Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

(insert year)'s music sucked

n0ne

Featured Posts

n0ne

Honestly, people who say a full year had bad music have flop taste and/or need to expand their horizons.

There's literally thousands of songs and albums/EPs that are released each year. It's nearly impossible for a majority, let alone a sizeable fraction of those being horrible/bad.

Even in mainstream or top 40 music the good outweighs the bad. Just because a lot of you are just limited to listening and stanning pop girls, does not equate to music being horrible when they aren't dominating as much. The music industry has trends; sometimes males and females slay together equally, sometimes females dominate harder than males, and sometimes males dominate harder than females.

I think that whole the GP is musically sexist argument is invalid. Especially considering half or majority of the GP is female. They just aren't feeling the music of certain female artists right now.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XXXXX
1 minute ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Okay but 2012 was a pretty bad year for music :awkney:

Irrelevant

2016 had some good moments, but ultimately it was a flop time for music (aka the tropical house EDM era)

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

n0ne
6 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

3 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

2016 had some good moments, but ultimately it was a flop time for music (aka the tropical house EDM era)

2 minutes ago, JoeysWorldTour said:

2012 was a boring year for music.  So was 2015.

20 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Honestly, people who say a full year had bad music have flop taste and/or need to expand their horizons.

There's literally thousands of songs and albums/EPs that are released each year. It's nearly impossible for a majority, let alone a sizeable fraction of those being horrible/bad.

I can name tons of music from 2012 and 2015 I enjoyed and thought were great.

I actually liked the tropical house trend of 2016, but most of the music that I listened to and enjoyed the most from that year didn't even follow that trend and I listened to a lot of music that year.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Perfume

2016, because Lana didn't release not one thing except for Stargirl in November

an angel held me like a child

Irrelevant
5 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

I actually liked the tropical house trend of 2016, but most of the music that I listened to and enjoyed the most from that year didn't even follow that trend and I listened to a lot of music that year.

Well some songs are good, and then there's Closer :poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

n0ne
1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

Well some songs are good, and then there's Closer :poot:

Every year has an ultimate bad song that dominates :trollga:

Arturo
28 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Came here just to point this out. The #1's were just....omg. Whistle :giveup: 

iCpro

ok but 2015 was pretty boring :neyde:

Apart from Adele and Justin returning to spice things up near the end I can't really remember much of the music at all

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived