Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-YO...

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

misunderstood

Nah no thanks. It's too country and I still don't get the love for it.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

Botch MR & PI are great songs.

Sorry, I should clarify. By great I meant that MR is a very easily acceptable song. It's got a nice melody that's easily found, good instrumental, relatable and easily understood message. Essentially, it's a pretty safe song.

PI, while I like the song a lot, has a lot of yelling, it goes at a breakneck pace, and only gets louder and louder. Plus, it's a grower and one of those songs that can't just slip onto radio at any time. MR can. So when I mean great, I didn't mean that PI wasn't but that there's more contentious opinion behind PI vs. MR.

plasticalice

I wish A-YO sounded more like the Coachella version with the drums. The regular version just sounds... flat. I love the melody, the lyrics, everything. It just sounds a bit off. The vocals on the chorus sound almost slowed down too..?

But anyways. Yes, it should have been the lead single with an awesome, fun music video. The Super Bowl countdown clips with A-YO were AMAZING. Can you imagine Gaga released a clip like that everyday leading up to the release? It would have been perfect.

I love Perfect Illusion but it shouldn't have been a single.

Phlop
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Why are people insisting that Perfect Illusion was the best single choice? It peaked at #15 before plummeting down the charts and radio barely played it. Gaga also didn't even perform it at Coachella or the Super Bowl. In fact she's performed it about four or five times in total, on TV shows in Japan or at a dive bar show that only the fans watched. I think even Mark Ronson admitted that he "crashed the car".

Stan the song all you want, but don't come at me with those lies. PI was a risk that didn't work out. Let's not delude ourselves.:lolly:

Exactly. Idk who's idea was to send PI to radio as you could tell Gaga wasn't even here for it when they asked her about it in interviews. She even insisted it was a Tame Impala song.

A-Yo is fun, has that Shake It Off meets Uptown Funk kick to it. It would have represented the album better too. And clearly Gaga likes performing it and we'd have a better video.

1. A-Yo (September-November)

2. Million Reasons (October-March)

3. Dancin' In Circles (March-July)

4. Joanne (Sent to radio to promote the tour)

And I think A-Yo and MRs promo could've been done together as she was already doing that. I think had MR followed a better lead, it wouldn't have been such an uphill battle for it to chart, probably could've even peaked at #1 and lasted in the top 10 longer than a week. Unfortunately, PI killed Gaga on radio so MR had a lot of work to do.

BYE

JohnWayne92

I completely agree, A-Yo would have been a huge song as the lead single. It would have braced everyone for what the album really was, while still being very radio friendly and catchy. 

SilkSpectre

Ayo would have killed at a lead single it's so good :rockstar:

i love PI and do think it makes a good lead but only if you're gonna use the promo to talk about Song the/ its meaning and inspiration and at the time of the release Gaga kept insisting it was about social media :awkney:

If she had just said it was about a breakup (she could have still refused to talk explicitly about her and Taylor) then I feel it would have taken off as a break up rage anthem.

TheSlash

I think PI as a lead single was just fine, but imo she should've had scrapped the idea of A-Yo being replaced by Hundred Trillion Reasons as the second single :neyde: :awkney: .

Ew, David!

HairBow

Honestly, I think either song (A-Yo or Perfect Illusion) would have been hit songs had promotion been done properly ...

Decodekid

Shade PI as much as you guys want, but there was no other lead single material in that album

Im Harol don't tell anyone

wahkeenasitka

At the very least, it should have been the 2nd single, not Million Reasons. 

11 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

...should have been the lead single.

Lady-Gaga-A-Yo-2016-3000x3000-1.jpg

Another top10 hit in the bag.

Another platinum single in the basket.

More performances.

Better video.

:diane:

Sorry, I'll never let go of the mess that was Joanne's lead single era 

635980202163326515-1188657690_1620b570-f

I agree 100%

Basically any of the following songs would have been better lead singles:

A-Yo, John Wayne & Dancin' in Circles. Diamond Heart and maybe Angel Down also could have been good singles. Perfect Illusion and Million Discounts were two of the biggest mistakes as singles.

Oh and just so you know, Perfect Illusion simply wasn't embraced by the GP. I was off-putting because it was very amateurishly written and repetitive. Streaming is a good indicator of what the GP enjoys and Perfect Illusion was doing HORRIBLY in streaming. She needed a bop that both, represents the theme of the album and still manages to keep Gaga's essence. A-Yo was exactly that kind of song. 

AndyDWUW

The Cure should've been the lead single of LG5 :lolly:

The EP featuring R&B and Electronic Pop music :tony:

RainingOnMe
12 hours ago, Slayer said:

I agree tbh. Perfect Illusion was a mistake. 'Excuse me no' me all you want, it's the truth.:ladyhaha:

PI is amazing but set false expectations for the album as a whole. Could've made a great promo single.

Archived