💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"Evolution of Gaga"

Reality

Featured Posts

Reality

Okay, this may just be me, maybe I'm just weird like this, but whenever you see an "Evolution of Lady Gaga" video, is it hard for anyone else "imagine Gaga evolving?"

So this question came to me when I watched this video:

And, mind you I've seen a lot of "Evolution of Lady Gaga"-esque videos, but this one had me questioning something...

Like, we all know Gaga has evolved and changed over the years, but does anyone else find it difficult sometimes to think that all these different "iterations" of Gaga are the same person? For me at least, it's not so much an evolution as it is different stages in her life. Like, for some reason I just can't imagine FameGa growing up into her Joanne era.

Her voice has changed so much, her style has definitely changed a lot, and every time I see these kinds of videos, I can't help but have a hard time realizing this is all the same person, but instead, it's like each era is defined by their own characteristics and every time she has a new era, it's like someone different.

I don't know if this made sense at all, it's hard to put it into words, but hopefully you guys understand what I'm trying to say :sweat:

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just weird? :icega:

🖤👹

Decodekid

i get your point, for example in the Joanne era i felt like i was being the fan of someone else. Is like she's done so much, and so much different stuff sometimes is hard to believe that this person is the same as 2008 or 2012 etc :wtfga:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Reality
3 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

i get your point, for example in the Joanne era i felt like i was being the fan of someone else. Is like she's done so much, and so much different stuff sometimes is hard to believe that this person is the same as 2008 or 2012 etc :wtfga:

Exactly! Even with her voice, like you know, disregard the outfits and stuff, but even her voice has changed so much that I always seem weird when I watch these "evolution" videos. Like, it doesn't even seem like it's the same person :sweat:

🖤👹

Decodekid
Just now, M Monstre said:

Exactly! Even with her voice, like you know, disregard the outfits and stuff, but even her voice has changed so much that I always seem weird when I watch these "evolution" videos. Like, it doesn't even seem like it's the same person :sweat:

and that's why whenever she sings her old songs my heart melts :diane:

ANDREWxGAGA

I agree but I always look at her as a person making art not the art defining her if that makes any sense.

SpookyKid
2 minutes ago, ANDREWxGAGA said:

I agree but I always look at her as a person making art not the art defining her if that makes any sense.

This, at the end of the day Lady Gaga is a very complicated forever changing art piece, but that change is controlled by Stefani

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

codymonster

I will say, I love her transition from using lots of back track, to now pretty much relying only on her vocals. I love hearing her voice clear since it's so powerful. :tony:

whore

I know what you mean. It doesn't feel like she's the same person. Listening to Born This Way isn't the same as listening to Joanne. I don't even think she would look the same if she tried to replicate her look from The Fame era. 

I personally have many different sides and I believe everyone including Gaga have that too. I feel like she just used different sides of her and exaggerates a particular side to create a new era. So it's kinda genuine and kinda an act. :classy: It's like the art's in pop culture in her. That being said ARTPOP era feels the most genuine to me. A little bitchy, a little cheesy, a little messy, a little shady, a lot of class.

TheRoof

i think that's because she's  versatile and  camaleonic but Faithful to her brand at the same time (if you know what i mean)

and she's the onlyy one this century like that :sis::firega::lana::tony:

Neight Shayde
40 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

is it hard for anyone else "imagine Gaga evolving?"

oh i totally understand what you mean!

but she prefaced her evolution during the born this way era. she compared herself to the way bowie was received when he transitioned from his Ziggy Stardust alter-ego, to just "plain" David Bowie. People were so angry that bowie changed his style.

She predicted that people will be so angry when she evolves. She knows everyone will like a specific era from her artistry and they will forever try to cling to it until she does go back, but she will never do that. She knew what would happen but she embraced it still because she believes in her artistry. She knows no bounds. 

EDIT:

Decodekid

And somehow that's how each era keeps on being interesting, you really don't know what to expect, like never 

49 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

THIS :toofunny:

Archived