opinion

(PI Cancelled) Joanne live at Los Angeles

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AmenTheNight

Just watched the performance of Perfect Illusion from last night. Not only did she butcher it by performing it for less than 2 minutes, but she was off key for the whole song. I don't understand what's happening, she was perfect on the opening night. :saladga:

Spock
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

No, she is not. The show was still two hours long. 

Since you are so consistently gloom and doom over where this tour is going, you have plenty of time to sell your ticket. 

By then, she may even have added to the show, like she did last tour by the time she got to you. 

giphy.gif

This is my opinion on what I don't like. You don't need to quote me every time. Let me have my negative opinion and move on, we don't all have to be up her ass and be okay with everything she does.

I am not gloom and doom, the tour looks amazing, I love it, and I am looking forward to all the shows I'm going. So stop antagonizing me as this is the only thing I've been negatively vocal about (and you should know since you're there to quote me every time) But shortening songs makes my blood boil, and Gaga has a proven track record of doing it. Look at the reactions of the first night on twitter and atrl, we were all surprised by her performing every song in full. So more likely than not she is going to keep shortening stuff, especially as this was only the fourth date lol

And you talk as if we got a whole revamped set list with like 10 new songs to make up for the cuts. Some arrangements were different, but the only adds were Bang Bang and the chorus of TEOG for 3 seconds so lets not.

who will love me when the night is over

Whispering
7 minutes ago, Spock said:

This is my opinion on what I don't like. You don't need to quote me every time. Let me have my negative opinion and move on, we don't all have to be up her ass and be okay with everything she does.

I am not gloom and doom, the tour looks amazing, I love it, and I am looking forward to all the shows I'm going. So stop antagonizing me as this is the only thing I've been negatively vocal about (and you should know since you're there to quote me every time) But shortening songs makes my blood boil, and Gaga has a proven track record of doing it. Look at the reactions of the first night on twitter and atrl, we were all surprised by her performing every song in full. So more likely than not she is going to keep shortening stuff, especially as this was only the fourth date lol

And you talk as if we got a whole revamped set list with like 10 new songs to make up for the cuts. Some arrangements were different, but the only adds were Bang Bang and the chorus of TEOG for 3 seconds so lets not.

Your opinion is stating inaccurate facts. 

No, those were not the only changes. That's why you don't know what you got. You got more songs and a longer show. There was no reason to continually bitch about it. The only thing missing was a super short segment of Fashion as she walked out to her piano. 

Chances are you will get more again. If not, you still got a longer show for ArtRAVE and got the BTWB. My date was cancelled, with most people in the US. **** happens. You'll get a two hour show, but might not get twenty seconds of a couple of songs...but might get something else by that time. 

Sister

Perfect Illusion is such a short and quick full speed ahead song though :huh:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Spock
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

No, those were not the only changes. That's why you don't know what you got. You got more songs and a longer show. There was no reason to continually bitch about it. The only thing missing was a super short segment of Fashion as she walked out to her piano. 

Chances are you will get more again. If not, you still got a longer show for ArtRAVE and got the BTWB. My date was cancelled, with most people in the US. **** happens. You'll get a two hour show, but might not get twenty seconds of a couple of songs...but might get something else by that time. 

Yeah Judas was also added but it was part of that 2min segment with Aura and TEOG so again, shortened (and were also entirely cut for some dates). MJH was added back in, Cake was cut and she sang What's going on during a couple of dates. I do know what I got.

I'm not even taking about the artrave though, and wasn't continually bitching about it if you check old GGD.

But if me and other people have something negative to say about JWT, what's it to you? It's not that crazy to want full songs at your show, especially since she may have sung it in full at the date before yours.

I'm sorry your BTWB was cancelled, but it doesn't make my (as in my own and personal) criticisms invalid. Some people don't like that the set list seems to be a bit random, others don't like how the M&Gs are happening this year, others don't like The Cure choreo. I don't like that she shortens the songs. Let me have my opinion

Ronk

Why can't people just enjoy the show and let Gaga take care of herself?  It's not the end of the world if a song is shortened, omitted, or added.  The show as an entity is an opportunity to see and hear Gaga and will be entertaining regardless of details.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Whispering
11 minutes ago, Spock said:

Yeah Judas was also added but it was part of that 2min segment with Aura and TEOG so again, shortened (and were also entirely cut for some dates). MJH was added back in, Cake was cut and she sang What's going on during a couple of dates. I do know what I got.

