Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Calling all filmmakers! Question About Monstervision Videos from 2012

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

Do you guys remember these videos:

I got an internship where I get to live in this really funky hotel/museum that was built in 1880 for three weeks and shoot a promo video. I really like the aesthetic from these Monstervision videos and Im wondering  if anyone knows what type of camera or filters these videos were shot with. Also, I do not have much film experience so I would appreciate any tips! Thanks!

Katie14
Just now, Supersonic said:

They were probably shot on Gaga's Blackberry cell phone. :emma:

Yea, the quality isn't good, but I like the vibe from the videos. 

Pacify Him

Try to find the camera and filters used in the movie called, Amelie.

I’m getting on your nerves

RadioIsOurs

It looks like the contrast and brightness is turned all the way up in editing

13 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

queen of 240p 'part 1' videos with no part 2 

Eighteen

parts of the no. 7 seems to be in some kind of sepia filter. but i would say using your iphone or something similar to shoot it could get you similar results, playing with the color and stuff, in whatever editor you should use. 

edit: i also think gaga used final cut pro for some of her monster visions iirc

Interlude

She recorded Monstervision on a Flip Ultra HD and the filters was probably something from iMovie. Watch reviews and decide if it's worth spending a little more for something better and more recording options. That camera was mostly popular in 2010 so its hasn't aged that well. The Flip is a fully automatic camera so you can't change the settings, its very run and go. I wouldn't worry about aesthetics/ filters since it can be replicated on nearly any camera

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Katie14
3 minutes ago, Tokyo said:

She recorded Monstervision on a Flip Ultra HD and the filters was probably something from iMovie. Watch reviews and decide if it's worth spending a little more for something better and more recording options. That camera was mostly popular in 2010 so its hasn't aged that well. The Flip is a fully automatic camera so you can't change the settings, its very run and go. I wouldn't worry about aesthetics/ filters since it can be replicated on nearly any camera

How do you know what she used?

Interlude
27 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

How do you know what she used?

Because I've owned one and you can see it in most of her mirror shots

9kpFO2A.png41s-ZcgRNmL.jpg

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Archived