Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The 13th Doctor is female

judxs

Featured Posts

For the first time in Doctor Who's 54-year history the Doctor is being played by a female actor.

In my opinion this is SO important, it just shows how much has changed recently and reflects how women are much more equal in society. It's also a really good thing for young kids to see, instead of this warped misogynistic view that a fictional time travelling alien can only be male.

There's already a LOT of backlash, mainly from cry-baby men who can't bear to see change. I for one can't wait to see what Jodie Whittaker is going to bring to the show, she's a great actor (although you probably won't have heard of her if you aren't from the UK).

President Trump

Liberals see every woman main character as "paving the way." :wacko:

Ma ma pa pa pa

britneyspears
8 minutes ago, President Trump said:

Liberals see every woman main character as "paving the way." :wacko:

Conservatives see every person who isn't heterosexual, white, middle-class, and male as "political correctness gone mad." :wacko:

RAMROD

Reactions are strong as always.

Many female fans also sworn they will drop this 13th doctor season. Probably because they ca't see cute Doctor anymore. :giggle:

But tbh, I think this can go both ways. Depends how they will do this 13th Doctor episode.

If it is too PC, like Ghostbusters movie, it will backlash against themselves and ruin the whole franchise.

But if it is inclusive like Wonder Woman and Beauty And The Beast then it could be a hit. We will see.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Glittertinks

tbh I love this news! I kinda lost my interest in Doctor Who since the 11th and 12th Doctor, also the writing has gone bad and seeing that also the Showrunner has changes... I have some hope again for them!

cacaca

I'm excited to see how this goes.

I think the franchise was getting kinda stale, so I'll definitely watch her season and see how it goes.

ItsTommyBitch
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Reactions are strong as always.

Many female fans also sworn they will drop this 13th doctor season. Probably because they ca't see cute Doctor anymore. :giggle:

But tbh, I think this can go both ways. Depends how they will do this 13th Doctor episode.

If it is too PC, like Ghostbusters movie, it will backlash against themselves and ruin the whole franchise.

But if it is inclusive like Wonder Woman and Beauty And The Beast then it could be a hit. We will see.

The difference between these two things is not how "PC" or inclusive they are, its how much they upset the people (usually men) who don't like to have their sacred manly childhood heirlooms changed :laughga:  Wonder woman was always a woman, so the upset came from things like all female showings and what not. Ghostbusters though was a man's childhood story, so to change it to a diverse cast of women? That's too much :emma: Diversity reflects real life, even if that upsets people.

OT:

I have wanted this since like, 2005, so finally :applause: 

How well she does is whats important though :giveup: They shouldn't treat this as an "experiment", ya know? 

I hope this means they will get further and further away from the trope of doctor + companion being slightly romantic, and that they wont fetishize, objectify, or stereotype her as being read as explicitly or overly feminine. Being a woman is enough, we don't have to quantify it with things like an appreciation for makeup, boys, etc. That's just so basic and low key sexist tbh :rip: 

*to clarify* There's nothing wrong with being a feminine woman, I just think TV and Movies have a huge problem with lazily characterizing feminine women as just being wholly stereotypical and uninteresting :deadbanana: I'm actually totally here for a feminine doctor, just to piss off people, because theres nothing wrong with being feminine lol

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

RAMROD
1 minute ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

The difference between these two things is not how "PC" or inclusive they are, its how much they upset the people (usually men) who don't like to have their sacred manly childhood heirlooms changed :laughga:  Wonder woman was always a woman, so the upset came from things like all female showings and what not. Ghostbusters though was a man's childhood story, so to change it to a diverse cast of women? That's too much :emma: Diversity reflects real life, even if that upsets people.

Actually the problem is that Ghostbusters turn the protagonist male character to the minimal, and as punchbag for jokes. Whereas in Wonder Woman, the protagonist male character are treated as equal, so there was no "male hating" image with it which to most people are one reason why a film labeled as PC.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HausAlly

i woke up saw this and screamed for joy, i have been wanting a female doctor since smith left (but i must admit capaldi is now my favourite, so that would've meant missing him). i am so excited to see what they do, and i really hope they don't fuk this up 

giphy.gif

President Trump
3 hours ago, britneyspears said:

Conservatives see every person who isn't heterosexual, white, middle-class, and male as "political correctness gone mad." :wacko:

Again, the "conservatives are all racist" argument. It's the only card liberals have. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

britneyspears
1 hour ago, President Trump said:

Again, the "conservatives are all racist" argument. It's the only card liberals have. 

I never said 'racist' but if the shoe fits!

The Master

So excited for this! :giveup: I just hate that people associate it with feminism and the left. its got f*** all to do with that, time lords can just regenerate into women. + Chibnall should write immaculately for her!

ItsTommyBitch
15 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Actually the problem is that Ghostbusters turn the protagonist male character to the minimal, and as punchbag for jokes. Whereas in Wonder Woman, the protagonist male character are treated as equal, so there was no "male hating" image with it which to most people are one reason why a film labeled as PC.

I don't think that's quite it... Just refer back to all of the reception Ghostbusters got before it was released. There was nothing about jokes at the expense of men in initial press releases, just extreme sexism (and some racism - thanks Milo :sis: ) and people wondering "why are they women!?", to the point that reception of the movie is greatly tainted by this :emma: It's the most disliked movie trailer in all of YouTube history, and one of the most disliked videos proportional to its viewer count (its sitting at close to 1.1 million dislikes right now and 43 million views; Baby by Justin Bieber has 8 million dislikes, but almost 2 billion views. People called this feminist movie a **** punch to all men before it even came out :saladga: (I swear that's an actual article title I read back then :rip:)

That being said, minimally important male characters or male characters that are not as competent or relevant to the plot is purposeful subversion, not man hating. The absolute irony in people getting mad about that is exactly why movies like this are important :ladyhaha: To take it as conveying a tone of "man hating", but not to categorize the vast majority of media as incredibly sexist when the treatment of women in them is worse :rip: That's some privileged bs fam :deadbanana:The men being portrayed how they are portrayed is simultaneously a middle finger to misogyny, and an exercise in role reversal. And its not even one to one or anything. The men aren't overly sexualized, expected to be pure, but slutty, completely unintelligent, etc. Their entire existences and even lines in the movie are not solely about women, talking to women, about women :gum: Yes, there's some, but iirc, its not even that bad. 

Do I think its like "two wrongs dont make a right?" Maybe a little, but men being important while women are swept under the rug is the vast majority of media and really modern civilization, so excuse me if I don't find one instance where it is switched up to be deserving of more outrage than the vast majority of human history :rip:  

Making an honest movie that reflects real life might be called "PC" by those who don't get it, but its actually just an accurate depiction :rip: 

Also, the movie is funny because they had a funny cast and decent writer :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived