💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like That Gaga...

leecy

Featured Posts

AJH219

This is the most idiotic thing I have EVER read on this site. Lady Gaga has garnered nothing but critical ACCLAIM from people who matter in the world (not some bitter gays on a cult site) by showcasing her stunning vocals the last few years. I am ten billion percent happy with he direction she is going into. Its the slow blooming of an ICON, one who doesn't rely on shock pop cultural moments to get attention. She's better than that now and I hope she never again reverts back to those old ways. She doesn't need too. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShockPop
48 minutes ago, leecy said:

You might have to re-read things I have said  if you believe you have to tell me all these

I said she seems to have got tired of being creative as she used to be

Creativity is evolution. Whether that's evolution of the voice or of performance.

blackpink

Oh boy. You started a war sis. 

You make an interesting argument but why don't we have both qualities? 

She can be creative AND be a talented singer, which is what she is. She showed the world a new side to her ever since she released Cheek 2 Cheek.  She is more than just the meat dress girl or the girl who wears crazy outfits. She is an extremely talented singer. 

leecy
7 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

Oh boy. You started a war sis. 

You make an interesting argument but why don't we have both qualities? 

She can be creative AND be a talented singer, which is what she is. She showed the world a new side to her ever since she released Cheek 2 Cheek.  She is more than just the meat dress girl or the girl who wears crazy outfits. She is an extremely talented singer. 

I'm not trying to be mean trust me

but you're the 100th person making this "why don't we have both?" point

the answer is she has given up on being creative for a super long time

you can tell by watching her MVs and performances including the SBHTS

Can I assume you understand what I'm saying?

And to be honest,  what I want to say is totally different,  what I think is she is more than just a good singer, she is an extremely talented performing art artist 

To me the level of her vocal talent is no way near her talent on being creative 

She is just an unstable/ a lesser version of Whitney and Christina 

PopThatArt
On 7/21/2017 at 11:01 AM, leecy said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like that Gaga serves vocals too much these years?

I don't know how to explain this

but I'd rather her to be a Madonna than a Whitney Houston

she's better as a boundary-pushing artist than a vocalist

Sometimes I even don't want her to sing too flawlessly even when she can

it's just making her less attractive to me

I don't want her to seem so well-trained but I want her to be creative

thoughts?

She's already pushed limitless boundaries and has been exactly that - limitless as an artist, and with Joanne she continues pushing boundaries and being provocative, completely destroying the image of what "popstar" has come to mean in the past couple decades, everyone else making music is doing the same expected thing that is expected of "popstars" and what has made them "popstars", or rather household names and hot topics in pop culture and media, Gaga is going directly against the current, if Joanne was another ARTPOP or Born This Way or even The Fame Monster, undoubtedly, we'd still be having this conversation, but instead it would be about Gaga relying on what made her "famous" and what "got her attention". She continues to break the mold of what an artist, or what so many are concerned with - a popstar is, or can be, or rather should be. What exactly do you think or expect her to do? Wear all the Fame Monster and Born This Way or ARTPOP outfits over again and release the same kind of music every album? That would go directly against what you and so many other people wanting "the old Lady Gaga back" keep saying. Gaga has always been an innovator, changing the music game, she completely went against what everyone expected of her with Joanne. 

So what boundaries do you want her to push? What exactly else do you want her to do? 

giphy.gif

Go see A Star is Born

leecy
20 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

She's already pushed limitless boundaries and has been exactly that - limitless as an artist, and with Joanne she continues pushing boundaries and being provocative, completely destroying the image of what "popstar" has come to mean in the past couple decades, everyone else making music is doing the same expected thing that is expected of "popstars" and what has made them "popstars", or rather household names and hot topics in pop culture and media, Gaga is going directly against the current, if Joanne was another ARTPOP or Born This Way or even The Fame Monster, undoubtedly, we'd still be having this conversation, but instead it would be about Gaga relying on what made her "famous" and what "got her attention". She continues to break the mold of what an artist, or what so many are concerned with - a popstar is, or can be, or rather should be. What exactly do you think or expect her to do? Wear all the Fame Monster and Born This Way or ARTPOP outfits over again and release the same kind of music every album? That would go directly against what you and so many other people wanting "the old Lady Gaga back" keep saying. Gaga has always been an innovator, changing the music game, she completely went against what everyone expected of her with Joanne. 

So what boundaries do you want her to push? What exactly else do you want her to do? 

giphy.gif

Please don't make me feel bad for what I've said

cause I really think she's not creative anymore

I just feel strange to see her putting so much effort to make herself more and more replaceable

MyQueen
On 7/21/2017 at 7:02 PM, FlopSlurper said:

Talent is forever, beauty fades :tea: 

Not if you are me:reductive:

775010193_vb_0692_22885eedcea0705463e99b

LittleMonster20

I don't think us fans need to worry about losing the 'Gaga' side of Gaga.Sure,she has toned it down a little since the Artrave ended.Sure,Joanne was a whole different album then before.This was probably the most 'normal' era she has ever pulled of.But the SuperBowl showed us that she is still 'Gaga'.Same goes for Coachella,the Coachella interludes,The Cure,and The Cure photoshoot.She still is the creative,artistic woman we love,just a little toned down.And I'm sure she will release a full pop/EDM sooner or later.She is working on new music,and she will probably show us more Gaga-ness during the tour.But please,give her a break,and let her do what she loves.Dont worry,Gaga will return.And rememember that she still cares and loves us just as much,even though she interacts less with her fans.Lets just show her all the love and positivity we can,as humans,and as Little Monsters❤️

leecy
19 hours ago, itsjustlucarifc said:

This post still got me mad. :excuseu:

It's ok you're mad as long as you're still rational 

venusxillusion

I think C2C and Joanne have been rebirths for her after the chaos and mess of ARTPOP.  She hated the music industry, her manager and everyone else at that time and was dealing with a lot of personal issues.  Cheek To Cheek helped her rediscover her love of music and performing again, and she did it by reconnecting with the music she loved since she was young - classic standards and piano torch ballads.  Then she reconciled that with Joanne the album, drawing inspiration from her beloved aunt to help heal her heart/soul, just like how jazz and Tony helped heal her talent.  Because it's such a deep, personal record that is basically her going back to her roots as an artist and person, she is pretty unadorned with just the iconic pink hat and denim cutoffs.  She had to go through this to find herself again.  So I think she will be the wild, creative, avant garde Gaga again in due time, but it will be different, because she's much happier and more centered as a human being now.  She's learned to create music without being depressed, without being addicted and without having to please others.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but not all people's voices stay the same, whether that be to intentional changing of it, health reasons, or aging. Look at Madonna, her voice in Like A Virgin sounds absolutely nothing like most of her later material. Her voice changed a bit too, but she can still sound like her old self somewhat when she wants to. 

I've no doubt Gaga can sound similar to how she used to. But...I feel like she's found what ranges and tone work for the material she is currently writing. My ears would bleed if she dropped a song sounding like she did on Red and Blue. Her voice was not developed at that point IMHO. 

Archived