Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Buying tickets outside venue before show (JWT)

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

Robo Ga

If anyone here has done this before for a Gaga PLEASE show let me know and give me advice.

I want to buy a ticket to the JWT in Montreal outside of the venue on the day of. This is b/c I was unable to get a ticket when they went on sale because of my financial situation at the time & the rate at which they sold out. Now I have enough money saved up to buy a ticket & I have heard that it's possible to get a ticket from scalpers outside of the venue on the day of the show.

Has anyone ever done this? I am willing to pay wayyyyy overprice for a ticket on the floor, but I would take whatever I could get - I've legit been saving money all summer for this. Also FYI I'm going solo so I don't need to get a ticket for a friend or anything either. If you guys think it would be better for me to try to just get a ticket online in advance too I could try that too. I've been to many concerts before but this will be my first Gaga show.

Let me know guys I'm happy to take any advice you have! Thanks! 

🤖⚡️

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lover

Do not wait until the day of. The stress will not be worth it. Plus, there's a change you could get a fake ticket. If you're willing to pay more than the face value, used a trusted website like StubHub. You'll have your authentic ticket way before and you won't have to worry about not getting one. 

AndrewGr

Try StubHub, Viagogo and the Facebook event of your show (people might sell tix in the comments). The scalpers outside the venue should be ur last option

merlot

have you tried resales on ticketmaster? 

idk but if it was me i wouldn't do it, it would be so stressful :gum:

JeffGaga89

I used StubHub for the Monster Ball Tour!! Great site... they are real tickets too! 

Robo Ga
22 minutes ago, merlot said:

have you tried resales on ticketmaster? 

idk but if it was me i wouldn't do it, it would be so stressful :gum:

Not yet!  I know I am already stressed about it hahahahah 

7 minutes ago, JeffGaga89 said:

I used StubHub for the Monster Ball Tour!! Great site... they are real tickets too! 

Thank you I will try this!! Always worried I'm going to get scammed so glad to here people say it has worked for them. 

🤖⚡️

androiduser

sometimes additional tickets are officially released days before the show, keep an eye on the official ticket site

Saint Hollywood
49 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Do not wait until the day of. The stress will not be worth it. Plus, there's a change you could get a fake ticket. If you're willing to pay more than the face value, used a trusted website like StubHub. You'll have your authentic ticket way before and you won't have to worry about not getting one. 

My cousin has worked at StubHub for the last few years, and from what she says, do NOT purchase your tickets from StubHub. :cryga: StubHub themselves don't sell the tickets... people (a.k.a. actual resellers) do. The site is just a place where people can sell their tickets online, kind of like a ticket version of eBay. :selena: About 40 - 45% of these people sell fraudulent tickets, which just ends up wasting the money that the customer spent. She always says that the company get calls from people that got rejected at the entrance/gate of the venue the day of the concert, especially with large events like Coldplay and Drake tours. :deadbanana: Now, StubHub, as far as I know, can refund your ticket full price, or get you a ticket for an another show at the venue (most likely not for the same performer/event) with the money you spent, with the addition of a 10 - 30% off coupon for any other ticket purchase on their site. But the one thing StubHub can not do if this happens, is guarantee that you can see the concert you originally paid for. Obviously this isn't the case for every purchase at StubHub, but this occurs too much on a regular basis to ignore. The best thing to ensure that you get a VALID ticket is to purchase a ticket directly from Ticketmaster or whichever main site the venue has listed. :pray:

Spoiler

Seriously though, she has told me countless stories about how she was on the line with people who were BAWLING their hearts out because their tickets were rejected at the doors. :air:

For a big artist like Gaga, I would be careful. :giveup:

@Robo Ga

endless

I bought mine outside the venue last time for below cost, lol. I doubt it will be an issue for you at all.

p.s. Hi it's Evan. 

Brooklyn Nights

I don't wanna break the bad news but floor tickets for Montreal don't exist 😭 It's ticket less entry. Only the person who bought the tickets can enter by showing their Photo ID and the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The name on the ID and Craig card need to be the same too. However, you can probably get a seat! I'd buy it from a resale site though. 

I will see you there! I'm going to the Montreal show c: hope everything works out for you 

JustaMonster
6 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

My cousin has worked at StubHub for the last few years, and from what she says, do NOT purchase your tickets from StubHub. :cryga: StubHub themselves don't sell the tickets... people (a.k.a. actual resellers) do. The site is just a place where people can sell their tickets online, kind of like a ticket version of eBay. :selena: About 40 - 45% of these people sell fraudulent tickets, which just ends up wasting the money that the customer spent. She always says that the company get calls from people that got rejected at the entrance/gate of the venue the day of the concert, especially with large events like Coldplay and Drake tours. :deadbanana: Now, StubHub, as far as I know, can refund your ticket full price, or get you a ticket for an another show at the venue (most likely not for the same performer/event) with the money you spent, with the addition of a 10 - 30% off coupon for any other ticket purchase on their site. But the one thing StubHub can not do if this happens, is guarantee that you can see the concert you originally paid for. Obviously this isn't the case for every purchase at StubHub, but this occurs too much on a regular basis to ignore. The best thing to ensure that you get a VALID ticket is to purchase a ticket directly from Ticketmaster or whichever main site the venue has listed. :pray:

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously though, she has told me countless stories about how she was on the line with people who were BAWLING their heart out because their tickets were rejected at the doors. :air:

For a big artist like Gaga, I would be careful. :giveup:

WHAT I think I may have bought my ticket from StubHub... :saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga:

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Saint Hollywood
Just now, JustaMonster said:

WHAT I think I may have bought my ticket from StubHub... :saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga:

Just because you bought one from there doesn't mean it's fake... :poot:

But sadly, that's the case some of the time :saladga:

So to be safe, get tickets from the site listed by the venue :lolly:

GypsyBabe

I know plenty of people who have been burned by StubHub :reductive:

⚯͛

CanadaGaga

I bought my ticket resale from Ticketmaster.☺️ (For Vancouver) Way less stress as yes I paid more money but I know it's legit and I can get in. 👍🏻I'd try them for Montreal. 

Robo Ga

Thanks @Saint Hollywood :diane: I've heard of that happening too that's why I was toying with the idea of getting it day-of.

8 minutes ago, endless said:

I bought mine outside the venue last time for below cost, lol. I doubt it will be an issue for you at all.

p.s. Hi it's Evan. 

HEY! ok I basically started this thread based on what you told me about it before. I hope that this same thing can happen as it did with you but do you think demand is higher now? Not sure how high the demand was during ARTPOP? I want to do this so bad but it feels risky 

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn Nights said:

I don't wanna break the bad news but floor tickets for Montreal don't exist 😭

Do you mean they're just impossible to find? I'm referring to general admission.  I thought you had to show ID regardless of where you were in the venue 

🤖⚡️

Archived