💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-YO...

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Earthling

I actually love A-YO so much! Lately it's the first song I play when I want to listen to Joanne! It's such a bop and it gets me bopping so hard when I'm walking down the street!

It pains me that Gaga never got the chance to make an MV for it so much that I've considered filming my own!!

I genuinely think it could have been the next 'Shake it off'! :woohoo:

As per usual single choices were a mess... :nails:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Million Reasons was a tragedy @ radios already back in November\December, God knows how worst it could have been if she promoted A-yo and Mr on tha radio at same time tbh :laughga: 

--

A-yo is cute... I think it would be awkward as the lead single but well Perfect Illusion was akward so...I don't know if it would change a lot tho. Perfect Illusion "flop" was more likely because of the messy promo schedule she had for the song with 0 promo on TV, performing that messy acoustic on radios (like... for real...) and then the radios not playing the song. It's def a grower tho. Hated PI from the start but now it's my top3 from Joanne

memomemome

I remember a yo even reach top 30 on Spotify on the release. But oh well

Monsterish

AYO is a 5/10 song :classy: Perfect Illusion was the right choice and the perfect lead single for Joanne's Era

The only problem was the bad promotion :saladga:

Ziggy
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

I think it flopped only because she didn't promote it. The 672418 performances of Million Reasons and Super Bowl made it a hit

But also keep in mind that Million Reasons had rave reviews upon release whereas Perfect Illusion had mixed. Million Reasons is a very palatable, radio-friendly song. She only had to play it that much to show radio that people were here for a ballad from her, and a country ballad at that. It's a tough sell to gamble on but she showed with a great song nothing else matters.

XXXXX
5 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

But also keep in mind that Million Reasons had rave reviews upon release whereas Perfect Illusion had mixed. Million Reasons is a very palatable, radio-friendly song. She only had to play it that much to show radio that people were here for a ballad from her, and a country ballad at that. It's a tough sell to gamble on but she showed with a great song nothing else matters.

Botch MR & PI are great songs.

Jonathan Wayne
1 hour ago, BloodyGlory said:

Completely disagree. Perfect Illusion is the best choice for the lead single

Its one of the best on the album imo:selena:

Jonathan Wayne
5 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

PI or Ayo?

P.I :giveup: 

A-YO is good too, but I preffer P.I:lolly:

XXXXX
1 minute ago, Jonathan Wayne said:

P.I :giveup: 

A-YO is good too, but I preffer P.I:lolly:

Same

Reality

A-YO would have been a good choice, in my opinion. I think it's a fun, catchy song, and it embodies the whole "country vibe" that she was going for with the album.

Perfect Illusion was fine, but she severely lacked promo, and to be frank, I think part of that was because she didn't really want PI to be the lead single. In fact, I think she wanted A-YO to be the lead.

🃏🖤👹

ReallyVenus
2 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

Joanne actually has no perfect lead single material compared to her past albums. A-Yo a great single choice but it sounds too weak for a comeback, Perfect Illusion is simple but it's too loud, John Wayne and Diamond Heart are probably my top picks, but they just don't sound lead single-ish (plus if JW was the lead we would meltdown so hard at Joanne thinking it's full of electronic bops :rip:)

like how we all had meltdowns thinking Joanne is going to be filled with rock/pop perfect illusion soundish tracks? :ladyhaha:

Who stepped on my taco?

Delulu Rogers

PI would have been fine if they weren't screaming in the song and repeating the same line over and over. Also it needed actual promo.

Archived