💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

HDD: Tidal Sales Numbers Are Questionable

merlot

Featured Posts

merlot

jay-z-4-44-cover1.jpg DBjlAo6XoAAnGMt.jpg

Some highly questionable numbers coming from Tidal—what in some quarters might be called “shenanigans”—are making it increasingly difficult to arrive at a clear projection on upcoming releases that derive a significant portion of their totals from streaming.

In the first week of wide release for Jay-Z’s 4:44, total reported streams to SoundScan were 122m, which was 68m more than the same streaming services reported to BuzzAngle. Similarly, two weeks prior, DJ Khaled won a race with Imagine Dragons for #1 when SoundScan logged 17m more streams than BuzzAngle. Industry insiders have confirmed that both Apple Music and Spotify, the leading steaming services with over 90% combined share, reported the same numbers to both chart services.

Chatter continues that Nielsen may change some of its rules, notably excluding free (but not ad-supported) streams; this would apply to the period when Khaled’s album appeared on Tidal in front of the paywall, where it generated no revenue but counted toward the chart. Amid all this noise there is a growing call from the industry to boot Tidal as a reporter to SoundScan—what numbers will they come up with next time?

Source:http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307581

n0ne

Honestly why does Tidal Wave even exist anymore?

giphy.gif

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

DeleteMyAccount

Wasn't Tidal suppose to give a voice to smaller acts, not the big guys? The service seems more like a personal promotional tool tbh.

merlot
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

Honestly why does Tidal Wave even exist anymore?

giphy.gif

to scam people :ladyhaha:

no but honestly who tf uses Tidal ? :awkney:

GagaMyBlood95

lol this is so obvious that it almost hurts

I hope they stop this because it's just ridiculous how they can fake all the streams and get those fancy certifications and call themselves successful or album sellers when in fact that's far from the truth

merlot
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Wasn't Tidal suppose to give a voice to smaller acts, not the big guys? The service seems more like a personal promotional tool tbh.

ikr!! the only people who are benefiting from Tidal are Jay-Z and his friends 

Radio Ga Ga
16 minutes ago, merlot said:

Amid all this noise there is a growing call from the industry to boot Tidal as a reporter to SoundScan

I felt butterflies in my stomach when I read this

This is such a good idea tbh :poot:

If what they said is true, I would be so mad because Imagine Dragons totally deserved that number 1 album more than Khaled

merlot
Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

I felt butterflies in my stomach when I read this

This is such a good idea tbh :poot:

If what they said is true, I would be so mad because Imagine Dragons totally deserved that number 1 album more than Khaled

it would be even better if they boot all streaming services  :pray:

Radio Ga Ga
Just now, merlot said:

it would be even better if they boot all streaming services  :pray:

If that happened earlier, Gaga would have gotten 5 number 1's this era tbh

ALGAYDO

We been knew that Tidal (along with Scam-Z) are ****ing with the charts :toofunny:

but ehh, I don't care about the charts so whatever. It's just kinda annoying seeing stuff like this happening lol 

Arturo

So Apple and Spotify's numbers were accurate to both Soundscan and Buzz Angle. Tidals streams aren't questionable. They're just flat out fraudulent.

merlot
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

So Apple and Spotify's numbers were accurate to both Soundscan and Buzz Angle. Tidals streams aren't questionable. They're just flat out fraudulent.

bingo 

Archived