Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

Judas should replace Telephone, and DWUW/Sexxx Dreams should replace LoveGame 

YOU ARE THE FUTURE.

Sister

I am not here for Gaga cutting songs or even shortening songs into combined medleys, especially not this early in the game. Gaga usually starts doing this stuff near the last legs of her full tours when it's gone on forever and near it's final run. I will be disappointed if this happens at my show. I have sold my tickets in the past for this kind of stuff and will do it again. I don't want a hurried no nonsense show for the performer, I want to hear Gaga fully in all of her timely glory.

I would stop stanning if this goes on at my show.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Shaney
2 hours ago, bloodandsemen said:

I mean, if PI is hard to sing she probably shouldn't have had it in the first place... *eyeroll*

bish plz, that song has given me life for the past year. BYE.

I wouldn't care if Gaga used a lot of backing vocal for PI, I just really really really love that song and hate that it's shortened.

monster4life231

Yall need to stop complaining and just appreciate that she is touring for us all. If you don't like it oh well. Do I want the setlist, or other things to be changed? Yes. But I don't complain, it is her production, and her own choice. We should appreciate mother monster and let her do her thing. At least she tours unlike most artists today. :tongue:

spread peace - #MJInnocent

just another gay

I dont mind she doesn't "sing" PI fully I know it will worn out her vocal too much,

but I was hoping for a full version to bang my ****ing head to so I was a little disppointed

maybe backing vocal and have the back up singers to help

Whispering
3 hours ago, SUBURBIA said:

Exactly! nice to see someone that agrees and doesn't downvote my posts endlessly because of a dissenting opinon:rip:

it's one of her best songs ever, and the fact that she cant sing it without straining herself shouldn't deter her from singing it all together or cutting it short, either lower the key or dont BELT all those notes and hit those high notes and harmonize with it in a lower tone, but dont cut it short :(

I think the issue is singing this song in a two hour set, that she's doing several times a week. If she was performing just this song, or this and one other, for a couple of performances...it would be doable. Obviously, the only person that knows their voice is the person singing. As a vocalist, you HAVE to pay attention to what your voice is telling you. If you don't do this, you end up with problems...problems that could mean cancelling dates and perhaps be career ending. One song is NOT worth the risk! 

I'm going to trust Gaga to know her voice, to know its limitations and to make wise choices. It is her voice and her career, after all. 

Whispering
3 hours ago, Flawless said:

She always end up cutting songs in all of her tours. Nothing new.

And added songs along the way. 

Torsoface

Tbh she could fit Judas in the DIC segment and remove Telephone from the setlist 

Bloody Mary
Dancin' In Circles
Judas
Paparazzi

Tbh since the first show PI has been kinda messy and I was lowkey mad over it nn

The whole stage set up was "too simple" and the performance just walking around the stage... it was kinda "too empty". The intro\begin was really cool and the lights are awesome but then the whole thing was just... nothing special.

Then she cut the song in such a random way cuz she cuts one verse and then she goes down while the song keeps playing... it's awkward because she goes down where it was meant to be the last chorus and her voice just go off and random backing vocals keep playing. The extended outro then interlude was nice but it would go better if they  did a better cut on the performance

Spoiler

tbh even a loud backtrack while she sings wouldn't bother in a song like PI cuz it's hard to sing and she did it with artRAVE during GUY\Donatella. It wasn't playback tho :saladga:

CanadaGoesGaga
9 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Fans weren't.

So you're telling me in a matter of 3 shows they were able to gauge a huge fan base and get enough information to decide no one wanted those songs so they should be cut? 

As someone who was in attendance let me tell you, the response for those two songs was huge. 

I honestly think the cuts are just them tweaking and tightening the show or them saving time. 

Awrah999

Sorry, but as much as I would like to be ok with Gaga saving her voice, Perfect Illusion is her lead single for this album and one of the best songs in her discography live. This stadium tour is made for a song like Perfect Illusion and I hope she starts singing the full version again.

Yeah, I enjoy Telephone but she can cut Lovegame. She should also honestly cut Paparazzi as well. Then the next tour she can cut Telephone. 

She should not however, put Hey Girl and Sinners Prayer on the set list. Under no circumstances. 

4 hours ago, Leeo said:

Tbh since the first show PI has been kinda messy and I was lowkey mad over it nn

The whole stage set up was "too simple" and the performance just walking around the stage... it was kinda "too empty". The intro\begin was really cool and the lights are awesome but then the whole thing was just... nothing special.

Then she cut the song in such a random way cuz she cuts one verse and then she goes down while the song keeps playing... it's awkward because she goes down where it was meant to be the last chorus and her voice just go off and random backing vocals keep playing. The extended outro then interlude was nice but it would go better if they  did a better cut on the performance

Hide contents

tbh even a loud backtrack while she sings wouldn't bother in a song like PI cuz it's hard to sing and she did it with artRAVE during GUY\Donatella. It wasn't playback tho :saladga:

I too have noticed lots of just walking back and forth across the strange versus dancing. 

ChristianSaad

Doesn't this happen a lot with most of her tours. She usually starts with a huge set list, doing full versions of songs.. And then after the first couple shows some songs get shortened, then after a few weeks some songs get cut.. and new ones slowly emerge in the set list

Archived