💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Edmonton man says Lady Gaga helped him recover from stroke.

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

The Cure indeed.

Evan Mudryk was only 20 years old when he suffered a stroke.

“I was downstairs washing my hands and feeling okay. I then walked to ask [for] more beer. I was drooling at times. My speech [was] almost gone,” he said. In his case, bleeding in the brain led to the stroke. He ended up spending 10 days in hospital in a coma.

The university student, who had been pursuing a degree in English, soon found himself unable to walk and unable to speak. But, in the midst of those dark times, Mudryk found strength through an unlikely source: popstar Lady Gaga. His favourite songs include Paparazzi, Edge of Glory and Bad Romance.

The entire family went to Las Vegas in 2010 where Mudryk saw Lady Gaga perform two days in a row. Mudryk also has a large collection of Lady Gaga books, magazines, records and CDs; he even has a toothbrush that plays Lady Gaga music.

But it was only when Evan was in the hospital after his stroke that his mother Debra realized just how much the pop superstar meant to her son. “[When he was in the coma], his brother brought [a] Lady Gaga towel to the hospital, wrapped him up in it, played Lady Gaga music into the wee hours of the night and talked to him,” she said. "That’s when I really realized how powerful Lady Gaga was a part of his life".

When Mudryk woke from his coma, Lady Gaga was not far from his mind. "He was trying to reach for [my friend’s] phone. She gave it to him. He quickly found Lady Gaga music. We’re going, ‘how did he do that?’ Somehow he managed to find her music".

Mudryk ultimately spent months in hospital undergoing speech and physical therapy. A constant source of strength through all that was Lady Gaga music. "It speaks to me – to push even more. To be strong and to be brave and just keep on doing more therapy and more speech [therapy],” he said. "The beginning of the first single Born This Way. It’s actually perfect. I was born this [way] genetically. It’s [a] birth defect,” he said. 

Mother Debra is grateful for the power of the pop star’s music. "From Day 1, I think the whole Lady Gaga thing is what carried him through. Her messages of acceptance — of whatever race you are, whatever religion you are, whether you have a disability of not – the power of her message, I think, has helped him to be more communicative and more accepting of others and to try harder.”

He has one goal he would like to cross off his list: meeting Lady Gaga in person. Mudryk has tickets to her concert next month at Rogers Place and wants nothing more than to share his story with her.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3617549/edmonton-man-says-lady-gaga-helped-him-recover-from-stroke-hopes-to-meet-her/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ferrer Zorola

I wonder if he's a hunty 

:oprah:

in all seriousness, I hope he recovers the best he can since my dad went through that and a part of his heart literally died and now he's vegan

LIFE IS GOOD

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I wonder if he's a hunty 

in all seriousness, I hope he recovers the best he can since my dad went through that and a part of his heart literally died and he's now vegan

:duck:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Jenina

It's crazy how big of an impact someone you've never met can have on your life. I hope he recovers quickly and gets to meet her one day.

cool

I hope he does get a chance to meet her at JWT and share his story. Also that he gets well soon! 

PunkTheFunk

This is why you shouldn't listen to Witness if you have an existing medical condition :ohno:

So happy that Gaga got him through this :diane:

whore
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This is why you shouldn't listen to Witness if you have an existing medical condition :ohno:

I literally SCREAMED :toofunny:

Pierre

She was The Cure. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Irrelevant

Lady Gaga has saved me in many things :cryga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

MJHolland

Aww if he's on this site I hope he knows he's in our thoughts, I hope he won't have to keep dealing with chronic problems 

Archived