💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Halloween Franchise | New Film Coming 2018!

Doot

Featured Posts

halloween_1978_23_copy.jpg

Halloween is an American horror franchise that consists of ten films, novels, comic books, merchandise, and a video game. The franchise predominately focuses on the fictional character of Michael Myers who was committed to a sanitarium as a child for the murder of his older sister, Judith Myers. Fifteen years later, he escapes to stalk and kill the people of Haddonfield, Illinois while being chased by his former psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis. Michael's killings occur on the holiday of Halloween, on which all of the films primarily take place.

The original Halloween, released in 1978, was written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill, and directed by Carpenter. The film is known to inspire a long line of slasher films.

Seven sequels have since followed. Michael Myers is the antagonist in all of the films except Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the story of which has no direct connection to any other film in the series. In 2007, writer-director Rob Zombie made a remake of the 1978 film. A direct sequel to the 2007 remake was released two years later. An 11th film, directed by David Gordon Green, is set to be released in October 2018.

The films collectively grossed over $366 million at the box-office worldwide. The film series is ranked fourth at the United States box office—in adjusted 2008 dollars—when compared to other American horror franchises.

THE FILMS:

Halloween_(1978)_theatrical_poster.jpgHalloween_II_(1981)_theatrical_poster.jpgHalloween_III_Season_of_the_Witch_film_pHalloween4poster.jpgHalloween5poster.jpgHalloween6cover.JPGHalloweenH20poster.jpgHalloween_Resurrection_Theatrical_PosterHalloween2007.jpgHalloween2009.jpgHalloween.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dannydevito
13 minutes ago, Doot said:

Halloween is my favorite movie ever made. Let's discuss! 

you have like 100 favorite movies :selena:

Tom Nook

I have a weird opinions on the Rob Zombie remakes :huh: I don't know to love it or hate it 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, GagaOnTop said:

Are there hunties though asking for @GypsyBabe

:ladyhaha: I don't even really know what a hunty is, so not sure why I would care. 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe

I really want to have a horror movie marathon now. 

⚯͛

10 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

you have like 100 favorite movies :selena:

Halloween is #1. But Scream and IKWYDLS are up there.

8 minutes ago, GagaOnTop said:

Are there hunties though asking for @GypsyBabe

Honestly, I dont think there are any gay characters in any of the films. But there are definitely some attractive guys in them.

8 minutes ago, Alolan Raichu said:

I have a weird opinions on the Rob Zombie remakes :huh: I don't know to love it or hate it 

I hate the remake at first. Im not a huge fan of Zombie's hillbilly white trash style that he uses in his films, so I didn;t like that he used it in this. Over time, I came to appreciate the movie, and enjoy a lot of it, but honestly, I enjoy the second half more (which ironically is the actual remake part). However, aside from some flaws, I enjoyed Halloween II (2009) much more than the previous entry. It was so far gone from what the series was, I respected it.

I love the Halloween franchise even if most of the movies are not as good as the first I still enjoy most of the sequels. The first two are obviously my favorite and I actually enjoy season of the witch. Halloween 4 is when it became like every other 80's Horror franchise Halloween 6 is easily the worst in the entire series. Halloween H20 was a surprising step up from the previous sequels and The remakes were a travesty to say the least but still better than Halloween 6. I can't wait for the new Halloween coming out next year tho hopefully it goes back to it roots and can hold up to the first 2 

5 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

I love the Halloween franchise even if most of the movies are not as good as the first I still enjoy most of the sequels. The first two are obviously my favorite and I actually enjoy season of the witch. Halloween 4 is when it became like every other 80's Horror franchise Halloween 6 is easily the worst in the entire series. Halloween H20 was a surprising step up from the previous sequels and The remakes were a travesty to say the least but still better than Halloween 6. I can't wait for the new Halloween coming out next year tho hopefully it goes back to it roots and can hold up to the first 2 

It honestly should have been Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween H20.

As much as I love the franchise, it should have ended after H20, but sadly, the studio ****ed JLC over on that one. 

DawnNutella

Ahh! :cryga:You excuse me no'd me?!  :fthis:

While we're at it, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects are 2 are my favorite scary movies ever! 

6 minutes ago, DawnNutella said:

Ahh! :cryga:You excuse me no'd me?!  :fthis:

While we're at it, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects are 2 are my favorite scary movies ever! 

:laughga: I had to! (but I respect your choices)

The Devils Rejects was actually pretty good.

37 minutes ago, Doot said:

It honestly should have been Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween H20.

As much as I love the franchise, it should have ended after H20, but sadly, the studio ****ed JLC over on that one. 

I know I couldn't stand that they killed off Laurie in resurrection, and they ended the storyline with that horrible movie 

1 minute ago, Chrastapher said:

I know I couldn't stand that they killed off Laurie in resurrection, and they ended the storyline with that horrible movie 

Resurrection is easily the worst one in the entire franchise 

Archived