💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Why Were People Pissed @ Ed Sheeran In GoT?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

I understand why Little Monsters would be pissed but why such a backlash?:toofunny:

SHALLOW

Because his scene and his character were honestly the most useless i've ever seen 

Nene Areola
1 minute ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Because his scene and his character were honestly the most useless i've ever seen 

so a cameo just to have a cameo :lolly:

btw,was his acting horrible bc it would be more of a mess :lolly:

Stef

He contributed **** all tbh. 

"Its a new one" ?? What the **** was that :air: 

It honestly reeked of a desperate promo ploy

Signature loading… 👹🖤

He8MyHeart

The scene didn't really add to the storyline of the show and was unnecessary.

SHALLOW
12 minutes ago, Nene Areola said:

so a cameo just to have a cameo :lolly:

btw,was his acting horrible bc it would be more of a mess :lolly:

Yes it was awful and unnatural

Pablo

It was awkward to see a pop star show up in the GoT universe, he pretty much looked the same as he does IRL and they could have given him a wig or something.

Don't visit my profile

littlepotter
44 minutes ago, He8MyHeart said:

The scene didn't really add to the storyline of the show and was unnecessary.

There have been countless more unnecessary scenes. This one actually was good.

32 minutes ago, Pablo said:

It was awkward to see a pop star show up in the GoT universe, he pretty much looked the same as he does IRL and they could have given him a wig or something.

Basically this. Poor thing didn't do anything really, his presence just destroyed the vibe of the show and it would have been the same for any other celeb cameo of that caliber. At least they could have like... not made him sing :rip:

49 minutes ago, androiduser said:

never hear about this?

We made him quit twitter... the GoT fans made him delete his handle :toofunny:

chaeri pls

Panchecco

well I think it was mainly because his character could have been played by literally anyone and that a lot of people were kinda over the fact that HBO seemed to have used his cameo to promote the show when it's pretty obvious that GOT doesn't need Ed Sheeran's to get people to tune in (?) :huh:

having him on the premiere had a lot of people (the media) talking about his "first acting role" instead of what actually went down during the episode :shrug: and I mean he literally had two lines and sang for 30 seconds... why have a pop star doing it when it could have been someone random considering his character doesn't seem to have an arc 

jensentyy

I don't think the scene was unnecessary. Not that important to the main story maybe, but definitely not useless. If anything, it shows the negative effects of war has on all parties, whoever you are fighting for. In every war, it is not as simple as us against the bad guys. In most cases, the "enemy" (which in this scene, the Lannister troops) are not monsters, but human beings like you and I with families and loved ones as well. It could perhaps teach Arya an important lesson: that just because a person is fighting for the opposite side or has different ideas does not make them any less human. 

Besides, the song Sheeran sang has its significance in the books as well. This is coming from someone who has no love for that singing ginger. Yes, it is a cameo for the sake of a cameo. But the scene was not bad as people claim it to be. There is hardly any significant acting involved for him to ruin the scene, and people are just hating for the sake of hating.

SHALLOW
40 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

well I think it was mainly because his character could have been played by literally anyone and that a lot of people were kinda over the fact that HBO seemed to have used his cameo to promote the show when it's pretty obvious that GOT doesn't need Ed Sheeran's to get people to tune in (?) :huh:

having him on the premiere had a lot of people (the media) talking about his "first acting role" instead of what actually went down during the episode :shrug: and I mean he literally had two lines and sang for 30 seconds... why have a pop star doing it when it could have been someone random considering his character doesn't seem to have an arc 

They registered 16 million views because of him. Don’t you think his whole fanbase watched the episode? They probably wouldn’t have achieved this number without it 

7 hours ago, theahsfan said:

I understand why Little Monsters would be pissed but why such a backlash?:toofunny:

This fanbase has no reason to be pissed. 

5 hours ago, jensentyy said:

I don't think the scene was unnecessary. Not that important to the main story maybe, but definitely not useless. If anything, it shows the negative effects of war has on all parties, whoever you are fighting for. In every war, it is not as simple as us against the bad guys. In most cases, the "enemy" (which in this scene, the Lannister troops) are not monsters, but human beings like you and I with families and loved ones as well. It could perhaps teach Arya an important lesson: that just because a person is fighting for the opposite side or has different ideas does not make them any less human. 

Besides, the song Sheeran sang has its significance in the books as well. This is coming from someone who has no love for that singing ginger. Yes, it is a cameo for the sake of a cameo. But the scene was not bad as people claim it to be. There is hardly any significant acting involved for him to ruin the scene, and people are just hating for the sake of hating.

theahsfan
29 minutes ago, Doot said:

This fanbase has no reason to be pissed. 

Yes we do, Ed was inferring that Gaga was irrelevant a while ago in an interview:toofunny:

Archived