Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Despacito is excellent

Mary Jane Wayne

Featured Posts

IllusionLover

If you only knew the dirty **** this song says you wouldn't like it. I'm Latin American and i'm actually ****ing tired of that music genre, it sucks :fthis:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reid LePage

it's got justin on it and like almost anyone loves his voice on a latin track :selena:

not me tho :selena::selena: 

I'll say it again, Despacito is a good song, the best song of 2017 so far, and only because there are no competition. I don't understand how some people in here praise some **** like Bon Appétit and then say a Despacito is trash, like okay we all allowed to have different tastes, but something is seriously wrong here 

Princess Stache
8 hours ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

certainly better than everything American pop stars are realising right now (FACT)

Just because Justin was born in Canada doesn't mean he's not one of the most popular pop stars in America.  BYE FELECIA

DrKindnessKunt1999
9 hours ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

I know right. It seems like all the hate for Despaciro is stemming from one place called jealousy. I understand if someone says they got sick of it because it's overplayed but saying its a bad song is just.....plain delusion. If it was a Gaga song, I swear to God everyone on GGD would claim its the best song ever created :shrug:

Or a lot of them would tear her to shreds like they've done since the ARTPOP era :awkney: (or call her a sellout like they did when she released "The Cure" because it has a few seconds of a tropical beat.) 

OP: A lot of people usually hate on overplayed songs. It's not a new concept. Remember "Happy" by Pharrell Williams? Or "Gangman Style" or "Sexy and I Know it"? 

I do admit that the original "Despacito" is a catchy song. Bieber didn't seem to think so though, since he didn't even bother to learn the lyrics :reductive:

Emvee

You're looking at a pretty niche audience here. Of course white twinks on a Lady Gaga fan forum aren't going to think Despacito is worthy of its success. Anything that isn't a female pop or rap artist isn't deserving of success to people here. 

But the numbers don't lie and y'all are just gonna have to keep pouting and crossing your arms because obviously the GP liked it enough to play it 3 billion times.

and, hello, yes, it's 2017 and Latin people exist. We get to have our Basic ass Despacito's just as much as white people get to have their Call Me Maybe's and Shape of You's.

Fusel

These kind of songs rarely but regularly pop up in Europe and it's really not that special

RochestrMonstr
11 hours ago, kyanewest said:

I'll say it again, Despacito is a good song, the best song of 2017 so far, and only because there are no competition. I don't understand how some people in here praise some **** like Bon Appétit and then say a Despacito is trash, like okay we all allowed to have different tastes, but something is seriously wrong here 

Does anyone in this world actually praise BA? I was under the impression that everyone (rightfully) hated it, and it flopped hard for that reason.  

Panchecco

there's literally nothing exciting or fresh about that song

it's exactly the song that gets released in summer and becomes a hit but then you don't hear anything new from the artist probably until it's summer again and they release a 2.0 version of the same song they released the year before

:tea:

Original Diva
21 hours ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

I know right. It seems like all the hate for Despaciro is stemming from one place called jealousy. I understand if someone says they got sick of it because it's overplayed but saying its a bad song is just.....plain delusion. If it was a Gaga song, I swear to God everyone on GGD would claim its the best song ever created :shrug:

I just dont like it. i found it annoying and rlly overrated.. soz

excuse me no

I personally don't get the hype for Despacito, but idc enough to sh*t on the song either lol.

Ni Tu Ni Yo by Jennifer Lopez tho, what a bop :music: 

Babel

It's definitely thousand times better than the most watched music videos on Youtube (Gangnam Style, See You Again) so there's that. 

LittleLion

LOL i mean, the song have amazing instruments, like REAL instruments, that are actually native from the singers are, and beautiful latin vocals from people that been working for DECADES in the music industry and they now deserve all the respect and success they are getting, i don't get why people gets so mad, or threathened or jealous, or well...

Archived