Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I miss ARTPOP era

merlot

Featured Posts

merlot

i'm feeling extra nostalgic today :neyde:

i miss ARTPOP era so much, i know a lot of bad $hit happened back then but still it was "eventful" and there was always something to talk about

now i feel like we're left in the dark and only talk about some twitter rumors :selena:

anybody feels the same? am i a bit too dramatic? :interestinga:

Kermit
4 minutes ago, merlot said:

but still it was "eventful"

are we gonna just ignore that 4-6 month fall-off-radar wannabe-hiatus that occurred after DWUW had became a single and we were wondering where tf it was and Gaga did this whole cannot-get-to-the-phone-right-now-leave-a-message-at-the-beep-type **** until around late feb or early march 2014 to announce GUY being a single and thaT she was excited to go on tour soon

not even counting the pre-ARTPOP blackouts that we used to have where she would change her pic to some blank cryptic bullshit and she'd go without tweeting or posting for about 2-3 months and only come back to tweet something rlly stupid

and then never added more dates bc she abandoned the era for c2c which was kinda nice bc bobby became her manager, she'd won a grammy and she seemed a bit happier and chill

:poot: the already posted era was a lot of things, but hy i kinda miss the rush that my 14 year old body had the night of my birthday back in november when i went to go get a copy of ARTPOP

or when i was at school and googled lady gaga bc she said she'd reveal the cover and i remember basically sick to my stomach when i saw it

or when i told a girl i'd buy JB's new album if she bought ARTPOP and that was a damn lie bc i aint spending money on that bullshit

or the night Aura leaked

or the Beats by dre commercial featuring DWUW as an announcement as a new single and then me flipping my **** when i found out she collaborated with the king of r&b R.Kelly. 

or when the applause video had fake leaks

237438_735x390.jpeg

or when she had a release date time schedule for its music video

Lady-Gaga-Applause-Music-Video-Release-T

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Talent

It's just nostalgia, girl. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Tom Nook

rose-colored glasses gurl, you can say that for every album era. ARTPOP was fun until the album was released  :giveup:tumblr_mxgtyxYcOS1subjf7o1_400.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

whore
25 minutes ago, Kermit said:

when i was at school and googled lady gaga bc she said she'd reveal the cover and i remember basically sick to my stomach when i saw it

This :selena:

SiliconeMonster

I feel nostalgic sometimes too. I miss her experimentalness from TF, success from TFM and BTW eras, her carefreeness from ARTPOP and her genuine joy during CTC. Looking back though, each era had a lot of ups and downs and I'm grateful where she's ended up. ARTPOP almost sent her down a dangerous path so I'm glad things worked out how they did. Let's be honest, that era was a genuine mess for her personal life and career. I think her recent eras have given her a chance to recover from such an unpleasantly eventful time of her life at times. Who knows, maybe she'll come back around to a more public era in the future.

Find your freedom in the music

Ferrer Zorola

Joanne era is better tbh but it's obviously not better than BTW and not even close to TF+M

things could have been better for Auntie J if she had promoted several songs instead of MR here MR there MR this MR that. But at the same time that brought her a top 5 single so who knows

LIFE IS GOOD

FilthyPOP414

I miss the artRave and regret not going to hear Partynauseous live, that's when the true ARTPOP era started for me, right when she released GUY

Tom Nook
1 minute ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

I miss the artRave and regret not going to hear Partynauseous live, that's when the true ARTPOP era started for me, right when she released GUY

Interesting enough that's literally what she said on littlemonster.com (that's little monsters dot com *wink*) back in January of 2014

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FilthyPOP414
11 minutes ago, Alolan Raichu said:

Interesting enough that's literally what she said on littlemonster.com (that's little monsters dot com *wink*) back in January of 2014

She made it come true for me, I love the ARTPOP film and I still love PARTYNAUSEOUS, it's my favorite fast song by hers right after Scheiße. She delivered a promise after all 😢

merlot
48 minutes ago, Kermit said:

are we gonna just ignore that 4-6 month fall-off-radar wannabe-hiatus that occurred after DWUW had became a single and we were wondering where tf it was and Gaga did this whole cannot-get-to-the-phone-right-now-leave-a-message-at-the-beep-type **** until around late feb or early march 2014 to announce GUY being a single and thaT she was excited to go on tour soon

was it actually 4-6 months hiatus or you're exaggerating cuz i don't remember it was that long :awkney:

39 minutes ago, Alolan Raichu said:

rose-colored glasses gurl, you can say that for every album era. ARTPOP was fun until the album was released  :giveup:tumblr_mxgtyxYcOS1subjf7o1_400.gif

:selena:

24 minutes ago, deadauntmonster said:

I feel nostalgic sometimes too. I miss her experimentalness from TF, success from TFM and BTW eras, her carefreeness from ARTPOP and her genuine joy during CTC. Looking back though, each era had a lot of ups and downs and I'm grateful where she's ended up. ARTPOP almost sent her down a dangerous path so I'm glad things worked out how they did. Let's be honest, that era was a genuine mess for her personal life and career. I think her recent eras have given her a chance to recover from such an unpleasantly eventful time of her life at times. Who knows, maybe she'll come back around to a more public era in the future.

good point, i feel like she needed the joanne era to recover but i hope that doesn't mean that the future eras are gonna be the same 

Kermit
Just now, merlot said:

was it actually 4-6 months hiatus or you're exaggerating cuz i don't remember it was that long :awkney:

It was 4 months tops and felt longer because we had a single that was doing well, an announced music video with teasers and hype and no Gaga. End of first month ; she said she's getting it out don't worry. Second month ; lolwut. Silent. Third month ; we'd come to the conclusion that there were serious issues with the video and maybe she was re-shooting it with Xtina's version. Still silent. (December-Jan). Fourth ; lol yall aint gettin a MV srry kids. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

I remember watching the SwineFest livestream :selena:

Her sabotaging her own era by performing better versions of half her album, posting extremely long snippets of others, releasing 3 other songs, etc leaving ARTPOP with only one-two "new" songs on release :selena:

Pictures

I miss it too, so much. I remember watching the swinefest livestream alone at a family reunion, and how the album leaked on ''dia de muertos'' and i listened to it so excited on my grandma's tomb, gaga's looks were everything and she was full of energy always even though she was very depressed. RIP A-R-T-P-O-P 

Archived