Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
other

The Truth About Poppy (Some Receipts Included)

other

Featured Posts

AIex   Paws Up 2,810
AIex

x0ROpST.png

Hello, hunties! :stalkga: I am AIex, probably best known for my thread on the gayness of Abraham Lincoln, and my receipts thread that happened when it was taken down. Today, I am finally making a thread to dish the tea on the "Poppy" trend, the history, and why I don't stan her. This is so I can stop having to make a rant every time she pops up in Hot Topics, and I can just pull this thread link up instead. Heres the basics:

[That] Poppy: Born Moriah Rose Pereira in Nashville, Tennessee. She's presumably 21 right now. Character birthday on January 1. :stalkga:
Titanic Sinclair: Born Corey Michael Mixter in Saginaw, Michigan. He's presumably 29 right now. Character birthday on February 22. :madge:
Mars Argo: Born Brittany Alexandria Sheets in Saginaw, Michigan. She's presumably 30 right now. Character birthday on April 20 :gaycat:

Now here's the story, there's a lot of **** to go over so it will be a bit long...

6WeTHvY.png

It all started when Titanic Sinclair and Mars Argo created a YouTube channel called 'grocerybagdottv' back in early 2009. They originally started doing vlog videos but decided to restart when YouTube introduced its copyright system. Titanic started getting into music/production when he started doing background music for their new "video blogs" (later renamed "Computer Show" with a strictly white background theme). People quickly got hypedT for music from him, and so he and Mars started working on an album called Technology Is a Dead Bird together, with narration from a female text to speech voice. They were a perfect YouTube couple with a storyline about being time travelers from 2012 meant to spread peace, but what nobody knew at the time, was that Titanic was physically abusive. He starting hitting her in 2009 and remained violent throughout the duration of their relationship. They pretended everything was normal, they adopted a pet dog named Winston and a pet cat named Leeman, and they continued making music. While 'Technology' was more Titanic-relevant, their 2011 EP 'Linden Place' plus releases following were more Mars-relevant, featured a lot more vocals and writing on her part, etc. It was a lot more personal to her and featured lines about her family life and relationships. 

The first song she wrote that raises concerns about her relationship with Titanic, was 2013's "Runaway Runaway", which alluded to emotional abuse from Titanic and pressures to sell out for a record label. It was also their last song released, not counting a remake of the Linden song "Using You" which was recorded in the same sessions. They continued doing Computer Shows together through the beginning of 2014, including the iconic 'Delete Your Facebook'. Their last Computer Show followed that episode, titled 'Day of Retribution' (May 29th 2014), featuring Mars and Titanic separately reciting the manifesto of the same name. Mars actually serves in that video tbh, so peacefully cussing about plans to kill sorority girls. :diane: They silently disappeared off of YouTube, and their entire channel was mysteriously cleared, leaving only Delete Your Facebook, the "Runaway Runaway" music video, and the "Using You" music video. He wrote an album 'I Have Teeth' blaming her for the split, and the first track on it "Hero" samples her song "Beauty is Empty" and accuses her of being the one who cheated.

But the truth is, Titanic cheated on Mars, and then Mars caught them. (No it wasn't Poppy or anyone we know). Mars broke up with him and took a trip to Japan where she began modeling for a Nylon JP-sponsored fashion brand called Little Sunny Bite, as Titanic began erasing the work they made together. She had plans to release a death pop album called Guppy Feels (she still owns the rights to guppyfeels.com) with a darker tone, and did photoshoots with the Computer Shows cinematographer Tony Katai, but cancelled when Titanic found out and wrote a song about her called "Guppy". He also wrote a single "Trust Fund" accusing her of being greedy for cash, because of the fact that she changed the passwords on their accounts together, meaning only she would continue getting money from the project.

