Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are there still chances for Gaga?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

I don't know how to start this, so I'm gonna keep it short 

tEyHVUI.gif

Are there still chances for Gaga to have a smash hit? An excellent selling album? A worldwide stadium tour?

I mean... lbr, her hits span from 2008 to 2013* and her albums kept declining in sales. Also she is struggling to sell out 18k arenas (?).

tEyHVUI.gif

Can these things happen?

Can she still get 2 hits per era? Idk, smth like COADF era... Lead was a smash all voer the world, and the follow-up did amazing everywhere, unless USA, which is still ok.

Can she sell more albums that her previous one aka can LG6 sell more than 1.3M copies?

I'm aware that Joanne was one of the best-selling albums last year, but it seemed like a slight non-event outside of The States. Can she have a Lemonade/Divide kind of sales?

Can she do a Formation/Sticky & Sweet kind of tour where she is performing 80% in stadiums?

tEyHVUI.gif

Or has the ship sank?

tEyHVUI.gif

*MR was a success in America and TC was a nice small hit here and there, I'm talking about real hits aka Top 10 (why not Top 5 :diane:) all over the world.

Not flaimbaiting or ****, just want a real discussion.

tEyHVUI.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whore

Everyone has the chance to have the next #1 hit song, but the question is whether or not they want it. If she actually wrote hit material, and tried promoting it, she would definitely get another #1

If you notice, hit albums have 4-8 singles from them because of all of the promotion. If Joanne promo was similar to this, she would still be a huge pop star:

1. Perfect Illusion (9/9)

2. A-YO (10/7)

3. Million Reasons (11/8)

4. Dancin' In Circles (12/31)

5. John Wayne (2/8)

6. Sinner's Prayer (4/8)

7. The Cure (4/16)

8. Just Another Day (5/2)

Royksopp
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Are there still chances for Gaga to have a smash hit? An excellent selling album? A worldwide stadium tour?

she just had all of these this era :giggle:

Decodekid

I mean this era's singles weren't huge but Million Reasons and The Cure were 2 moderate hits 

specially The Cure, that **** is overplayed

Im Harol don't tell anyone

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Royksopp said:

she just had all of these this era :giggle:

Where are the worldwide smash and the stadium tour (she just has 5 dates in that kind of venues)?

tEyHVUI.gif

GypsyBabe

She could easily do what your are saying. She is just pushing her own personal artistic boundaries at the moment. 

⚯͛

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

She could easily do what your are saying. She is just pushing her own personal artistic boundaries at the moment. 

Does pushing your artistic boundaries has to result with underperforming? 

UHCjheu.gif'

Radio Ga Ga

She would need to collab with some kind of popular DJ and feature kendrick lamar

Music tides could turn though, when pop girls are in again, she might have a chance

But it all depends on if she wants to try or not

Reality

I mean, she definitely has the potential to get a #1 hit I mean The Cure with a surprise release (and granted with the modern "pop trendy" stuff it has) did well, especially considering that she literally had 0 promo for the song besides like 1 tweet about it.

Million Reasons also was moderately successful, but I think it wouldn't have been as successful than TC if TC had gotten proper promo—but that's an entirely different discussion.

To be honest though, I think she purposefully stayed away from getting a #1 hit and being uber successful. Sure, she could have easily made an album all full of songs like TC but she didn't. She consciously choose to make an album like Joanne knowing that it may not be amazingly successful, but it's what she wanted to make.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Reality
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Does pushing your artistic boundaries has to result with underperforming? 

UHCjheu.gif'

It does when it doesn't meet today's pop standard of music.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, M Monstre said:

It does when it doesn't meet today's pop standard of music.

These came to my mind first :rip: You don't really have to follow the current trend to get a hit? :oprah:

sweet spot
12 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

COADF

she can have a coadf-like era if she puts out a disco album :lolly:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, supercut said:

she can have a coadf-like era if she puts out a disco album :lolly:

I'd kill for an album with this kind of sound :giveup:

sweet spot
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'd kill for an album with this kind of sound :giveup:

imagine if she does something like hung up :giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

Reality
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

These came to my mind first :rip: You don't really have to follow the current trend to get a hit? :oprah:

Absolutely not, I'm not saying that you can't be successful if you don't follow the trends, I mean, Just Dance was new and different, but Joanne and today's music are like two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. 

It incorporates rock, folk, country, funk, etc. etc. It's eclectic and just isn't "modern" enough for a lot of people. It's a beautiful album, one of her bests, but when it's just soooooo different, then that's a different story. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Archived