her bling anymore she needs it somehow else

:what: joanne did well, wym?

the tour sold out, wym?

Saint Laurent
5 minutes ago, lodylody said:

Did you see the Born This Way Ball stage?

Moot point, moving on :rip: 

Not nearly as expensive.

Size does not indicate price.

Archived