💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Halloween Franchise | New Film Coming 2018!

Doot

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuckles
Just now, Doot said:

Which part?

Is it 1 or 2 when they are camping? It's the part when Meyers breaks through the window, I first screamed and later laughed at that part. But the scare is still there :sweat:

1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

Is it 1 or 2 when they are camping? It's the part when Meyers breaks through the window, I first screamed and later laughed at that part. But the scare is still there :sweat:

There is no camping in any of these films   are you sure you aren't thinking of Friday the 13th :oprah:

Chuckles
1 minute ago, Doot said:

There is no camping in any of these films   are you sure you aren't thinking of Friday the 13th :oprah:

Maybe not camping but there is a house in the forest near a lake? I am a mess for scary movies maybe you're right

13 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Maybe not camping but there is a house in the forest near a lake? I am a mess for scary movies maybe you're right

Definitely Friday the 13th lol

dlioncourt91

Halloween III is amazing and I don't understand the hate it gets just because Michael is not in it (though he is) It really should have ended after II and done the anthology idea Carpenter and Hill wanted. Halloween IV would have been a ghost story apparently but after the poor reception, it went back to reviving Michael and the rest is history.

Halloween IV captures the feel of the first two movies, V honestly was a mess in killing off Rachel and leaving us with the annoying Tina/the Myers house magically transforms itself into a gothic mansion and VI, the Producer's Cut definitely is the finer of the two but it still is a muddled and confusing movie.

H20 should have been the end period and though it erased 4-6, it felt like Scream most of the time and the horrible masks changing each shot. The trouble is Jamie Lee Curtis had signed on for two films and apparently knew the end of H20 would not be the final moment so when Resurrection came along she asked to be killed off immediately to not do another film or she was legally bound to have a cameo. I recall seeing her explain in a convention video of a panel she did a number of years.

The remakes were just typical Rob Zombie movies, the less said the better though his other works were better than his Halloween remakes.

2 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Halloween III is amazing and I don't understand the hate it gets just because Michael is not in it (though he is) It really should have ended after II and done the anthology idea Carpenter and Hill wanted. Halloween IV would have been a ghost story apparently but after the poor reception, it went back to reviving Michael and the rest is history.

I agree and I disagree. Halloween III is an excellent film, but it's very niche, whereas the first two were pretty straightforward. Going from a standard slasher film to one about Mutating masks, stonehenge and aliens...I can see why it was off putting for audiences. I love all the Halloween films (aside from Resurrection) so I am happy they went back to it, but yes, I can see what you are saying. To be honest, they still need to do an anthology type series centered on Halloween. Just name it something else. Like "Tales of Halloween".

2 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Halloween IV captures the feel of the first two movies, V honestly was a mess in killing off Rachel and leaving us with the annoying Tina/the Myers house magically transforms itself into a gothic mansion and VI, the Producer's Cut definitely is the finer of the two but it still is a muddled and confusing movie.

See, while I loved the feel of IV, to me it didn't match the first two. And they should never have casted George Wilbur to play Michael, he was poofy to the max. :sweat: V suffered because of a rushed script, which is very common when the previous entry is successful. There were definitely some inexcusable things, just like the miraculous change of the Myers House. Not to mention the tagline on the poster that had nothing to do with the film "Michael Lives...But this time, they're ready!". Da fuq are yall talking about? :laughga:

The Producers Cut is way more solid, except for the ending, where Loomis became Michaels caretaker. That made very little sense. I actually think its kind of cool that we have different storylines and continuities. While I will alays stand by the original as the strongest, I enjoyed the Thorn storyline (I have that tattoo :whitney:), but I also think that ignoring 4-6 for H20 was the smart way to go. The best storyline (and films) of the whole series were I, II and H20.

3 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

H20 should have been the end period and though it erased 4-6, it felt like Scream most of the time and the horrible masks changing each shot. The trouble is Jamie Lee Curtis had signed on for two films and apparently knew the end of H20 would not be the final moment so when Resurrection came along she asked to be killed off immediately to not do another film or she was legally bound to have a cameo. I recall seeing her explain in a convention video of a panel she did a number of years

It felt like Scream because it had the same writer lol. I don't think it suffered for that though. The script is extremely solid in my opinion and completed shits all over 4-6. The masks were definitely an issue, I agree. That's what you get when you film 90% of your film with one mask before realizing it looks like **** :laughga:

Yeah, I knew about the clause in her contract that there would be another film. I think she was more hard pressed to make a quality anniversary film (which they did) and hope that the next one just simply wouldn't happen. She thought Resurrection was ****, and she did NOT want to do another one, but she felt so strongly about H20 that she signed anyway.

3 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

The remakes were just typical Rob Zombie movies, the less said the better though his other works were better than his Halloween remakes.

His movies were okay. I wouldn't be mad if they were erased but I give him credit for the second half of the remake and the vast majority of the sequel to it. He definitely made it his own, but he could have made those films without it having anything to do with Halloween or Michael Myers. He should have just made his own villain instead of toughing the Halloween franchise.

