Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Bringing stuff into the venue

Radio Ga Ga

Featured Posts

Radio Ga Ga

Hi all, so my show is in november (the detroit one), and I want my experience to be absolutely perfect, so I've been planning my trip since like last year. I'm a college student and I even picked my classes around Tuesday afternoon/night so I don't have to skip class, and done hours and hours of research to avoid having an exam that night..

giphy.gif

Anyways, I'm going to this concert completely alone and it's a hour away from where I live, so I might need to check into a hotel, cuz I'm not about to uber/walk around the city/take public transportation at a crime rate heaven like Detroit

So I'm probably gonna have to bring clean clothes, and because I'm gonna be in line (I'm gonna be there at around 2pm since I have a CTM ticket), I probably want to have water and food. 

I'm not packing a suitcase like this of course:

giphy.gif

But I want to bring a backpack into the venue with food, water, and clothes. 

So my question is:

Are backpacks allowed in the venue? And will the security scan thing not allow me to bring water into the venue?

Are y'all planning to bring water into the concert?

venusfly

You can't bring a water bottle into the venue unless it has no cap on it, and you can't bring backpacks either unless they're very small or a cloakroom is available for you to put them in, in any case its best to just ask these questions to the actual venue because they know best :happy:

If you're staying in a hotel why not just go there first and leave your stuff and then make your way to the venue? its best to just turn up with a small amount of items.

evgenigerm2

At the BTWB I wasn't allowed to bring any food or beverages into the venue for 'safety reasons' because as the security explained to me 'there's a food stall inside'. They did allow me to bring my backpack inside tho.

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

Radio Ga Ga
4 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

You can't bring a water bottle into the venue unless it has no cap on it, and you can't bring backpacks either unless they're very small or a cloakroom is available for you to put them in, in any case its best to just ask these questions to the actual venue because they know best :happy:

If you're staying in a hotel why not just go there first and leave your stuff and then make your way to the venue? its best to just turn up with a small amount of items.

Thanks for the advice, but hotels usually don't allow really early checkins, and I want to line up early. I guess I'll just not bring clean clothes then.

Radio Ga Ga
4 minutes ago, evgenigerm2 said:

At the BTWB I wasn't allowed to bring any food or beverages into the venue for 'safety reasons' because as the security explained to me 'there's a food stall inside'. They did allow me to bring my backpack inside tho.

Hmm.. but going to the food stall to get water would make you lose your spot at the floor, so I guess I'm gonna have to not drink water for the entire concert?

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Thanks for the advice, but hotels usually don't allow really early checkins, and I want to line up early. I guess I'll just not bring clean clothes then.

Even if you can't check in per se, I've never been to a hotel where I couldn't drop off my bag with the front desk (even when I was traveling in Europe). They often have a room specifically for that reason.

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

Chuckles
19 minutes ago, bobbby said:

Even if you can't check in per se, I've never been to a hotel where I couldn't drop off my bag with the front desk (even when I was traveling in Europe). They often have a room specifically for that reason.

I suggest this. did this back in March in LA

Radio Ga Ga
49 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Wait, so if I buy a normal bottle of water, and I throw away the cap, I can bring it in?

Or does it mean I can only bring drinks like a starbucks/mcdonalds smoothie

MadeToBAMonster

Most venues are very strict on outside items but it can sometime depend on what security person you encounter and how you approach the situation.

Henri Bardot

you can't bring ANYTHING that's food related (water, snacks etc...). you can go with the backpack tho, but they're gonna check it, so you can lose time running into the stage lol, but since you've got the CTM package you're going to have a good place either way so.... just stay away from food and water and that's it 

pooiota

androiduser

leave this at the hotel before the show, and even if it's before check-in time, they will keep you stuff in their storage room...

djparky

Just take a spare bottle top with you, once past security just put it back on the bottle. Don't take anything else like back packs with you

ChicaSkas

Backpacks were admitted at my venue only if they were empty, as I convinced security I was buying merch and needed the space.

California also has crazy (but totally sensible because the environment) plastic bag laws, so merch tables dont bag the merch for you. 

I would try taking your stuff in tote bags and just show security.

Wear a fanny pack.

Take as little as humanly possible.

I will be approaching it from a different aspect because of a propensity I have to conduct aural bathtub mixing.

(If you understood what that last part meant , high five.)

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived