throwback

Rihanna Calls Gaga Generic

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreekGod

Gaga is one of the most different pop girls, but let's not be delulu she IS a "popstar" aka generic. not to mention rihanna is generic too.

n0ne

Gurl bye

Like most of Rihanna's music isn't generic or couldnt be sung by someone else with actual above average vocals.

10117_800.gif

"My people
 need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

CautiousLurker

Rihanna would know about being generic, wouldn't she :reductive:

Ferrer Zorola

Reminds me of when she gets called a style icon. She is literally the least influential popstar even though she has more hits than anyone. She is a bad bih but she's very close to being a basic one.

LIFE IS GOOD

Xoxo Adriana

I looked at this thread thinking it was recent, and I was like *hold me back i wanna drag this b*tch*

tenor.gif

But it tagged throwback so I guess Rihanna's weave is safe on her head for now :poot: 

"I didn't want to do the generic pop record that Kesha or Lady Gaga, Katy Perry could just do and it'll work"

Lady Gaga's pop records is far from generic songs like Poker Face or Paparazzi have their own style, so much so that if it comes on the radio even my 60 year old dad recognizes that it's Gaga. When Rih comes on the radio my dad confuses it with Beyoncé, or think it's a new artist, even knowing who Rihanna is. Rihanna is the queen of generic pop/rnb songs, that's why she's been so successful. Her songs are accessible to the widest audience because it always follows the trends, it always follows what's successful, most of the time it sounds sloppy, like it's been recorded quickly, edited quick, has no genuine feeling or vibe to it. Instantly does well on radio. Songs like Work, Diamonds, What you came for, or lately Wild Thoughts which is a poor attempt to make a summer hit using all of Santana's amazing work, is the very definition of generic songs that you've heard it all before, that's doing well, that's selling, and that has an expiration date (usually 6 months then nobody listens to it). 

It's funny because Gaga been singing Jazz, then did a pop/country album, those genres aren't accessible to the widest audience, meanwhile Rih still creates to this day, meaningless art that is trendy 

Xoxo Adriana
26 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

'Loud' is so not generic :trollga:

'Raining Men' ft. Nicki is iconic and unforgettable:trollga:

get my drift sis?

The pot calling the kettle black :madge:

I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY, I JUST WANT YOUR SOUL HONEY.

SlayGagaloo

Oh Rihorse :saladga: you literally jump on tracks by every relevant DJ or rapper. Don't write ****. Bebe sang that high note for you in (The Monster)... Have several seats badgal :chica:

Over.

Archived