sarahb

Featured Posts

sarahb

So in Gaga's song 'Earthquake' the lyrics go:
If I were the last girl, and you were the last boy
Left here on this planet, and there was an earthquake
Maybe then you'd love, maybe then you'd love me
If there was an earthquake

My question is, what does the earthquake have to do with the boy loving her? Or are the lyrics kinda backwards and the earthquake is the reason why they're the last two people on the planet?

Just something that I've always been confused about :sweat:

It just means that, the boy will never love her not until circumstances urges him to do so

so it's like she has no chance of being with him regardless of being the last 2 people on Earth

not unless if the situation is really crucial for the boy to "love" her.

Chromatislaps
16 minutes ago, Wacky said:

It just means that, the boy will never love her not until circumstances urges him to do so

so it's like she has no chance of being with him regardless of being the last 2 people on Earth

not unless if the situation is really crucial for the boy to "love" her.

well not really love her...If she was the last girl and he the last boy, it would only be a "survival thing", they would be the only people left to make children. And that doesn't mean he would love her if she was the last girl :giveup: 

Just now, Derpplause said:

well not really love her...If she was the last girl and he the last boy, it would only be a "survival thing", they would be the only people left to make children. And that doesn't mean he would love her if she was the last girl :giveup: 

yeah that's why I placed some quotation marks for "love" lol 

sarahb

I'm still wondering why the earthquake is relevant at all. The whole 'forced to love each other because they're the last 2 people left' would still work without an earthquake. 

Irrelevant
Just now, sarahb said:

I'm still wondering why the earthquake is relevant at all. The whole 'forced to love each other because they're the last 2 people left' would still work without an earthquake. 

You need a song title :sure:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Blue wig

Well, maybe even when there would be nobody else to love, he still wouldn't love her, so maybe she meant that if there were an earthquake, and he had to save her life if he didn't want to be alone, maybe then he would save her and love her.

(gosh, that was a long and probably grammatically incorrect sentence :sweat:)

inuborg
1 hour ago, sarahb said:

it's because she needed 6 more syllables for that line :laughga:

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

sarahb
13 minutes ago, inuborg said:

it's because she needed 6 more syllables for that line :laughga:

'Because of an earthquake' would still make more sense. (or is she actually saying 'if' there was an earthquake instead of 'and'?) Though I'd still think it'd be kinda weird to mention an extinction level earthquake as a reason at all...
Or the earthquake just....makes things even more dangerous after being the last two people alive I don't know :huh:
Hey @BorisIsHere , I need answers :laughga:

Archived