🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Germany won't limit refugee number, says Merkel

politics

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 5,145
Melech

"CNN)German Chancellor Angela Merkel has ruled out setting an upper limit on refugees coming to Germany, defying her long-term coalition partner on an issue that threatens to open up a rift between the country's ruling political parties just two months before federal elections.

"On the issue of an upper limit, my position is clear," Merkel said in an interview broadcast live on Germany's ARD on Sunday. "I won't accept one."

Merkel will need the support of the Christian Social Union -- the more conservative sister party to Merkel's Christian Democratic Union -- in order to remain Chancellor after September elections.

On Monday, CSU leader Horst Seehofer reiterated his party's pledge to make the limit on refugees a reality.

"The cap is and remains a goal of the CSU," Seehofer said, although he refused to make the issue a red line in a coalition deal -- a softening of his previous stance. 

In an interview in December, Horst Seehofer, head of the CSU, promised a cap of 200,000 refugees per year if his party is in a coalition government after the election. 

It's the second public disagreement between the two parties in less than a month. Merkel abandoned her long-held position against same-sex marriage in June, opening the door for a vote on the issue in the German parliament, which passed just a few days later. 

Some CSU politicians responded angrily. Hans Reichhart, member of the regional parliament in Bavaria, southern Germany, told Deutsche Welle that the CDU and CSU had made an agreement not to act on the issue during this parliament, which lasts until the election in September. "This agreement was broken," he said.

"We're seeing a good division of labor between the CDU and the CSU," he told CNN. While Merkel makes her appeals to more liberal voters, the CSU can take the more conservative position on these controversial issues and appeal to a different group of voters."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/europe/germany-refugees-merkel/

thoughts?

ItsTommyBitch   Paws Up 7,746
ItsTommyBitch

Queen :applause: 

kvnrp   Paws Up 19,116
kvnrp

But do we still need the CSU :oprah:

PKW Maut, Refugee limit, Herdprämie, :saladga:

wojx xoxo   Paws Up 49
wojx xoxo

Better listen to Dihaj. ! 'Skeletons' for example.

• YAAAS 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,145
Melech
52 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

But do we still need the CSU :oprah:

PKW Maut, Refugee limit, Herdprämie, :saladga:

Verfassungsklage against the Ehe für alle :neyde:

• Like 1

benKo   Paws Up 1,181
benKo

If not the limit, something different has to happen... Can't continue like this. Too many rejected Asylumseekers or ones who should be rejected are still in the country. Immigrants who harass or at the worst case rape other people should be rejected and brought out immediatley. Thos who are sticking to the rules and respect our culture are perfectly fine and there are also many of them, but there are too much black sheeps. Merkel just saying "We got this" all the time, but not presenting a solution or trying to change something. 

Also:

Suddenly she is the "Queen" after voting against gay marriage :selena:

Sorry for the wall of text, this topic annoys me. Had to say this. 

Edited by benKo
  • Like 4

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 36,413
Morphine Prince

How can there be no limit though? 

The situation needs to be controlled. 

• Like 5

M Monstre   Paws Up 17,497
M Monstre

Even though I think it's a good thing for countries to accept refugees and immigrants, it definitely needs to be controlled. There can't be "no limit" because then the situation gets out of hand.

Allow them to enter, but control the situation, which I know, is a lot easier said than done. 

• Like 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,145
Melech
47 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

How can there be no limit though? 

The situation needs to be controlled. 

It means that she won't build up a wall at the borders of Germany like Hungary does. Or that Germany won't say: "Okay we accepted 200.000 refugees, Sorry the next ones aren't allowed anymore"

Funny though that the only limit that might happen is 200.000 and it's still more than most Western countries combined 

• Like 1

Melech   Paws Up 5,145
Melech
42 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Even though I think it's a good thing for countries to accept refugees and immigrants, it definitely needs to be controlled. There can't be "no limit" because then the situation gets out of hand.

Allow them to enter, but control the situation, which I know, is a lot easier said than done. 

But that what she means. Let them in, see the case of each person and then decide if they are granted asylum or not. But there is no quota that only number of refugees get asylum 

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

Qualle1   Paws Up 971
Qualle1

I was extremely pro refugees/asylum seekers, but this has unfortunately changed within the last couple of months...

:noparty: