Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lust For Life: One step further or one step back?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

sipthistea

We all know Honeymoon is Lana's Magnum Opus (Or at least one of them with Ultraviolence). And it's very unlikely she tops it, but I want to know your opinion on Lust For Life. 

Do you think Lust For Life is one step further for Lana's discography, or is it one step back :oprah:

Discuss, Lanansters :pray:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maleficent

I actually think L4L is Lana's crown jewel (thus far). It's kind of an incorporation of her previous efforts matched with a new lyrical style. I've been listening to 13 Beaches all morning on repeat and honestly think it's up there with Old Money and Cruel World as one of her most lyrically beautiful songs. 

SpookyKid

I think she wont ever top Ultraviolence 

But L4L is a step up from Honeymoon, I mean, I like Hm, but its too bland

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

takemetovenus
3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

We all know Honeymoon is Lana's Magnum Opus

:air: Imagine actually thinking this

OT: Definitely a step forward, it's classic Lana but she wrote on a lot of themes and styles that she hasnt done too much with before. Not to mention the overall production has a lot of electronic and hip-hop influences

LanaticMonster

I really have mixed feelings towards LFL. One moment I feel it's Lana's best work yet, another moment I feel it's her worst album. :hmm:

I've spent my days in deep regret, but I wanna forgive and forget

whore

Lust For Life is a step back; reason being: she's returning to a hip-hop sound on some songs, which is reminiscent of her old songs like "Roses," "Ridin'," and "Beautiful Player." She's also going back to Honeymoon like vibes on the last quarter of the album, and Ultraviolence vibes with "Cherry." She said this album was for the fans, and it truly is just a dedication to her previous work with no new direction. 

However, it is a huge change in direction if you consider the lyrical content now being positive compared to the depressive lyrics she previously wrote. 

sipthistea
2 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

You lost me at the first 5 words. bye

But it's true :oprah:

ItsTommyBitch

It's a step forward melodically, conceptually, and lyrically compared to both Honeymoon and Ultraviolence. Honeymoon is a beautiful record, one of my faves, but while I personally appreciate its pace, I know it is highly alienating to the GP and many others, esp. fans of BTD and some even of UV.

UV is still ha Magnum Opus though :sis: 

If she had removed Summer Bummer + Groupie Love in favor of two more ballads, it mightve been equal or better I believe.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

TeenIdle
3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

But it's true :oprah:

To you. To me it's her weakest work

Anderson123

I have yet to listen to the album in full. I was never a fan of Lana, I listened to Born To Die and got bored to death so I ignored everything about her. That until I listened to High By The Beach, I listened to that song and I actually liked it, gave Ultraviolence a listen since it looked like a dark album, I don't really remember that much about it but I liked Brooklyn Baby. 

Anyway, I started ignoring her again until Lust for Life (song) came out, I listened to it and liked it. Then Summer Bummer and Groupie Love came out and I also liked them, I've been listening to those songs all week so I'm probably becoming sort of a casual listener now. I feel like I want to give Ultraviolence ans Honeymoon another chance. 

I will say tho that Honeymoon is much more cohesive than Lust For Life. It feels like this new album is a collection of songs and not a full realized concept. 

@ OP, Honeymoon is her magnum opus? That's cancelled. I think this is after or even up to par with Ultraviolence, and i'm a die. hard. UV stan. Like, have stood by it as one of my favorite albums of all time since the leak. It's a step up from honeymoon for sure. 

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

Archived