But if me or other fans want to bitch about it, what's it to you? It's not that crazy to want full songs at your show, especially since she may have sung it in full at the date before yours.

I'm sorry your BTWB was cancelled, but it doesn't make my (as in my own and personal) criticisms invalid. Some people don't like that the set list seems to be a bit random, others don't like how the M&Gs are happening this year, others don't like The Cure choreo. I don't like that she shortens the songs. Let me have my opinion

Judas, TEOG, Dope, Bang Bang and sometimes a cover song. You got more songs and a longer show.

You are presenting facts that aren't true and all that does is create unnecessary negativity. That's the issue. 

You are free to your opinion...but I'm going to dispute inaccurate information. 

seashellbabe

I was at the show holding my breath seeing if she would do the full version 

Twitter and Insta: @seashellbabe

Spock
40 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Judas, TEOG, Dope, Bang Bang and sometimes a cover song. You got more songs and a longer show.

You are presenting facts that aren't true and all that does is create unnecessary negativity. That's the issue. 

You are free to your opinion...but I'm going to dispute inaccurate information. 

Which I mentioned in my reply to you lol. And wasn't necessarily a longer show because of the shortened songs and how she cut the performances on some dates.

You're the one who brought the artrave into discussion and creates "unnecessary negativity" by endlessly quoting me every time, when I'm just voicing my two cents. Everything I've said about this tour has been positive. My original post here was a meltdown post in a meltdown thread

Whispering
7 minutes ago, Spock said:

Which I mentioned in my reply to you lol. And wasn't necessarily a longer show because of the shortened songs and how she cut the performances on some dates.

You're the one who brought the artrave into discussion and creates "unnecessary negativity" by endlessly quoting me every time, when I'm just voicing my two cents. Everything I've said about this tour has been positive. My original post here was a meltdown post in a meltdown thread

It was a longer show than the beginning of the tour. I was one of the ones that followed every date in the tour section. Plus, I went to the second date on the tour. The songs weren't shortened from the first of the tour. You got more songs and a longer show. 

No, I'm telling you that you got MORE. That is a positive, but you so badly want it to be a negative so you can complain about something that never happened and something that you have no idea how it will turn out. 

Whispering
22 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Why can't people just enjoy the show and let Gaga take care of herself?  It's not the end of the world if a song is shortened, omitted, or added.  The show as an entity is an opportunity to see and hear Gaga and will be entertaining regardless of details.

Exactly! A vocalist knows their voice. They know what sirs rights with them and what is pushing their vocal chords. It really is different for everyone. A song may be okay to sing every once in a while, but not several times a week, or not in a two hour set.

Gaga has to know her limits and make wise decisions, especially since she is a performer who actually sings live the entire show! 

S0436

I think she shortened it because it's taxing on the vocal chords and half the audience are not bothered about the track.  She has to cater for all types of fans at the show not just Little Monsters!

Spock
41 minutes ago, Whispering said:

It was a longer show than the beginning of the tour. I was one of the ones that followed every date in the tour section. Plus, I went to the second date on the tour. The songs weren't shortened from the first of the tour. You got more songs and a longer show. 

No, I'm telling you that you got MORE. That is a positive, but you so badly want it to be a negative so you can complain about something that never happened and something that you have no idea how it will turn out. 

The only thing that I'm complaining is that she shortens the songs. That's it. Independently and completely separate of what may be added or not. But it so happened that some things added to the artrave that you want to convince me were positives !!!11!!1 (which in their way they were), were also shortened. And having Fashion cut and three songs in two and a half minutes to accommodate for Bang Band and Dope may be a positive for you, but it isn't for me, which once again falls into letting people have their own opinions on things

So please, stop trying to paint me as this overtly negative person that bitches and moans about everything because I'm really not

Have a blessed day

lxdygxga

This thread was everything. Can we please keep having threads for changes at each show @Irrelevant? They really help. 

I knew she would cut Perfect Illusion down, but I'm a little confused as to why Telephone and Joanne were too? Maybe she was just rushing, I don't know. We'll see what happens here on out.

Archived