💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Yin and Yangs on ARTPOP

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

We all know Gaga did a lot of light and darks or yin and yangs such as The Fame and The Fame Monster. But here in ARTPOP:

Aura is about violence and sexual rough interaction while Venus is about peace and love.

Jewels N Drugs is about materials, Jewels N' Drugs. MANiCURE is about love.

Do What U Want is about the dark side of the media and criticism, ARTPOP is ART.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

AmericanGUY

G.U.Y. preaches about not needing to be on top of the game to be right whereas Donatella screams "i'm the best and better than everyone"

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

dannydevito

"don't want your jewels i want your drugs don't want your money i want your love"

not the same as

12 minutes ago, Lily Cruz said:

Jewels N Drugs is about materials

giphy.gif

Joshie S
2 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

I still don't understand what ARTPOP the song is about

it could mean anything

OT: ARTPOP is my fave Gaga album, fight me

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

XXXXX
4 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

it could mean anything

OT: ARTPOP is my fave Gaga album, fight me

I don't really want to :selena:

Guest bostonGUY

I saw a really good post on tumblr that fits this ting and yang idea:

"Then you have the brilliance of the tracks that explore contrasting ideologies. For example: Mary Jane Holland vs.Dope (one very much being a marijuana anthem and the other essentially being a huge “Don’t do drugs, kids!” ballad) and, of course, Donatella vs. Fashion! (the first talking about fashion in the shallowest manner possible, and the latter from a purely artistic perspective)."

http://hausoftulito.tumblr.com/post/137675005318/ARTPOP-rant

Altair
1 minute ago, MJH13 said:

I saw a really good post on tumblr that fits this ting and yang idea:

"Then you have the brilliance of the tracks that explore contrasting ideologies. For example: Mary Jane Holland vs.Dope (one very much being a marijuana anthem and the other essentially being a huge “Don’t do drugs, kids!” ballad) and, of course, Donatella vs. Fashion! (the first talking about fashion in the shallowest manner possible, and the latter from a purely artistic perspective)."

http://hausoftulito.tumblr.com/post/137675005318/ARTPOP-rant

Okay but dope isn't really about drugs in that sense

Guest bostonGUY
Just now, Altair said:

Okay but dope isn't really about drugs in that sense

True but still the post shines light on how MJH/Dope and Donatella/Fashion! are literal opposites of each other

Altair
3 minutes ago, MJH13 said:

True but still the post shines light on how MJH/Dope and Donatella/Fashion! are literal opposites of each other

Yeah, I completely agree with the other ones. I just get triggered when people just assume dope is about drugs because of it's title. 

ARTPOPism
23 minutes ago, Altair said:

Yeah, I completely agree with the other ones. I just get triggered when people just assume dope is about drugs because of it's title. 

Gaga openly said that Dope is about her addiction to marijuana (she was smoking 15 to 20 joints a day and "numbing" her body) and its the sad/dark part of the story of MJH. 

Smother Em Eh
10 hours ago, Lily Cruz said:

We all know Gaga did a lot of light and darks or yin and yangs such as The Fame and The Fame Monster. But here in ARTPOP:

Aura is about violence and sexual rough interaction while Venus is about peace and love.

Jewels N Drugs is about materials, Jewels N' Drugs. MANiCURE is about love.

Do What U Want is about the dark side of the media and criticism, ARTPOP is ART.

Wait isn't Venus just straight up about sex? I mean the lyrics really state it all. "When you touch me I die just a little inside" is totally about sex isn't it? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Oriane

ARTPOP is a lot about duality. I did an analysis in this thread :

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived