💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Wish Gaga Was an "Excellent" Dancer?

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
4 minutes ago, Jed said:

I'm sorry but it's this kind of delusion that makes everyone dislike us.
Single Ladies was everywhere. Bad Romance was Thriller influenced which is absolutely not the same thing as being on par with it. It's nowhere near as difficult to do.

Everyone here hates on Beyonce but then says Gaga is AS GOOD as a dancer as she is? Girl they're on a similar vocal level but Beyonce and her dancing are on a whole other level

That is my mistake, I overlooked Single Ladies. No need to descend into hysterics...

I did not say Bad Romance was 'on par' with Thriller. I said it was in the same realm. Is it equally as iconinc? No. Is it an iconic dance and video? Yes. It was inspired by Thriller and paid off. 

I'm not even hating on Beyonce. I honestly do not look at both Gaga and Beyonce and think 'Gaga is a much [better or worse] dancer compared to Beyonce.' I don't see much difference, sorry. I'm not going to split hairs here to decide who is 'better'. 

Anything else you'd like to freak out about? I will say, it's impressive how you took a relatively simple discussion and make Beyonce a martyr out of it somehow...:madge:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IndieKylie said:

That is my mistake, I overlooked Single Ladies. No need to descend into hysterics...

I did not say Bad Romance was 'on par' with Thriller. I said it was in the same realm. Is it equally as iconinc? No. Is it an iconic dance and video? Yes. It was inspired by Thriller and paid off. 

I'm not even hating on Beyonce. I honestly do not look at both Gaga and Beyonce and think 'Gaga is a much [better or worse] dance compared to Beyonce.' 

Anything else you'd like to freak out about? I will say, it's impressive how you took a relatively simple discussion and make Beyonce a martyr out of it somehow...:madge:

Do I look upset to you? source.gif

SlayGagaloo
9 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

This is a choreographed dance, not unlike what Gaga performs. Again, I'm still at a loss as to what you're on.

OH COME ON !! :toofunny:

Over.

6 minutes ago, Jed said:

I'm sorry but it's this kind of delusion that makes everyone dislike us.
Single Ladies was everywhere. Bad Romance was Thriller influenced which is absolutely not the same thing as being on par with it. It's nowhere near as difficult to do.

Everyone here hates on Beyonce but then says Gaga is AS GOOD as a dancer as she is? Girl they're on a similar vocal level but Beyonce and her dancing are on a whole other level

First BR is not thriller influenced, those two are untouchable and unredoable. 

That said 

Gaga is not a trained dancer like Beyoncé is, and Beyoncé can certainly out dance her but if Gaga puts in efforts she's basically the only popular pop girl aside from Ciara who can move next to Beyoncé 

YeehawKylie
Just now, Jed said:

Do I look upset to you? source.gif

"I'm sorry but it's this kind of delusion that makes everyone dislike us."
"Bad Romance was Thriller influenced which is absolutely not the same thing as being on par with it. It's nowhere near as difficult to do."
"Everyone here hates on Beyonce but then says Gaga is AS GOOD as a dancer as she is?" 

I'd say hysterical more than angry. All you had to say was 'what about single ladies' and I would've admitted I was incorrect in that instance. I'd hate to see how you react to someone actually disliking Beyonce. 

Whispering

Gaga is a good dancer, better than the majority of artists.

She's an excellent vocalist, musician, songwriter, overall artist....those are things I care about more! 

YeehawKylie
1 minute ago, SlayGagaloo said:

OH COME ON !! :toofunny:

I'm mostly discussing Bruno in this instance. I don't see what is special about his dancing at all. Half of that is him moving with dancers around him....

11 minutes ago, Jed said:

the middle example is literally three hand motions that all of us can instantly replicate

That's just a part of the choreography, c'mon BR is a more complicated choreography than single ladies, single ladies had that hand wave that all of us can do too :madge:

Chromatic

A Lady Gaga performance is way more than just being an ''excellent dancer.'' 

tumblr_mfszoqcCu41rt1axeo1_500.gif

uSUxQUE.gif

tumblr_n7ypz8t5W31rh1zhbo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

its-important-to-stretch.gif

I mean.. Beyoncé who?

sipthistea

Gaga's an amazing singer songwriter, who dances well from time to time. She doesn't need to be a pro at everything. Beyoncé, for example, she's amazing at what she does. But she's not a songwriter ( and doesn't need to) 

Yuuri

She needs to find a balance among singing and danceable choreo. MTN has great choreo, but it's hard for her do both in the song. BR has a more simple choreo and should be easier to sing.

Cerny

I think the problem is her choreographer not Gaga, not even the professional dancers look that good in the performances. There's way too many moves and that ends up affecting the choreography, there's also lack of direction, most of the time the choreography looks sloppy and graceless. It works in music videos but live, it gets messy. Also, I think there's too many dancers around her.

You don't need complicated, flashy movements to show off your dance skills. The choreography in her early days (when she had Dina and Pepper) was great. The movements were firm, precise and interesting. Definitely better than whatever the hell Gaga and her dancers were doing at the Coachella festival and the Bad Romance performance (that thing looked like a flash mob) at the SBHS.

To answer the op, no. I can't wish for her to be an excellent dancer when there's nothing wrong with her, she's not the "problem" in my opinion.

TheBatman

She can pull off choreo sometimes, I think it depends on her focus and commitment. When she really works at it she can do it, but most of the time her movements are very cringy. She should take a dance class, stretch daily, and make fitness a lifetime part of her lifestyle, not just crash diet and work out right before an album comes out. Her dancing was it's best early in her career. 

GypsyBabe

She's a good dancer. Singing live really holds her back with regards to emphasis with her moves, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

⚯͛

Archived