Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Jase

Featured Posts

Dawson

Replaced the National Anthem album version with the album version+end of music video speech edit I made. It's so ****ing flawless :giveup:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P&C at #682, and the video has been all over the music channels over the past couple of weeks. Oh dear

Power and control single is being released on 22nd of July, I have no idea why she is taking so long to release it after the video when she is not promoting it at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__jKWoYH8

I guess this will be #1 a lot next month. Muse is already #7 on itunes

Jase

iTunes update

01. This Is Love (feat. Eva Simons) - will.i.am

02. Don't Wake Me Up - Chris Brown

03. Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa) - Maroon 5

04. Whistle - Flo Rida

05. Feel the Love (feat. John Newman) - Rudimental

06. Black Heart - Stooshe

07. Princess of China - Coldplay & Rihanna

08. Call My Name - Cheryl

09. Survival - Muse

10. Wide Awake - Katy Perry

11. We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe) - Fun.

12. There She Goes - Taio Cruz

13. Express Yourself - Labrinth

14. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

15. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

16. Drive By - Train

17. Scream - Usher

18. Ni**as in Paris - Jay-Z & Kanye West

19. My Kind of Love - Emeli Sandé

20. Picking Up the Pieces - Paloma Faith

21. Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa) - Maroon 5

22. Too Close - Alex Clare

23. Starships - Nicki Minaj

24. R.I.P. (feat. Tinie Tempah) - Rita Ora

25. Pound the Alarm - Nicki Minaj

26. Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - Gotye

27. Need You Now - Lady Antebellum

28. Remedy (feat. Ruth Anne) - Professor Green

29. The Power (feat. Dizzee Rascal) - DJ Fresh

30. Wild Ones (feat. Sia) - Flo Rida

31. Small Bump - Ed Sheeran

32. Titanium (feat. Sia) - David Guetta

33. Sing (Commonwealth Version) [feat. Military Wives] - Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band

34. No Church in the Wild (feat. Frank Ocean) - Jay-Z & Kanye West

35. Bangarang (feat. Sirah) - Skrillex

36. Chasing the Sun - The Wanted

37. This Is Love (feat. Eva Simons) - will.i.am

38. Back In Time (From "Men In Black III") - Pitbull

39. Oliver Twist - D'Banj

40. Lost My Way - Plan B

Bubbling Under

54. Bonfire - Knife Party

89. One More Night - Maroon 5

91. Summer of Love - Cascada

94. Get Free (Andy C Remix) - Major Lazer

StrawberryBlond

Can I just say that I am absolutely mystified that Payphone has been such a hit. How can the public take to such a soul-less, empty, uninteresting song with no hook or anthemic chorus and with a music video that in no way corrolates to the lyrics to boot? How did enough people buy this on a rush as soon as it was released with no promotion to get it to debut at #1? I've seen much better songs get tons of promotion before release and they sometimes struggle to get into the top ten. Oh, how I hate it when acts whose careers we thought were over long ago come right back out of nowhere and have hits again. And it's always men (perhaps with the exception of Carly Rae Jepsen). Once women's music careers are over, they're dead and buried. But it seems like men can re-ignitie their careers if they make an electro pop song these days and have a rugged appearance. And the public are sheep-like enough to give them a second chance and fall for their new generic sound.

saltface

Can I just say that I am absolutely mystified that Payphone has been such a hit. How can the public take to such a soul-less, empty, uninteresting song with no hook or anthemic chorus and with a music video that in no way corrolates to the lyrics to boot? How did enough people buy this on a rush as soon as it was released with no promotion to get it to debut at #1? I've seen much better songs get tons of promotion before release and they sometimes struggle to get into the top ten. Oh, how I hate it when acts whose careers we thought were over long ago come right back out of nowhere and have hits again. And it's always men (perhaps with the exception of Carly Rae Jepsen). Once women's music careers are over, they're dead and buried. But it seems like men can re-ignitie their careers if they make an electro pop song these days and have a rugged appearance. And the public are sheep-like enough to give them a second chance and fall for their new generic sound.

I dont want to come across as rude but you seem to just come in here to bash absolutely everything on the charts :toofunny:

StrawberryBlond

I dont want to come across as rude but you seem to just come in here to bash absolutely everything on the charts

It just so happens that there's a lot in the charts that I really disapprove of right now. I do say positive things when I feel like it. It just seems that the public is really obsessing over the dullest music right now and I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy because I just don't get how such mediocraty can be celebrated. I thought songs were supposed to deal with big emotions, not in between, mundane emotions with no passion. Quite frankly, I think the name Maroon 5 is very apt. Someone should take these five people and maroon them on a desert island with no boat, means of communication or recording equipment where we will never hear from them again until they start making music with some backbone.

StrawberryBlond

StrawberryBlond sure knows how to drag

I can be harsh, can't I? I'm such a good natured person to everyone but when it comes to celebrities who put themselves out there to be judged, I consider it well within my rights to drag. ;)

Unfortunately, I can't see 'National Anthem' going places, when 'Blue Jeans' didn't and it had promo on The Voice. I just hope the video can have a long-term impact and allow it to slowly rise. It'll be a shame if it's a dud, because it's probably the best song on 'Born To Die'. :(

Gaga.For.Gaga

I'm pleased but pretty surprised will.i.am has done so well with This is Love.

Can I just say that I am absolutely mystified that Payphone has been such a hit. How can the public take to such a soul-less, empty, uninteresting song with no hook or anthemic chorus

I agree. It's the worst wordwide super-popular song since Give Me Everything. Adam Levine launched it as US X factor host.

UK is really getting infested with hip hip pop this year, more than the US. Now Chris Brown and will.i.am are doing better over there, while America is finally getting into Elle Goluding and Guetta's Titanium.

Sexxx

It's pretty obvious that Lana Del Rey is an album artist, but I hate to see such amazing songs not doing well on their own :cry:

Archived