Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's path back to mainstream success should be a Christmas single

sexy

Featured Posts

15jocart
48 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

WHY do people think this song sounds like christmas?  It's like a little 50's and actually kinda Full house theme song-esque but this is not a christmas single 

0:36 of Come to Mama is very, very reminiscent of 0:12 of this Christmas anthem:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

26 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

1.there is no such thing as hot 1000

2. why u so mad :poot:

1. In my heart there is one :diane:

2. Mister Danny I am not mad :poot:

GypsyBabe

My sister considers Christmas Tree to be a holiday classic. :ladyhaha:

But I've been saying forever that she should do a Christmas single. She has the voice to make it smash. 

⚯͛

blackcoffee

I am SO glad you made this thread! I've had this exact thought on my mind for a week or so now and thought about making one, but am glad you did because you explain it perfectly.

I, of course, TOTALLY agree with you. If Gaga were to create a Christmas album with a really fantastically crafted original holiday single that combined pop with elements of jazz (as it is a genre she loves and honestly sounds best in) and got it to become a hit, it would be awesome and great for her career and legacy. 

It honestly would bring her so much longevity. Think about Mariah Carey...I'm 27 and grew up with the resurgent part of her career (Emancipation of Mimi), which made me listen, remember, and love her 90s work. That said, I would bet most young people don't have much knowledge of her, but I bet you they all know All I Want For Christmas Is You. It's literally become her signature single and gives her a unique longevity in that everyone knows and loves that song and knows her because of it. It blows up every holiday season. Imagine Gaga having that...would be perfect!

As for a full holiday album, I would love if it was a mix of classic covers and originals. Again, think Mariah's classic Christmas album. And while Mariah's was a blend of R&B/Soul, Gospel, and Pop music (her strongest genres), I would love and think it best if Gaga's was a blend of Jazz and Pop, her strongest genres (with rock being one of her strongest too, which could work on an album like this if done right).  

Archived