question

Gaga's Saddest Song?

arrtpop

Featured Posts

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

Obviously Dope and Speechless are very sad songs. 

But I also think the Cure is a sad song if you think of it as a dedication to Sonja. 

That is why I created a video for it

simpleworldme

For me it's Gypsy, mostly because of the fan meaning behind it and that it was the last song performed at the artRAVE. :unicorn:

Dilated, falling free. In a modern ecstasy

TEANUS

Dope and Speechless

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Ziggy

Princess Die or Til it Happens to You and if we're extending it to CTC Lush Life. I mean, ****, PD is just...the way she sings it with such a melancholy, to me, beats out the power vocals of some of her other ones. It's just...quiet, it's very haunting. Who knows what it would have sounded like on an album version, though. Til it Happens to You is terrible because you can hear her heart breaking as she says those lyrics. Yeah, you hear it in Dope (which I find to be the next saddest followed by Angel Down), but she encases it in theater a bit whereas in TIHTY you can almost hear her voice crack. ****.

FfFfFfFF

Acoustic songs/ ballads are sad songs because that's what they are meant to be, but it's more interesting to think about how upbeat songs can have a sad meaning or still be emotionally charged (ARTPOP songs and Marry The Night, The Edge of Glory, Hair, maybe Paparazzi,)

Archived