When Mars was in Japan (prior to Mars changing passwords), Titanic began releasing videos with Poppy, who he and Mars did bgv vocals in a song with earlier that year. He somehow convinced Poppy/Moriah to delete all of her stuff and come do the That Poppy project, which completely mocks Mars, the way she looks, the way she talks, and her video concepts. There is a character Charlotte in her videos, who is a rip off of the Technology is a Dead Bird character/narrator Connie. Mars has been referenced very frequently in the Poppy universe. Three of Poppy's earliest in-character videos were a crude cartoon series called 'Everybody Wants to Be Poppy' in promotion of the song with the same name, and stars a purple themed version of Poppy, a green themed version of Titanic named Rex, and a red themed version of Mars named Phoebe. Phoebe is the only one that has an appearance based on the real life counterpart, featuring Mars' signature side swept short hair and bunny ears from Delete Your Facebook. Poppy kept up the bunny symbolism in later videos, which references the "Runaway Runaway" music video. In 'Inflatable Surprise', she blows up an inflatable bunny balloon. In 'What Do Your Dreams Feel Like', she wears a bunny suit and describes the outdoorsy aesthetic of the 'Runaway' music video. There is also heavy use of the number '3:36', the length of Mars' 2013 unreleased (she didn't want it out but Titanic and Tony posted it anyway without her approval in 2015 to force her in the project) video 'Everybody Wants it All', where she wears a black sweater and coughs up black blood. Poppy later released a video where there are two Poppys in black shirts, and one of them bleeds from the mouth, titled 'Oh No!'. 

Poppy's music takes it even further. "Lowlife" is remarkably similar to "Using You" sonically. "Money" follows the same path as "Trust Fund" in talking about Mars's money issues. "Altar" refers to Mars leaving Titanic generally, and "American Kids" acts as a sequel to "Runaway Runaway". "Runaway" includes the line 'I wish I was a dumb popstar', to which "American Kids" responds 'I'm a dumb popstar in my own right'. She has even written a song named after "Everybody Wants it All", which is slated to appear on her debut album with "Computer Boy", "Let's Make a Video", "Interweb" etc. Poppy is basically just a huge middle finger that Titanic's giving to Mars, saying he doesn't need her.

Mars has publicly confirmed that she has post traumatic stress disorder, due to her relationship with Titanic as a whole. She wants to return to music, but she doesn't want Titanic or Poppy attached to her name. She's likely to return by her real name as Brittany. She confirmed on Tumblr friday that she is still writing music, and uses Tumblr to post once or twice a month, or answer asks privately more often.

HpPcTXv.png

This is a controversial topic. Don't come for me saying its fake, because its not. Last year, a guy I know from Discord, named Caleb, hacked Titanic, which resulted in the leakage of Mars' 2012-14 unreleased songs "Be Easy", "Hear Me Out", "Sheraton", "Me Today", and 2009 demos from Technology era for "Electric Car" and "Suicide Birds" (aka Mixdown). Don't come for me saying all those tracks were from separate sources, they were not, they just leaked separately because of petty drama bullshit between Discord users, and I received them all in a bunch at the beginning of March, prior to their leak. I'll admit, I was partly responsible for the leaks because of my trading obsession, but whatever, thats besides the point. Along with those songs, Caleb the hacker also discovered their email dms. These were leaked by my friend Olliver but generally forgotten about because Caleb lied that they were fake and convinced the entire fanbase they weren't real, when they were. He just thinks that Titanic should be let off the hook, just because the hitting was in 2009. Its bullshit. These dms were between Mars and Titanic in 2014 during their breakup. Titanic is the 'me' / darker colored text boxes and Mars is 'Brittany' / the white colored text boxes Here you go.

