Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

My review of the Joanne World Tour - Los Angeles date (spoilers)

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS.

I've only been to a few concerts in my life and I never thought a concert could sound and look that way :pray: It's everything that I have expected but more.

Last night was the best concert experience I've ever had. I went with my mother and my mother was praising the show and Gaga's professional ability left and right.

Vocals
Let's just start with the vocals. Her vocals were brilliant. When I was at other performers' shows, they used playback so I thought 'ok so this is how live shows are like. You can't really hear them because the speakers are so loud. Guess Gaga's will be the same.' but the whole show, :pray:, whether it's her uptempo tracks or acoustic songs, I can hear her voice very clearly and she executed the singing like no one could. This might sound controversial but I'm gonna say it, vocal-wise, she is better than her contemporaries and is one of the finest vocalists in the game.

Production, lighting and stage
:pray: Everything blew me away. I thought the Joanne World Tour was going to be stripped down and I've been avoiding spoilers but it was extravagant and beautiful and intricate. So when I entered the stage, I saw these two huge stuff hanging from the ceiling and I thought 'ok they're probably for the lights'

20747630_1831006970259258_1163460938_o.j

and then this happened :pray:

20727751_1831007863592502_1921796835_o.j

I never thought she would come to the other end of the stage, I mean I knew she was gonna reach for the third stage but I didn't know there was a fourth since they covered it in a canvas.

The lighting is almost as impressive as the artRAVE's. It was spectacular! The stage was so innovative and got everyone screaming. There didn't only act as bridges but also acted as screens projecting Gaga's face on them. And then John Wayne and Bad Romance had flames which shocked everyone as well, they were screaming so loud. Also if you've been wondering if the arena was fully occupied, yes it was, there were so many people and don't worry you wouldn't see a half-empty arena as you would see at some performers' shows.

20727730_1831011580258797_913219620_o.jp

Pictures don't show how glorious it was, it was more intense than this photo shows. :pray:

Acoustic songs and intimacy
The piano was beautiful af, it would light up as Gaga pressed the keys and the acoustic segment was very intimate. When I was attending a show by another popular performer, I don't wanna drop names, she only spoke like four times the whole night and she definitely didn't have as much passion and love for her fans as Gaga did. Gaga had so many things to say to us and she kept everyone screaming all the time. She talked to us about her family, the story behind Joanne, the inspiration behind the songs, thanked her fans for coming, told us how lucky we are to be able to afford to see a live show like this, and so much more. It was very intimate and you wouldn't feel like she's performing to a bunch of strangers. Her vocals got everyone applauding and screaming. The Edge of Glory, Joanne, Million Reasons sounded as brilliant as you would hear them in the videos.

20727672_1831019623591326_786724621_o.jp

The ambience, energy, her stage presence and her ability to command the arena
When I was at other performers' shows, the audience would scream at the opening and maybe when the artist does something interesting in the middle of the shows. Their album cuts usually don't excite the audience much but the audience screamed so loud to every song, whether it's a hit or cut. They screamed to Alejandro, Telephone, Just Dance, Poker Face, Perfect Illusion as soon as the synths kick in, but it's almost like Bloody Mary and ScheiBe are the bosses there. The interludes are almost as entertaining as the actual show itself btw. :pray:

She walked and danced on the stage like she conquers the world it was magnificent to witness. Gaga is no doubt one of the most professional artists out there who's determined to give her audience a spectacular show with top-notch vocals and stage presence that very rarely artists all serve in one package. She has truly defined the standards that a global pop star should reach.

If you have doubts as to whether you should buy tickets, please do. You're gonna have a blast.

20795011_1831019496924672_1526242788_o.j

20746907_1831019446924677_1183975371_o.j

Taide
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

told us how lucky we are to be able to afford to see a live show like this

My broke ass can't relate or hear this sentence ever.. :pray:

Bradley
Just now, Lyou said:

My broke ass can't relate or hear this sentence ever.. :pray:

I mean, maybe purchase upper seats? They're not that expensive. It's really worth it.

Like it's a memory you're gonna remember for the rest of your life.

Miel

Glad you really enjoyed the show- I know you've been fervently avoiding spoilers for a good week and a half now, haha.

3 points in and ready for more

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Miel said:

Glad you really enjoyed the show- I know you've been fervently avoiding spoilers for a good week and a half now, haha.

I am noticed :pray:

Btw I really hope she films the show and submits it to the Emmys like she did for The Monster Ball Tour. And I personally would consider it better than The Monster Ball Tour.

Letmelivemylife

You know 9 short years ago if someone ever told me I would sit in traffic just to go to a concert , I would've said they were lying. I was one of those people who never understood our celebrity obsessed society. I rolled my eyes at the people who waited outside of hotels and I judged the people who followed their fave celebs on Twitter. I rolled my eyes and judged them until a tiny woman from NYC came and changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Now I totally get it ♥️ I honest to god cried a little bit last night while she performed "million reasons" because you could just feel the love that was radiating off of her. There aren't words to describe how much she loves her monsters ♥️

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Archived