💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
my experience

My JWT Review

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

Hello everyone! A few of you have messaged me asking me to write a review of Saturday night's show. So here it is! I kept it brief because if not I would just end up summarizing the show. (For context, I have seen Gaga 2.5 times before...the STL BTWB, the Chicago artRAVE, and the NYC rooftop dive bar show.)

Gaga's vocals, staging, and outfits are all the best I have ever seen them...no doubt. Vocally, she is on an entirely new level...hopefully she can keep it up throughout the tour. The show reminded me a lot of the Formation World Tour; it was a professional and glorious spectacle through the career of one of the world's biggest pop stars. And before I get into some of the meh things I noticed, I must say, this is almost tied with the BTWB for me as her best tour. She is just so sharp and comfortable onstage, even more so than before. However, they should really send a DJ or someone out before Gaga. People were furious sitting there for an hour and a half...one woman even said , "She's turning into Madonna already." My only complaints about the show itself are issues that many others have mentioned: dancing, transitions, and the setlist. Her dancing was fairly good, but she wasn't moving as much as I'm used to seeing or even as much as she did during the Super Bowl. Maybe I was just sitting at a bad angle, but she barely did the Telephone and BTW choreo. Also, the transitions are wayyyy longer than in previous tours. People around me were even like "They aren't quick changes if they're taking 5 minutes." Finally, my only big issue with this tour is the setlist. It is so all over the place that it held back some of the Joanne songs...it just feels weird going back and forth and back and forth from full on cowgirl to pop diva. I'm not quite sure what the solution is, but moving a few songs around (Born This Way for example) would help a lot. 

Again, despite my few complaints...this show knocks the artRAVE out of the water and is up there with the MB and the BTWB, and I can't wait for you all to see it. I typed this on my phone, but hopefully there aren't too many typos. Let me know if you guys have any questions! I was seated in the 15th row about in line with the piano. I'll also be seeing the show in NYC on the second date. 

Duella Dvil

As someone who was also there Saturday, consider this.

Out of a 14 song album 1 of those tracks is a repeat. She only didn't do 3.

So it's not like she didn't do half the album. She only skipped one standard track and the bonus edition tracks.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Fernster7
34 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

So it's not like she didn't do half the album. She only skipped one standard track and the bonus edition tracks.

She doesn't sing two standard tracks tho. Sinner's Prayer and Hey Girl.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

She doesn't sing two standard tracks tho. Sinner's Prayer and Hey Girl.

Hey Girl would be a bit ridiculous without Florence 

Lippoutou
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

Was about to say it ;) 

Fernster7
31 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Well yeah and actually I don't mind the song not being performed because I don't really like it but she still cut a big part of Joanne.

And OT, I feel like BTW fits perfectly where it is placed, I mean, CTM is a song that could have been on BTW the album so she mixed it TEOG and BTW.

The part of the setlist that doesn't work and it's messy as hell is BM/DIC/Paparazzi/Angel Down/Joanne.

And also, Poker Face doesn't exactly fit where she put it. 

The rest of the setlist is great, I love the ending.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, Fernster7 said:

Well yeah and actually I don't mind the song not being performed because I don't really like it but she still cut a big part of Joanne.

And OT, I feel like BTW fits perfectly where it is placed, I mean, CTM is a song that could have been on BTW the album so she mixed it TEOG and BTW.

The part of the setlist that doesn't work and it's messy as hell is BM/DIC/Paparazzi/Angel Down/Joanne.

And also, Poker Face doesn't exactly fit where she put it. 

The rest of the setlist is great, I love the ending.

I agree about the BTW placement. 

I disagree about the section you criticized. I really love the transitions, especially the way Paparazzi slowly becomes Angel Down themed and she's murdered and the police sirens are mixed with the Paparazzi instrumental. It's deliciously theatric.

Fernster7
32 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I agree about the BTW placement. 

I disagree about the section you criticized. I really love the transitions, especially the way Paparazzi slowly becomes Angel Down themed and she's murdered and the police sirens are mixed with the Paparazzi instrumental. It's deliciously theatric.

Well yeah I like that part too, but BM/DIC before that is like what? And also, the way it transitions feels messy, she pretty much just lets the instrumental play, a remix or something like that would've been so much better imo.

Slayer
5 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

That's three songs less than the ones she sang for her other albums, which were all longer than Joanne.

As someone who hasn't been to the concert yet, it just looks from the setlist like she isn't as focused on making this a Joanne tour so much as a Lady Gaga general tour. Having two album cuts from a five-year-old album instead of album cuts from the album she is promoting is a little bit weird (as much as I love Scheiße and Bloody Mary and can't wait to see them live).  But maybe the tour works better without having every single track from Joanne. I can understand the practicality issue of Hey Girl and the sensitivity issue of Grigio Girls. But I would LOVE to see Just Another Day performed live. It hope she adds it at some point.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Adam Synthesis

Glad you had a blast. I can't wait til Fri!!! :)

єνєяу нєαятвяєαк мαкєѕ ιт нαя∂ тσ кєєρ тнє fαιтн - qυєєи gαgα

Flawless

I think this tour is a celebration in a way. Like 10 years of Lady Gaga and because of that and the superbowl, she started to priorize her hits. The show for me is also a conflict between the Gaga we all know and the stripped down Joanne. That's why the setlist its all over the place. But from what I had already seen, the concert lools amazing and I can't wait for my date.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

LUO YI

What I don't like is the way she ends every segment. I takes a lot of time which could be used better. That's just my opinion and you can disagree. 

And Madonna had pretty boring support acts at the RHT :selena: so I guess that's the way that person felt

The night sky tells all

AJH219

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the set list is perfect :sweat: Its everything I could have wanted and more

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Flawless
1 minute ago, Graffiti Heart said:

What I don't like is the way she ends every segment. I takes a lot of time which could be used better. That's just my opinion and you can disagree. 

If you're talking about the instrumentals I totally agree. It takes too long and its kinda boring tbh.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Archived