QRisJEC.jpgWO5YD1J.jpgC8hZ9BM.jpg

aift6Cd.png

Mars cameoed in a short film called 'Wrestling Isn't Wrestling' directed by her close friend Max Landis in 2015. He posted this rant on Twitter last year, confirming that Titanic was the one who took stuff down. I've also seen evidence such as Titanic contacting someone before their reuploads disappearing, a guy who filmed them performing at SXSW saying Titanic told them to take it down around the same time, etc, but I don't have all of that saved. Some of these tweets are still up, here:chica:

DFX_iwR3QQmSCzrI8UW7eRmoYv26GIBVp0k7MXlf

---

Buy Runaway Runaway on iTunes tbh

• Like 12
  • YAAAS 2

AIex   Paws Up 2,810
AIex
Just now, JR Gg said:

Who? :selena:

You may have noticed Poppy showing up on the forums every few minutes or so

:madge:

• YAAAS 1

gagaohlala   Paws Up 570
gagaohlala

Well that Poppy thing is everything about MK Ultra Mind Control symbolism, that's clear, and that's all I know. I don't need to know more. It's what she's selling and that's just evidence. 

donutellha   Paws Up 12,131
donutellha

also i used to love their little art experiment thing, but titanic is a ****ing ****

there was a rando youtuber out there who calculated morissa's (poppy's) actual age (through a PUBLIC old fan q&a) , and if true, titantic went through his private facebook and threatened the youtuber about his dead aunt, which is CRAZY.

like keep your art exhibit fun, but at this point I wonder if there is ANY consensual creative input from Poppy.

Edited by donutellha
  • Like 3

ZiggyZiggs   Paws Up 7,612
ZiggyZiggs

wow you spent a lot of time on this didn't you :selena: 

• Like 2

Koben   Paws Up 780
Koben

You have trading obsession but you choose to trade those things instead of Gaga's stuff :selena:

• Like 8
  • LMAO 1

Tokyo   Paws Up 2,407
Tokyo

Thanks for this! Became obsessed with Mars around the time of the leaks. Was happy to read a proper fleshed out version of what happened :happy:

• Like 4

Decodekid   Paws Up 14,050
Decodekid

just before i read let's just take a moment to appreciate the banner of the thread and how organized it is :golfclap:

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1

AIex   Paws Up 2,810
AIex
4 minutes ago, Koben said:

You have trading obsession but you choose to trade those things instead of Gaga's stuff :selena:

If I misworded it, I meant that I had the songs from Caleb and traded with them for other **** :diane: Its this whole soundcloud trading agenda

I didnt get the songs from trading if thats how it sounded

donutellha   Paws Up 12,131
donutellha

Also if these leaked reciepts prove to be genuine, he better FCKING NOT BE DOING ANYTHING TO POPPY

(due to their lack of hype/ success in her career, because they couldn't build up hype on the novelty of the rest of the bubble bath EP to prove her as an 'artist', and that her label dropped her and blocked her from her VEVO)

(there are also receipts on his old arrest records, i forgot! :selena: )

Edited by donutellha
  • Like 1

Koben   Paws Up 780
Koben
2 minutes ago, AIex said:

If I misworded it, I meant that I had the songs from Caleb and traded with them for other **** :diane: Its this whole soundcloud trading agenda

I didnt get the songs from trading if thats how it sounded

I get it, I'm feel better now :diane:

Ryusei   Paws Up 4,950
Ryusei

Can we also mention how much better titanic looked in their first video? Like daaam he was fine af and now he looks like a real creep.. what he essentially is. thanks for this whole write-up!

• Like 3

AIex   Paws Up 2,810
AIex
7 minutes ago, donutellha said:

Also if these leaked reciepts prove to be genuine, he better FCKING NOT BE DOING ANYTHING TO POPPY

(due to their lack of hype/ success in her career, because they couldn't build up hype on the novelty of the rest of the bubble bath EP to prove her as an 'artist', and that her label dropped her and blocked her from her VEVO)

On the topic, a year ago Poppy uploaded a Line dance video, and it was unlisted because people saw bruises on her legs and assumed Titanic did something to her.

5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Can we also mention how much better titanic looked in their first video? Like daaam he was fine af and now he looks like a real creep.. what he essentially is. thanks for this whole write-up!

I should also just side note that he was arrested twice in 2010
First time for driving without a license & past the speed limit
Second time for unknown crime
mugshot.jpg

• Like 4