I DO NOT SUPPORT A TALKING OR MASKLESS MICHAEL MYERS :grr:

Mikey Monster
22 hours ago, Doot said:

Halloween_(1978)_theatrical_poster.jpgHalloween_II_(1981)_theatrical_poster.jpgHalloween_III_Season_of_the_Witch_film_pHalloween4poster.jpgHalloween5poster.jpgHalloween6cover.JPGHalloweenH20poster.jpgHalloween_Resurrection_Theatrical_PosterHalloween2007.jpgHalloween2009.jpg

Halloween is my favorite movie ever made. Let's discuss! 

tumblr_nya633v0cX1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Halloween is a 1978 American independent slasher film directed and scored by John Carpenter, co-written with producer Debra Hill, and starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis in her film debut. The film was the first installment in what has become the Halloween franchise. In the film, on Halloween night in 1963, Michael Myers murders his sister in the fictional Midwestern town of Haddonfield, Illinois. He escapes on October 30, 1978 from Smith's Grove Sanitarium, and returns home to kill again. The next day, Halloween, Michael stalks teenager Laurie Strode. Michael's psychiatrist, Dr. Sam Loomis, knowing Michael's intentions, goes to Haddonfield to find and stop him.[5]

Halloween was produced on a budget of $300,000 and grossed $47 million at the box office in the United States,[2] $23 million internationally, for a total of $70 million worldwide,[3] equivalent to roughly $267 million as of 2016, becoming one of the most profitable independent films.[2] Many critics credit the film as the first in a long line of slasher films inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960). Halloween had many imitators and originated several clichés found in low-budget horror films of the 1980s and 1990s. Unlike many of its imitators, Halloween contains little graphic violence and gore.[6][7] It was one of the first horror films to introduce the concept of the killer dying and coming back to life again within the same film. In 2006, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

The original Halloween, released in 1978, was written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill, and directed by Carpenter. The sequels have had various writers and directors attached to them. Michael Myers is the antagonist in all of the films except Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the story of which has no direct connection to any other film in the series. Carpenter, who had a hand in writing the first sequel, has not had any direct involvement with the rest of the films. The film series is ranked fourth at the United States box office—in adjusted 2008 dollars—when compared to other American horror franchises. The first Halloween film is credited with beginning a long line of slasher films inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. The franchise began when the first novel appeared less than a year after the release of the first film, and seven sequels have since followed. In 2007, director Rob Zombie produced a remake of the 1978 film. A direct sequel to the 2007 remake was released two years later.

Love the Halloween movies!!! I use to bring the movie Halloween to my school at 4 years old the teachers had to call my parents 😂 I was Michael Meyers every Halloween growing up! ❀❀❀

Mikey McCampbell

• 1 month later...

DJyPhyoUIAAbUl8.jpg:large

She's been back in the franchise before, but Jamie Lee Curtis is looking to have one final encounter with Michael Myers, returning as Laurie Strode for the new sequel to Halloween.

Billed by Blumhouse Productions and Universal as the "final" Halloween (we'll see if that sticks), the new horror comes from director David Gordon Green, who wrote the script alongside Danny McBride. The original film's writer/director John Carpenter is aboard as executive producer and will also offer his deep knowledge of Myers and co. as a consultant.

Little else is known about what Green and McBride aim to do with the movie, though McBride has promised that it won't be a comedy horror or reboot and aims to bring the scares. Curtis' Strode will once again be facing the killer who nearly ended her life decades ago. The latest movie has a US release date set for 19 October next year, and it'll likely be out around the same time in the UK.

Sizzily

I'm a mess but I live for the remake (not as much as the original and 2, obvi). The 2nd Rob Zombie one was s**t tho:trollga: (The theme was great, however. :giveup:) 

I'm hoping the new one ignores everything after 2 from 1981. In the back of my mind, I'm definitely hoping its not really going to be the last one :giveup: 

One Banned Boi

• 2 months later...

Andi Matichak Lands the Role of Young Lead in David Gordon Green’s ‘Halloween’

matichak-halloween.jpg?w=1181

Jamie Lee Curtis is back as Laurie Strode in next year’s Halloween, which will take place after the original classic and disregard *all* of the sequels. Judy Greer has been cast to play Karen Strode, Laurie’s daughter, and we’ve got more casting news tonight.

Via Tracking Board, actress Andi Matichak (“Blue Bloods”) has landed the coveted role of the film’s young lead. “Matichak is believed to be playing Greer’s daughter and Curtis’ granddaughter, and it seems safe to assume she’ll be put in harm’s way upon crossing paths with Michael Myers,” notes the site.

In Gordon Green’s movie, being scored by John Carpenter

“Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.”

Carpenter is executive producing the new film with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield on October 19, 2018.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3473557/andi-matichak-lands-role-young-lead-david-gordon-greens-halloween/

Archived