Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Rock Influences for JWT?

DeleteMyAccount

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount

I came across this amazing guitar solo of Perfect Illusion today. The guy has also done other Gaga covers. I thought he did an excellent job.

And then I came across another channel that mixed his cover with the original version of PI. :firega:

So would you be here for more rock influences in her performances for the JWT? :oprah: I know her band usually adds to the backtracks, but it would be cool to see more of it.

I'd love to see stand out guitar solos too. I remember when Carrie Underwood had Orianthi perform with her at the Grammys and I was shook.

barnabesk

That's what I'm actually expecting from the live versions. The live Version of Venus artRAVE was so much better than the studio version, fixing all the production flaws (sorry Gaga)

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Her songs always get a rock treatment live, so.... :sweat:

Yea I know haha. But I want more. :creepflop:

I believe she'll have one portion of the show be strictly rock or have heavy rock influences.

OMonster

Honestly, yes. 

If Gaga comes through and really pushes those rock influences on Joanne (which I wish she had done for the actual album, to be honest), then this tour is going to be really incredible. 

I absolutely love Joanne... but it leaves me wanting more. Songs like Perfect Illusion and John Wayne; I think they could've been pushed further away from a pop structure. Particularly with John Wayne - that could've been way heavier and far more powerful. I think the same with DIC, too. 

I really think Gaga and her team have a brilliant opportunity here to deliver some real, head banging music. 

Spoiler

I'm aware that she has always drawn on rock influences for her tour, but that's usually with pretty pop sounding songs. With Joanne, there are already rock sounds without having to create them if that makes sense - they just need to be enhanced and pushed. 

Come through rock queen :classy:

subtext / fantasy

Archived